Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Is the 1SS trim level rare? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57322)

Recluse 12-19-2009 11:52 PM

Is the 1SS trim level rare?

I swear I saw a stickied thread with a basic breakdown of Camaro production, but I can't seem to find it, so I guess I'll ask......

Is the 1SS trim level rare? I don't see a lot of them in local inventory, or even on eBay.

Thanks in advance.

armysig 12-20-2009 01:21 AM

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52242

Recluse 12-20-2009 01:35 AM

Dang! 6% of production......I guess it IS rare.

Thank you for the link...that's the one I remembered,

Supermans 12-20-2009 01:49 AM

That makes mine rare :) It helps for resale since people will buy it up quick seeing it as a much lower priced vehicle than the 2SS's when comparing.

Sir Nuke 12-20-2009 10:52 AM

Then of course you throw in color combo's and stripe combo's and you can get any of them as RARE, depending on what you consider rare.......

SS 376 12-20-2009 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supermans (Post 1304134)
That makes mine rare :) It helps for resale since people will buy it up quick seeing it as a much lower priced vehicle than the 2SS's when comparing.

:word: I can't imagine how many other IBM 1SS's w/white rally stripes there are out there. Not that I plan to sell the car.

PAUL SS 12-20-2009 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Nuke (Post 1304632)
Then of course you throw in color combo's and stripe combo's and you can get any of them as RARE, depending on what you consider rare.......

Like Aqua Blue Metalic, Gray Interior, Rally Sport, No Stripes or Sunroof and a Manual Transmission? Last time I checked there was one other one just like mine.

mjlash22 12-20-2009 01:29 PM

You have to be careful with "rare." The car isn't rare because they are making them to order, they are just not as popular as the 2SS or other trims. Over the next year or so I'm sure you will see a lot more people going for the 1SS after all the Camaro diehards purchase their 2SS's. Bottom line, the 1SS is not rare (or desired if you want to look at it that way), just not that popular when you look at the numbers.

SamSS 12-20-2009 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjlash22 (Post 1304931)
You have to be careful with "rare." The car isn't rare because they are making them to order, they are just not as popular as the 2SS or other trims. Over the next year or so I'm sure you will see a lot more people going for the 1SS after all the Camaro diehards purchase their 2SS's. Bottom line, the 1SS is not rare (or desired if you want to look at it that way), just not that popular when you look at the numbers.

Well, I prefer my 1SS over a 2SS any day. I never use Bluetooth and the other wireless options that come with the convenience and connectivity package, and the USB connection. I added the Boston Acoustics system to my 1SS. I didn't want leather seats, because it gets extremely hot where I live. So my car fits me and want I want in a car. And we all know that performance wise, it's the same as the 2SS.

SScattergunSS 12-20-2009 04:24 PM

[QUOTE=SamSS;1305321]Well, I prefer my 1SS over a 2SS any day. I never use Bluetooth and the other wireless options that come with the convenience and connectivity package, and the USB connection. I added the Boston Acoustics system to my 1SS. I didn't want leather seats, because it gets extremely hot where I live. So my car fits me and want I want in a car. And we all know that performance wise, it's the same as the 2SS.[/QUOTE]

And our 1SS's might even be a little lighter in weight?

gmwheels 12-20-2009 04:52 PM

i did a search and there was only 1 1ss in all of Canada so very rare indeed

jimmie.briseno 12-20-2009 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmwheels (Post 1305413)
i did a search and there was only 1 1ss in all of Canada so very rare indeed

Well not to be a downer but several of you are confusing the word rare with the phrase "less popular."

When something is rare it is because it is not available for purchase or order any longer. And my friends the 1SS is definitley available for purchase AND order. "Rare" is a discountinued model with very little produced in the first place for instance..if the 1SS was only made in 1000 cars, then it would be rare indeed. Additionally a color can be rare due to it not being available for order any longer like the ABM.

Now, with that said the 1SS is not rare. It is "less desired" for purchase compared to its LT of 2SS siblings. The 1SS will continue to be built and is available for order anytime. The numbers only show that it is less ordered because most people who want an SS have the cash to get the 2SS or wanted the additional features i.e. leather seats and connectivity

I am not trying to make waves but I do not like seeing a word like rare thrown around incorrectly:respekt:

SScattergunSS 12-20-2009 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmie.briseno (Post 1305448)
Well not to be a downer but several of you are confusing the word rare with the phrase "less popular."

When something is rare it is because it is not available for purchase or order any longer. And my friends the 1SS is definitley available for purchase AND order. "Rare" is a discountinued model with very little produced in the first place for instance..if the 1SS was only made in 1000 cars, then it would be rare indeed. Additionally a color can be rare due to it not being available for order any longer like the ABM.

Now, with that said the 1SS is not rare. It is "less desired" for purchase compared to its LT of 2SS siblings. The 1SS will continue to be built and is available for order anytime. The numbers only show that it is less ordered because most people who want an SS have the cash to get the 2SS or wanted the additional features i.e. leather seats and connectivity

I am not trying to make waves but I do not like seeing a word like rare thrown around incorrectly:respekt:

Overall I do believe you are correct. But I do wonder if the very small number of 1SS/RS R6P cars could be worth a little more? :iono: I don't know...just a thought. :chevy:

Sir Nuke 12-20-2009 06:09 PM

Well i GUESS jimmie is some sort of english major or something....OR thinks he is, but......

Websters defines RARE as:

1. Not widely known; especially valued for its uncommonness.

2. Recurring only at long intervals.

3. Not widely distributed.

4. Marked by an uncommon quality; especially superlative or extreme of its kind.

HMMMM doesn't say ANYTHING about being not available for purchase or order any longer.
just his OPINION.