Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Best lowering springs for v6? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346387)

Cheeyuhh 03-09-2014 12:08 AM

Best lowering springs for v6?

I searched the threads and couldn't really find a good one. What would be the best lowering springs for the v6? I was looking at hotchks.

axis 03-09-2014 03:11 AM

What did you put in the search? I used your exact thread title and found these two on the first of five pages of hits.

Lowering spring choices 2LT - input?

What springs for v6?

Cheeyuhh 03-09-2014 09:11 AM

Thanks man. Idk why I couldn't find it.

Packers1 03-09-2014 09:34 AM

Just ordered and received the Hotchkis 1" for my 2011 LS. Install is on Tuesday. Let me know if you want some feedback. I'll try to get some before and after pictures too.

wocampb 03-09-2014 09:40 AM

I had the 1" Hotchkis lowering springs on my 2012 45th V6 and they were great. Felt the difference in handling but didn't kill the ride at all.

#1stunner 03-09-2014 01:33 PM

post pics. i found a guy on craigslist selling these brand new for 100.00.i might be getting those.let me know your results

Packers1 03-12-2014 11:20 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Had the Hotchkis 1" springs installed and they turned out great. Ride is much stiffer but not uncomfortable. I love the look as well. The front dropped a little over an inch and the back a little less than an inch. Pictures are not the greatest but they show the difference. Next will be a set of Nitto 265/50R18's. They will be a little lower and wider than the stock ones.

DwRed1LTV6 03-12-2014 11:25 AM

That looks real good Packers1

Love the wheels tooo :thumbup:

urr2slo 03-12-2014 04:46 PM

Great before and after pics. You cant go wrong with Hotchkis. Best ride and handling out of all the lowering springs out there.

JDP Sales 03-12-2014 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urr2slo (Post 7489644)
Great before and after pics. You cant go wrong with Hotchkis. Best ride and handling out of all the lowering springs out there.

Agreed. They are my #1 choice for springs. The BMR 1.2" V6 specific springs are a good choice as well.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

Cheeyuhh 03-12-2014 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Packers1 (Post 7488861)
Had the Hotchkis 1" springs installed and they turned out great. Ride is much stiffer but not uncomfortable. I love the look as well. The front dropped a little over an inch and the back a little less than an inch. Pictures are not the greatest but they show the difference. Next will be a set of Nitto 265/50R18's. They will be a little lower and wider than the stock ones.

Looks really good! Im defiantly torn between hotchkis or BMR.

jkchambless 03-12-2014 08:36 PM

I originally ordered Pfadt springs; we all know what happened to them. I then looked to Hotchkis and BMR. I ended up with the BMR springs mainly because of the three companies Hotchkis is the only one the uses the same springs for both the v6 and v8. I wanted to get something engineered specifically for my car. I have heard good things about Hotchkis, but frankly BMR has the same or better rep and I couldn't get past wondering why they had "one spring fits all" when the others didn't.

Colt 03-12-2014 09:53 PM

Went with the 1" front and 1.2" rear BMR springs to help level out the car and balance out the raked look. Although I haven't had experience with any other brands, I'd definitely go this route again. BMR and JDP are both great people to work with. Most of the suspension guys around here have great customer service, it's hard to go wrong.

JDP Sales 03-13-2014 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkchambless (Post 7490333)
I originally ordered Pfadt springs; we all know what happened to them. I then looked to Hotchkis and BMR. I ended up with the BMR springs mainly because of the three companies Hotchkis is the only one the uses the same springs for both the v6 and v8. I wanted to get something engineered specifically for my car. I have heard good things about Hotchkis, but frankly BMR has the same or better rep and I couldn't get past wondering why they had "one spring fits all" when the others didn't.

The reason they have different springs is because when the suspension is at full droop (hanging in the air) some aftermarket rear springs had a tenancy of coming out of the perch. Pfadt was offering V6 specific spring for a while, but redesigned their springs and added a "dead coil" to prevent them from losing their position. Pfadt had not offered their V6 springs for a long time, so the springs you had on order were likely universal between models. To my knowledge, BMR is the only ones offering a V6 specific spring at this time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colt (Post 7490548)
Went with the 1" front and 1.2" rear BMR springs to help level out the car and balance out the raked look. Although I haven't had experience with any other brands, I'd definitely go this route again. BMR and JDP are both great people to work with. Most of the suspension guys around here have great customer service, it's hard to go wrong.

Thanks for the kind words. I like how your stance turned out with that setup!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007