Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   TSP Headers Question (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282223)

SolidGoldBomb 03-11-2013 03:15 PM

TSP Headers Question

This is perhaps a foolish question, but are the O2 plug-n-play extensions necessary for the TSP 1 7/8" LT headers? I'm about to the pull the trigger on them, but would hate to find I was lacking necessary parts when it came time for installation. Also, am I correct in my assumption that the "catted extensions" are high flow cats?

camaro actual 03-11-2013 03:18 PM

catted extensions are indeed hi flo cats, the O2 extensions are needed unless you are capable of splicing and wireing up the original ones somehow. I.E. get them lol

biggerisbetter 03-11-2013 03:19 PM

yeah i would definately buy them haha.

Denis 03-11-2013 03:40 PM

Yup. You need em. No chance the stock ones will reach.

SolidGoldBomb 03-11-2013 05:27 PM

Thanks for the knowledge.

Jason 98 TA 03-12-2013 09:18 AM

These guys are right on! You will need the extensions. :)

Dznts 03-12-2013 09:43 AM

i would like to know where to even get these headers. Texas Speed shows them out of stock till mid april. :popcorn:

ForgedReality 03-12-2013 10:18 AM

I bought them, and they're effing SWEET. Mine came with the extensions, but I think I ordered them along with the headers. I don't really remember. XD

They have steel tags with the Texas Speed & Performance logo on them, tig welded at the corners. I dremeled them off, and smoothed out the weld spots nice and clean. Then I had them ceramic coated satin black. So sexy. I haven't put them on yet because the weather has been shitty, but it's among my list of summer mods. :D

Gonna do it in the driveway on jack stands. Pretty sure this isn't gonna be a problem but has anybody tried putting long tubes on in the driveway?

biggerisbetter 03-12-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForgedReality (Post 6276377)
I bought them, and they're effing SWEET. Mine came with the extensions, but I think I ordered them along with the headers. I don't really remember. XD

They have steel tags with the Texas Speed & Performance logo on them, tig welded at the corners. I dremeled them off, and smoothed out the weld spots nice and clean. Then I had them ceramic coated satin black. So sexy. I haven't put them on yet because the weather has been shitty, but it's among my list of summer mods. :D

Gonna do it in the driveway on jack stands. Pretty sure this isn't gonna be a problem but has anybody tried putting long tubes on in the driveway?

you should have no problem it is easier on a lift but a in a driveway on ramps or jackstands is completely doable:thumbsup:

Denis 03-12-2013 01:23 PM

I used a lift to do mine. But it was super easy. You shouldn't have any problems.

camaro actual 03-13-2013 09:21 AM

I did mine in my garage on jack stands, completly doable.