Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Do you know anyone who disliked their Camaro? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=379736)

NJScorpio 10-03-2014 09:03 AM

Do you know anyone who disliked their Camaro?

I'd imagine most of us here like our Camaros.

But I was wondering, does anyone here know someone who had a Camaro but decided to sell it/trade it in? If so, what was their reason?

Not looking to start a Camaro bashing topic (as in, why does someone say they wouldn't buy a Camaro)...but people who liked the idea of owning a Camaro enough to get one...then changed their mind.

EDIT: Some seem to think I'm taking about emotional attachment to a car...I'm just talking about, having had experience living with a Camaro, what reasons someone has had for trading/selling it that stem from something they discovered they did not like about the car.

Also, some have mentioned the practicality reasons of trading/selling a Camaro, so I am wondering about those as well...as some of those reasons can fall under the practicality of this specific car.

justjoshin 10-03-2014 09:26 AM

I hate the damn car, it is always making me spend large sums of money on it. It is like having another kid that is always asking for things.... :smiling1:

SlingShot 10-03-2014 09:29 AM

Hate to break it to you, but the sun doesn't rise and set on Camaros. I got tired of my 2010 2SS TF edition and traded it in on my 2014 Chevy SS. I have zero regrets and never get an attachment to a car.

NJScorpio 10-03-2014 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlingShot (Post 7988233)
Hate to break it to you, but the sun doesn't rise and set on Camaros. I got tired of my 2010 2SS TF edition and traded it in on my 2014 Chevy SS. I have zero regrets and never get an attachment to a car.

I know it doesn't...which is why I made this topic (though, I think you need to break that news to those who rated this thread so badly...they must be afraid of what they will read!).

What prompted the trade? What makes the Chevy SS work better for you than the 2010 2SS?

TX/ZL1 10-03-2014 09:34 AM

I love everything about my ZL1, but I've got two ex wives and a bunch of cars I don't own anymore that I use to love a lot, too.

Evergreen6 10-03-2014 10:14 AM

I think for some people, cars come and go, and it's nothing personal. With income and youth on their side, it's tempting to chase the next fast/fun object that comes along.

There's a lot of people on here that are probably ousted from their Camaros by reasons of practicality, especially if they start a family. Big car payments, a pretend back seat, and before you know it, it gets traded off for something with more doors.

lownslowss 10-03-2014 10:21 AM

Non-vented Optispark. ......that is all.

KaBoom1701 10-03-2014 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlingShot (Post 7988233)

Says the guy who has over 7000 post here on C5 and his sig say he drives a ZL1? :der:

But your right. It's just a car and we're all here just to have fun and enjoy our common appreciation for Camaros.

mariojmoe 10-03-2014 10:30 AM

I like my camaro ss but am not in love with it. I purchased it as a fun means of transportation but know too well I do not get attached to any car no matter what brand, make, or model. It is definitely NOT a keeper. Looking at a used gt500 or C7 stingray next (between now and the summer). I wont be attached to that one neither.

Cars to me are a fun disposable toy that gives me a permagrin for the time being. My F250 was purchased new in 2012 and im surprised I have not traded it for another diesel yet (Ford). That might the keeper actually lol. To answer your question though op its not my favorite car in the world but on the other hand I dont hate it either.

NJScorpio 10-03-2014 11:08 AM

I don't mean someone who suddenly hated their Camaro that they used to love (like a bad relationship), I get that there are practicality reasons to move on to something else...but I was wondering what those were, either for people here, or for people those here know who traded in their Camaros.

Dennis Northwest 10-03-2014 12:30 PM

I disliked my 2011 2LT so much that I traded it for a 2014 2SS/RS. Does that count?

ELIC1 10-03-2014 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TX/ZL1 (Post 7988249)
I love everything about my ZL1, but I've got two ex wives and a bunch of cars I don't own anymore that I use to love a lot, too.

two ex wives please dont tell me you are married now

Evergreen6 10-03-2014 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ELIC1 (Post 7988738)
two ex wives please dont tell me you are married now

Sanctity of marriage right thurrrrrr

I wonder if there's a correlation...more car swapping = more wife swapping? I hope not.

NJScorpio 10-03-2014 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evergreen6 (Post 7988807)
Sanctity of marriage right thurrrrrr

I wonder if there's a correlation...more car swapping = more wife swapping? I hope not.

The flip side would be, "Which has more miles, your car or your wife?!"