Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Dealers in Tulsa, Ok (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35965)

LED Crazy 08-06-2009 12:49 AM

Dealers in Tulsa, Ok

I am about to make my pre-order and I'd like to know which dealership is the best to order from. I hear Jim Glover is reliable, but I'd like to know if there is any other information out there and if anyone in Tulsa could share their pre-order and or pick up stories on here.. It would be great!:readthethread:

JEFE SS 08-06-2009 01:54 AM

Try this thread. Will give you a wider area of info. Hope this helps.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34957

hiway61revisted 08-06-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Unique4U (Post 765594)
I am about to make my pre-order and I'd like to know which dealership is the best to order from. I hear Jim Glover is reliable, but I'd like to know if there is any other information out there and if anyone in Tulsa could share their pre-order and or pick up stories on here.. It would be great!:readthethread:

BEFORE YOU ORDER : you have to know the all of right questions
Find the Inventory Order person and ask when can they order car, dont presume that when you place order that they can order at that time.
I ordered from Jim Glover, and would do so again but that doesnt mean I wouldn't talk to other folks. The only dealers I will never buy from are Keystone and Suburban. Thats my 2 cents (hope you dont need a nickle)
Tell us what you are planning on buying !!
also talk about fee's as well, ( now thats a nickles worth)

JEFE SS 08-06-2009 08:06 PM

This thread will also help you with specific things like dealers telling you that
the GM Credit Union Members Discount is only $250.00 when it is in fact
Invoice Priceing.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31437

For what it's worth....I've found these two questions to be very important
when talking to a dealer. They can still lie but these questions pin them down
to answering specific questions....

Will you order AND deliver a 2010 Camaro at MSRP or below, GMS or Supplier pricing? (Get a "yes" or "no" answer)

Do you have open allocations and if I place an order will an allocation be dedicated to my order now? (Get a "yes" or "no" answer.)

Ask for a copy of the Preliminary Order Detail....OrderWorkbench...and ask again...Did you assign a allocation to this order? Get a "yes" or "no" answer.

Asking these questions "may" avoid you being lost in status code 1100 limbo.

If you have already ordered and you have been at status code 1100 for more than a week or so....I would call your dealer and directly ask if an allocation was assigned to your order.

JEFE SS 08-06-2009 08:11 PM

Oh yeah and IMO i agree with hiway on Suburban... laughed at me and was rude when
I asked if they honored Supplier pricing and Keystone is trying to buy other local dealer's
allocations from them (Riverside) so they can mark the Camaros up 5K. Glover and Danny Beck are about as honest as your are going to get around Tulsa, but you'll pay MSRP
and have to put down 2500 or 1000 nonrefundable depost. Me personally... if I have to
wait six to eight months... am not paying MSRP. Happy hunting keep us posted. I believe
I am going to go with Classic in Grapevine, TX. Eric has said he will FedEx the paperwork
to save the trip down so you'll only have to drive down to take delivery and finalize the
purchase when the car comes in.

hiway61revisted 08-07-2009 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEFE SS (Post 769028)
I am going to go with Classic in Grapevine, TX.

You cant meet Miss Kristen Glover that way my friend,

CamaroScotty 08-07-2009 08:13 PM

Go to Milwaukee, WI.....Looks like I'll have allocation for late september builds and later....

hiway61revisted 08-07-2009 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 773600)
Go to Milwaukee, WI.....Looks like I'll have allocation for late september builds and later....

tax is 3.25 in oklahoma, what is it in WI ?

1969Fbody 08-07-2009 10:39 PM

There are many good and bad dealers both in Oklahoma and other places. I believe the best ones are involved with this site.

However, you asked for people to share their story. We ordered from Glover back in Oct. 2008. We went to Southpoint (close to us and we previously brought a car there), but they wanted (at that time) $10,000 over MSRP. Glover asked for MSRP with $2,500 down(in writing). Kept us informed on the status. No surprises. Picked up car on June 4th (we were #12 out of 20 allocations).

As the others of said, make sure and ask questions (like allocations and discounts) no matter who you go to. There are other dealers now that go below MSRP.

hiway61revisted 08-09-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 773600)

thread topic is dealers in "Tulsa Oklahoma"