Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Stabilitrak Light came on after headers install (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192675)

TRIPWIRE 01-02-2012 06:58 AM

Stabilitrak Light came on after headers install

so i just installed some longtube headers on my l99 with cat deletes and the service stabilitrack light flashes on the screen the abs,stabiltitrack,competitve mode,traction mode lights are all. also the engine is running really rough but im assuming its bec of the no cats im getting a tune this coming weds but im not quite sure about the stabilitrack thing im guessing it has something to do with the o2 sensors and not having cats?

anyone?

thanks

rtcat600man 01-02-2012 07:09 AM

Try disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes and see if this clears the trouble on the stabiltrak.

TRIPWIRE 01-02-2012 07:15 AM

I actually did try that already and it didnt work

danvillekidd 01-02-2012 06:39 PM

Recheck all of your plugs and wires. I have read that they will cause that error if not connected correctly.

Cam 427 01-02-2012 07:34 PM

I had the same message after headers were installed along with a DTC P0300 ("engine misfire detected" although it didn't seem like it was missing). I checked the plug wires along with a few other things then eventually installed new plugs. The stabilitrack message and DTC did not show again. The old plugs looked good, no cracks or anything obvious.
I was more concerned with the DTC than the stabilitrack message, but found that a misfire in the engine will disable the stabilitrack since the engine is a part of the system.
You might try a scanner to see if you have any misfire codes.

TRIPWIRE 01-03-2012 09:23 AM

So I read that the problem for most people was fixed by changing the plugs which I'm gonna do today I hope it works.......

Nessal 01-03-2012 10:37 AM

check the plug and wires

TRIPWIRE 01-03-2012 05:10 PM

got the new plugs in today the lights came off and it was #7 that was cracked. boy what a difference! it sounds so sick and the car is running really smooth.

navyblueburnout 01-03-2012 05:18 PM

Glad you got it fixed!

Jorbob 07-19-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRIPWIRE (Post 4255228)
got the new plugs in today the lights came off and it was #7 that was cracked. boy what a difference! it sounds so sick and the car is running really smooth.

First post, apologies if I do something incorrect. I'm having the same problem (serivce stabilitrak and it turns on as soon as the car starts moving forward). LT header install, normal header codes for rear O2' except I'm not getting any misfire codes. My question is, since I'm not getting any misfire codes, can I rule out the plugs/wires? I had to disconnect the steering shaft to get the headers in, so I'm gonna try and focus on that.