Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   GM Performance Parts wish list... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=806)

LSxcellent 04-01-2007 08:55 PM

GM Performance Parts wish list...

OK folks,

If you could ask GM to put any part in the GMPP catalogue, and have it carry the full factory warranty, what would you ask for? It could be anything, from wheels to a stereo... what's on your list?

I'd be wishing for MOTON coilover suspension, a swaybar, and one nasty exhaust!

You?

~LSx

Casull 04-01-2007 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSxcellent (Post 9421)
OK folks,

If you could ask GM to put any part in the GMPP catalogue, and have it carry the full factory warranty, what would you ask for? It could be anything, from wheels to a stereo... what's on your list?

I'd be wishing for MOTON coilover suspension, a swaybar, and one nasty exhaust!

You?

~LSx

I would ask for a ported intake, ported headers, and ported cylinder heads. I like the exhaust you previously mentioned as well.

TAG UR IT 04-01-2007 09:31 PM

ZZ 572 Crate engine.

OverAnxious 04-02-2007 06:04 AM

Those are more than one part :D

I'd say put an turnkey C5-R in the catalog :D

TAG UR IT 04-08-2007 12:41 AM

GMPP for the 5th Gen according to Chevy Hi-Po

More info on the 5th Gen from Chevy Hi-Performace. I imagine this could be more verifiable than supposed sources we all hear about. BUT, CHP printed this and again, I thought I'd pass it along. More goodies to dream about!

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

General Motors Performance Parts (GMPP) has plans to market lots of performance equipment for the new Camaro. Some of our sources told us this meant exhaust systems, cold-air packages, special cams, headers, rims, and even DOT drag radials. There was even mention that some of these parts could be ordered to be on the car for delivery.

:thumbup:

SSRich 04-08-2007 01:03 AM

nooooooooooooooooo that is a bad news good news scnerio. Good news people will be happy and me and good for the product. Bad news i will have to dig deeper in my wallet.

Zyreal 04-08-2007 03:12 AM

I saw the title and though California Highway Patrol, I was like, WTF?

Mindz 04-08-2007 06:16 AM

Same here zyreal. I'm moving to Central cali soon (el dorado hills) so CHP on the backroads are gonna be a pain I bet. Gotta make friends with em soon as I move.

stevenm357 04-08-2007 07:45 AM

oh no... will need more money. have to quit eating lunch or something!

seriously i saw an interview from Ford this morning... it was ridiculous their idea of marketing what childish. I severely hope Chevy does a better job with the camaro.

Casull 04-08-2007 12:21 PM

400- 450 is fine for the first 5 years until the warranty is up... ater that I will make my own adjustments!

Zyreal 04-08-2007 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindz (Post 9694)
Same here zyreal. I'm moving to Central cali soon (el dorado hills) so CHP on the backroads are gonna be a pain I bet. Gotta make friends with em soon as I move.

Here CHP mostly, 95% of the time, stick to freeways. You'd have to worry about sheriffs, but they don't do much traffic. TBH, on deserted backroads, you can pretty much go all out.

Mindz 04-08-2007 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zyreal (Post 9709)
Here CHP mostly, 95% of the time, stick to freeways. You'd have to worry about sheriffs, but they don't do much traffic. TBH, on deserted backroads, you can pretty much go all out.

Where's "here"?

Zyreal 04-08-2007 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindz (Post 9711)
Where's "here"?

Er, you can scratch the "here" part, CHP in general I typed it meaning California, but CHP implies that since California is in the name

TAG UR IT 04-08-2007 11:52 PM

I would very much like to see GMPP get into aftermarket products to be sold as is on the vehicle when taken from the dealership. Could you imagine the types of products that could be offered??? Exhaust, headers, SC's, wheels, tires, air intake, suspension, etc. How cool would that be!