Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   How do you wire the AAC Afterburners? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91861)

Rickerbucks 06-26-2010 06:51 PM

How do you wire the AAC Afterburners?

I did not get instructions for what ever reason and do not want to wait until Monday to call / finish.

Anyone able to help?

garcmol 06-26-2010 07:00 PM

Hope this helps. Been trying to get pics. Now, this is for the LED version, not the CCFL.

On the driver side. Splice into the Black/White wire and connect the solid red afterburner wire. (positive)
Splice into the solid black wire and connect the Red/Black Afterburner wire. (ground)

Passenger side. Splice into the Purple wire and connect the solid red afterburner wire. (positive) Splice into the solid black wire and connect the Red/Black afterburner wire. (ground)

You run both afterburner lights together into on splice. Example 2 Red afterburner leads into 1 Black/White wire on Driver's side. And so on. I used T-Taps from Auto Zone (they are blue I believe 18 Gauge connectors).

Hope you have no problems. Pics keep coming out blurry and when I try to crop them or zoom in, they are unrecognizable. Best of luck! Lets see them on the site when you're finished!

I was going to get pics of this, but work hasn't stopped! Remember, TEST your lights before you get them into the housings! Would suck to seal everything up to find out you've got a problem.

Pumpkin1LT 06-26-2010 08:31 PM

They are very easy to install, installed mine myself. Did you get them hooked up?

PieManMighty 06-27-2010 09:11 PM

I didn't get any directions as far as wiring with my afterburners either.... I watched the installation video multiple times and seem to have it down, but I haven't installed them yet because I don't have any directions on the wiring. I need a video or pics....

Pumpkin1LT 06-27-2010 09:17 PM

PM me your email address and I will forward the PDF directions.

PieManMighty 06-27-2010 09:19 PM

Sent

Pumpkin1LT 06-27-2010 09:43 PM

Sorry PieMan.. Can't find the file..but I can send you photos of the set up..it's super easy. Or you can contact Justin at AAC and he will get the PDF to you. He's pretty prompt about sending it. Truely Sorry man! Thought I still had it.

CamaroFTW 06-28-2010 11:54 AM

Check this post here has the link to the Install PDF:

HERE

PieManMighty 06-28-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroFTW (Post 2035746)
Check this post here has the link to the Install PDF:

HERE

Thanks dude, Huge Help!

Pumpkin1LT 06-29-2010 10:15 AM

Guess I dint have to send you those pics Pieman! Hope you get them installed easily!! And post dome pics up when your done!! ;). I have the CCFL tubes and I believe there is abit more wiring for this versus the LED version.

PieManMighty 06-30-2010 04:40 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Just finished up installing the Afterburners from AAC and Smoked Taillight covers from HeadLight Armor. It was quite time consuming and took some TLC, but I think they came out pretty good. The pictures were taken with my IPhone so the quality isn't the greatest, but still good. Let me know what you think! :chevy:

Pumpkin1LT 06-30-2010 04:56 PM

Really nice job! Now you gotta paint those bezels black! If you like that, that is.

In that last picture, are your light on!? I want to know how you wired it to get your afterburners to stand out so well. Mine don't do that...

Rickerbucks 06-30-2010 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garcmol (Post 2030610)
Hope this helps. Been trying to get pics. Now, this is for the LED version, not the CCFL.

On the driver side. Splice into the Black/White wire and connect the solid red afterburner wire. (positive)
Splice into the solid black wire and connect the Red/Black Afterburner wire. (ground)

Passenger side. Splice into the Purple wire and connect the solid red afterburner wire. (positive) Splice into the solid black wire and connect the Red/Black afterburner wire. (ground)

You run both afterburner lights together into on splice. Example 2 Red afterburner leads into 1 Black/White wire on Driver's side. And so on. I used T-Taps from Auto Zone (they are blue I believe 18 Gauge connectors).

Hope you have no problems. Pics keep coming out blurry and when I try to crop them or zoom in, they are unrecognizable. Best of luck! Lets see them on the site when you're finished!

I was going to get pics of this, but work hasn't stopped! Remember, TEST your lights before you get them into the housings! Would suck to seal everything up to find out you've got a problem.

HMMMM

On the passenger side I have black, green (with white strip) and Brown (with white strip) and the drivers side - black, yellow (with white strip) and purple.

The AAC lights have solid black (ground I would assume) and solid red only.

garcmol 06-30-2010 09:22 PM

Would it be different wiring since I don't have RS taillights?????

And Pumpkin, your lights still aren't right? Like Pie's picture, that's all you should see is the afterburner loop. I still don't understand how yours ended up not working when you clipped the tab on the bulb.