Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Canada (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   What's wrong with these camaro owners (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301262)

SS_Falco 06-11-2013 07:03 AM

What's wrong with these camaro owners

So I'm currently working in the asshole of Alberta, otherwise known as Christina lake ( 15mins from Conklin). The hwy(881) gets shut down yesterday because of all the rain I guess it was flooding over. It's a dirt road for the last 15km, and not just any dirt road, no this one has potholes large enough to swallow trucks in it.. Just the other day it took me (in my 2012 silverado) over 30mins to traverse this nightmare. Along the way passing 3 vehicles that didn't make it... And what do I see going to work today not one but two camaros parked at camp! What's wrong with these guys! The roads here are so brutal truck axles are constantly snapping on these roads. Yet they figured hey... I'm going to drive my sports car down this beauty. My advise, if your looking for a used camaro in Alberta, you might want to ask if they ever worked in Christina lakes before.

FitterMike 06-11-2013 07:22 AM

which lovely site you working at? I spent sometime up in that lovely part of the province. I don't like driving my truck up there yet my Camaro.

SS_Falco 06-11-2013 07:30 AM

I'm building a sub station up here for cenovus so not entirely on a specific site per say.. But yeah I did not enjoy the ride in my truck I couldn't imagine it in a camaro.

SB09 06-11-2013 07:35 AM

First thing that come to mind is the Camaro is their only source of transportation.

Tyler H 06-11-2013 08:11 AM

Independent rear suspension and traction control. Give'er shit! If it is all you have to drive then that's just what you gotta do. A lot of people drive their Camaro as a year round daily driver. I'm lucky enough to have the choice to take her out or not but a lot of people don't. I see some Camaro drivers in the dead of winter driving the car. I don't think what an idiot.. I think " THAT DUDE HAS SKILLS! " :amen:

Meltdownaverted 06-11-2013 08:46 AM

Drove my old SS 3 winters with no issues, across Canada and all over. The 1LE is to low so I'll be breaking out my 79 EL Camino SS this winter <- now that one takes skill to drive in the winter, Camaro was easy with the right shoes. Aside from one trip down a dirt road due to washouts and avoided gravel at all costs though

smarbrit 06-11-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler H (Post 6656196)
Independent rear suspension and traction control. Give'er shit! If it is all you have to drive then that's just what you gotta do. A lot of people drive their Camaro as a year round daily driver. I'm lucky enough to have the choice to take her out or not but a lot of people don't. I see some Camaro drivers in the dead of winter driving the car. I don't think what an idiot.. I think " THAT DUDE HAS SKILLS! " :amen:

Don't know a thing about the road you speak of, but I drove my car this past winter and had a blast in it! I will admit there were 2 times however that I was nervous in it but that was due moreso to the blowing snow and lack of visibility than anything. I wouldn't drive a zl1 in the winter though, too much power!!

SS_Falco 06-11-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SB09 (Post 6656124)
First thing that come to mind is the Camaro is their only source of transportation.

Yeah your probAbly right, the thing is this is in the oil patch where your not just driving it a few times down a bad road.. You get to enjoy these conditions every job why would you buy such a badass vehicle just to wreck it in a year, the ammout you will spend fixing it you could buy a work vehicle