Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Injen CAI on my 6 Banger (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298982)

LionHeartX 05-31-2013 02:04 PM

Injen CAI on my 6 Banger

Hey guys! Just got in my Injen CAI for my 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS. Will install tomorrow morning! I will post up before/after pics when its done!:happyanim:

rtcat600man 05-31-2013 05:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
AWESOME, Long tube? Think about painting it first?

LionHeartX 06-01-2013 09:55 PM

@ rtcat- Yes, it is a long tube. Haven't considered painting it, but yours looks really good! I kind of like the polish look, matched my RS package.

Bad news though, installation was unsuccessful! Any ideas from you guys? NEED HELP!

Installed ok, however once I turned the car on, it kept shutting off. Then, the car calmed down and stayed on, but the check engine light came on and the stabilitrak and traction control light came on. It kept telling me to service the Stabilitrak...Once I test drove it, it was fine for a few minutes, then the car started stalling and actually turned off multiple times while driving!!! I had a buddy who is good with cars help me on the install, there were no leaks and the MAF was installed correctly, followed all directions. Had to return everything to stock, and everything went back to normal.

Any ideas guys? WOuld rather not blow a ton of money getting it installed at a shop, but I feel like it may the the only way now....

A Town 06-01-2013 11:13 PM

Still debating on what intake to get this one or the CAI. This one looks like a pain to install but I like the look of it. What do you think?

rtcat600man 06-02-2013 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LionHeartX (Post 6617480)
@ rtcat- Yes, it is a long tube. Haven't considered painting it, but yours looks really good! I kind of like the polish look, matched my RS package.

Bad news though, installation was unsuccessful! Any ideas from you guys? NEED HELP!

Installed ok, however once I turned the car on, it kept shutting off. Then, the car calmed down and stayed on, but the check engine light came on and the stabilitrak and traction control light came on. It kept telling me to service the Stabilitrak...Once I test drove it, it was fine for a few minutes, then the car started stalling and actually turned off multiple times while driving!!! I had a buddy who is good with cars help me on the install, there were no leaks and the MAF was installed correctly, followed all directions. Had to return everything to stock, and everything went back to normal.

Any ideas guys? WOuld rather not blow a ton of money getting it installed at a shop, but I feel like it may the the only way now....

d

Sorry to hear about the issues. I had no trouble with mine for the moment I installed it. Did you go over every connection again and again. Maybe the MAF was not plugged in all the way. Did you do the install with the battery disconnected. Might try that if you didn't. This way it starts off on a new learn. Clamps all tight. There really is not that much that can go wrong.

LionHeartX 06-02-2013 01:09 PM

@ ATOWN - install wasn't too bad, but definitely a lot more work than a short ram intake. I definitely like the look a lot better than the short ram, and I read that it dyno'd pretty good gains in both HP and torque. I read the CAI intake is good, but it is a short ram right?. Guess it depends on what you want, the Injen is a true cold air and when my car was actually working it sounded AMAZING and I noticed an immediate change.

@rtcat - glad your experience was better than mine! I actually forgot to remove the battery, but did it after the install and that made the car actually turn on and stay on, but the CEL/Traction lights still came on? I am guessing maybe the battery thing did it, but I did unplug it after for over 30 minutes and it still wouldn't accept the intake. My friend double checked the MAF and for leaks, but everything seemed ok? Having someone else look at it Monday, hopefully he can figure out what we missed/did wrong. Yes, I agree I foresaw this as something fairly simple and didn't expect such a catastrophe!

Thanks for the advice and I will keep you posted!

LionHeartX 06-03-2013 05:53 PM

Guess what the issue was guys!

INJEN installed their MAF sensor holding area backwards on the intake I ordered. After all the pain and suffering and blaming what I thought were my shoddy mechanical skills, it was just manufactured incorrectly!! What are the odds.....

htoniv 06-03-2013 10:04 PM

haha guess that wasn't too bad! but maybe you should talk to Injen for a replacement!

LionHeartX 06-04-2013 10:48 AM

Yes, working on that now, but honestly, I don't know if I feel like I can trust a company that welds the most important piece of an intake on backwards then sells it to a customer.....

A Town 06-04-2013 11:30 AM

Are these safe and snow and rain areas. Been hearing bad things about them. I live in MN and it rains and snow.

rtcat600man 06-04-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LionHeartX (Post 6624076)
Guess what the issue was guys!

INJEN installed their MAF sensor holding area backwards on the intake I ordered. After all the pain and suffering and blaming what I thought were my shoddy mechanical skills, it was just manufactured incorrectly!! What are the odds.....

Glad to hear you got the problem resolved. I thought about the MAF being backwards but it can only go in one way. But since the housing was backwards that would explain it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Town (Post 6627308)
Are these safe and snow and rain areas. Been hearing bad things about them. I live in MN and it rains and snow.

Bad things.........hmmm..........I only heard one story over the past 3 years, and that person removed the wheel liner and caused there own issue.

Unless you drive thru a water hole deep enough for it to suck water, you should not have an issue. I personally avoid all puddles deeper than a few inches. I have driven thru some pretty good rain storms and have had no issue. Just make sure you get the hydro-shield.

A Town 06-04-2013 03:15 PM

Yeah I will be getting that. But do you live where it snows? Will that affect it in any way?

rtcat600man 06-04-2013 03:55 PM

I do live where it snows, but mine gets parked when they start to salt the roads.

A Town 06-04-2013 05:30 PM

Will that harm it? Like the salt and stuff because I drive sometimes in the snow when I'm not driving my malibu