Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Southeast (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Charleston, SC 5thgen Camaro Sitings (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23970)

b4z 05-23-2009 08:41 AM

Charleston, SC 5thgen Camaro Sitings

Thought i would start a Charleston camaro thread.
We already have talked about the black ss and iom ss.
I rode through Hendrick savannah hwy dealership earlier this week and saw a silver camaro going through prep and then the next day i saw a yellow V6 sitting out front. the next day it was gone.

dannydbloody 05-23-2009 05:37 PM

Saw an LS Victory Red in the Navy Commissary parking lot. (Goose Creek)

Michael 05-24-2009 06:11 PM

Marathon in North Charleston had a black 1SS on the floor (already sold) and two base models. Don't buy there though... they're asking $7000 over MSRP and they've got the worst customer service I've ever seen in any dealership.

VenomZ302 05-25-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b4z (Post 512643)
Thought i would start a Charleston camaro thread.
We already have talked about the black ss and iom ss.
I rode through Hendrick savannah hwy dealership earlier this week and saw a silver camaro going through prep and then the next day i saw a yellow V6 sitting out front. the next day it was gone.

I believe the yellow V6 is their dealer car. However, I could always be wrong...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael (Post 515464)
Marathon in North Charleston had a black 1SS on the floor (already sold) and two base models. Don't buy there though... they're asking $7000 over MSRP and they've got the worst customer service I've ever seen in any dealership.

I had to have my 2000 Camaro get its bumper replaced at Marathon. I'm with you... I had an awful experience with them.

truck21 05-25-2009 04:26 PM

Just got this email form the other Marathon. They're asking 7 grand over as well. No surprise there, I guess.

This is Adam Collins, Internet Manager for Marathon Chevrolet Summerville...I must let you know I have one 2010 Chevrolet Camaro for sell that will be listed below for sale to first qualified buyer. This vehicle along with options and selling price will be listed below so this should answer all your questions. Please I ask that you call or email the time or date that would be most suitable for you to stop in to view this vehicle. If you like the vehicle you will be able to drive off today!!! Please call or email so I can make special arrangements for you.

Thanks,
Adam Collins
Internet Manager
Marathon Chevrolet Summerville
843-873-1810

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT Coupe

Victory Red with Black interior

3.6 liter V6 with Automatic Transmission
bluetooth
wireless pdim
usb port
steering wheel controls
leather wrapped steering wheel
remote starter
onstar
rs package
20" painted alum wheels with midnight silver finish
body color roof ditch molding
halo ring head lights
rear spoiler
rs unique tail lamps

Selling price: $34,030

truck21 05-25-2009 04:30 PM

Don't know if it's their dealer car, but the V6 at Hendrick is for sale. They tried to sell it to me Saturday after I told them I wanted an RS, which it isn't. They also want 7 grand over. I'm assuming one of the four or so people I saw looking at it were willing to pay to have it and it's gone. The sales guy said they're getting more in next week (maybe).
On a better note, Marchant is getting in a 2LT on RS Rally Yellow with auto and sunroof sometime soon if you're looking for one right now. Good dealer, no crap and very no pressure.

VenomZ302 05-26-2009 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truck21 (Post 517461)
Good dealer, no crap and very no pressure.

+1, based on my experiences thus far.

They didn't even really pressure me into ordering a Camaro and it only took me 5-10 minutes to place the order with them.

b4z 05-26-2009 03:27 PM

saw a red camaro coming out of orleans rd. onto savannah hwy yesterday.
I think it was a base car and had a paper tag. maybe a rental car.
There was no spoiler.

truck21 05-29-2009 05:51 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Saw a Camaro in Chick fil A on Rivers tonight. Looked nice, even in the rain. Put in pics, but they weren't the best quality. Hard to use a camera phone while driving. Car looks great though. Marathon has a couple of Camaros sitting out front, not sure what packages they are, but I know they're asking a big markup on them.

VenomZ302 05-30-2009 11:40 AM

^ I think that's the first one that Marchant sold. There are pictures of it in Spike's (I think) thread about the first Camaro sold in SC.

I saw a SIM 1LT without a sunroof today at Starbucks near Tanger Outlets. Looked nice.

patriotpa 05-30-2009 11:49 AM

Good thread on sightings.

truck21 05-31-2009 04:49 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Took some pictures of the cars at Marathon. They look great in the sun. Tried to get a few angles in the sunlight. Stickers are for a Rally Yellow 2LT non RS and SIM 2LT RS.

b4z 05-31-2009 09:04 PM

marathon, yuck.
I am sure there is a dealer processing charge on top of the $7K ADM.
Funny how they have a couple of camaros on the lot with $7KADM and they are still sitting there.
I saw both a red and yellow camaro at Rick Hendrick Friday.
Bet there is a ADM on those also.

So i can pay $7K over MSRP at Marathon or i can get a car for $98 over INVOICE at Marchant. what to do, what to do? LOL.
Heck it's only about a $8500 difference or $170 a month on a payment.
ROFL.

truck21 06-01-2009 09:31 PM

I know, I'm not a fan of Marathon or Hendrick. How can they expect someone to pay 7k over when they have 4 cars on the lot? And we can't forget the random extra fees and paint protection they put on at the last minute. I work too hard to just give my money away like that. I went with Marchant and I'm not sorry at all. :thumbup: