Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chevy Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   NISMO 370z VS Camaro SS (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17944)

The Boat 04-08-2009 11:42 AM

NISMO 370z VS Camaro SS

which would you pick if based on overall(not just straight Line performance|) Nismo Z will also have under 5 second 0-60 stock and just new dual intake can add 25 flywheel horse power for a total of 375!!!

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do.../photoId=98400

dodson914 04-08-2009 11:44 AM

Camaro hands down. I had a Nissan and will NEVER own one again!

Mr. Wyndham 04-08-2009 11:50 AM

The 370z isn't the type of car I'm in the market for. I want semi-useable backseats. I need the low murmer of a powerful engine. I want styling that doesn't make me sick. And I want performance worthy of respect. I couldn't care what "beats" it in a given race. People can shout performance numbers all they want at me (as they have), but it doesn't matter. Overall vehicle taken into account, I'd pick Camaro with no regrets.:)

KoTToN 04-08-2009 11:51 AM

yea i agree i had a nissan a couple years back and their quality is in the crapper for sure.

on a side note my cousin has a titan and its held together pretty well so maybe its hit or miss, but i think trucks are just a different animal for holding up when compared to cars.

CurtG 04-08-2009 11:54 AM

How much is a Nismo fully loaded? I'm looking for a Good sports car around 40k. If I was going to spend anymore than that I would just up it to a GTR for 80k which smokes just about anything on the road under the 600k price tag.

That being said I would still pick the Camaro between the 2. Price Vs Performance stock just can't be matched by anything else just yet.

Also it has to be a 4 seater so my boy can ride in the back. Thats not even taking into account that it just looks way meaner than a Nismo.

nol300 04-08-2009 11:55 AM

And it is ugly even if the performance was equal at least the Camaro looks good.

ArcAngel 04-08-2009 12:01 PM

Looks are subjective so that's out. 370z already does 0-60 in 4.7 so the nismo is probably gonna do it in 4.4/ .5 in the end it comes down to what type of car you want the performance will be almost identical.

dodson914 04-08-2009 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoTToN (Post 392610)
yea i agree i had a nissan a couple years back and their quality is in the crapper for sure.

on a side note my cousin has a titan and its held together pretty well so maybe its hit or miss, but i think trucks are just a different animal for holding up when compared to cars.

Actually, that's what I had and traded in within 8 months of owning. The engine was great. The quality with which they put it together not so much. TONS of rattles and terrible paint. I had issues with their wheels as well. Apparently the chrome wheels where really just chrome plastic glued on. They began to make sound like driving on bubble wrap when they got warm. They were a complete PITA to deal with on getting warranty issues fixed.

SSINSTR 04-08-2009 12:07 PM

Funny story, friend of mine has an 03 Z that I have watched go from a bolt on car to a fully built track star. Around the track that thing is fast as hell, but the damn thing was in the shop almost half the time. That VQ is highly strung as it is and once you start modding, the little stuff likes to go wrong (ask some people w/ bolt-on 300whp on those cars about reliability).

Anyways, we ran a friend's H/C 02 SS w/ 100shot and got walked, even with built motor and TT's. You would think after 15k in the motor the result would have been different.

SGOS252382 04-08-2009 01:24 PM

The Nismo package has always been about handling. It doesn't do much as far as HP increase (straight line speed).

From what I've been reading the Nismo 370z will make around 350hp (18hp increase over the 370z).

You could put an intake and catback exhaust on a stock 370z and make 18hp.

Chevyrocker 04-08-2009 01:55 PM

I've really got nothing against the Nissan, I just think it lacks a certain "badassery" (thanks for the new word blur) that comes as standard equipment in the Camaro.

Not to mention I prefer American vehicles.

snizzle 04-08-2009 02:11 PM

So you're telling me most people on a Camaro forum would pick the Camaro over the 370Z, interesting....

Btw, I believe the Nismo will come in at high 30s since price usually matters in these comparisons.

TheClassicCarKid 04-08-2009 02:17 PM

Camaro's better looking IMO, has 4 seats, and a V8.
I'd go Camaro.

radz28 04-08-2009 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snizzle (Post 392885)
So you're telling me most people on a Camaro forum would pick the Camaro over the 370Z, interesting....

Btw, I believe the Nismo will come in at high 30s since price usually matters in these comparisons.

I think it's safe to say, on a Camaro forum, yes... I don't even think twice about it. I like the 370, and all that, but Camaro has, IMVHO, just so much more mojo or something. I just don't think intimidation when I see the Z-cars in my mirror; they've always remained there :D:chevy: When I visualize seeing an SS in the rear view, I'll be quick to notice. I guess I'd equate the two to boxers - 370Z a feather weight and SS a big brawny heavy weight; the heavy weight is just my preferrence ;)