Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   New Camaro Recall - Ignition Switch System / Key Fob (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=363441)

HollyVenus 06-13-2014 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007s 'Vert (Post 7740992)
Well that sux....I happen to like my switchblade style FOB a lot......it would be nice if they just send us the new keys and then we can have the option of using either style.....

I :love: my switch blade style.... what else am I going to play with while sitting in a line some where.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuSe4 (Post 7741023)
Umm, yeah. I will not be performing this recall. My key will remain as is, thank you.

I just got my FOB customized. I'm not getting rid of it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SS2010 (Post 7741039)
I like my switchblade style key, I use it to thwart off would be car jackers. Not afraid to shank bitches with it either!! lol

:thumbup: ditto!

besides I'm 5'3" I don't have a chance in hell of hitting the key with this short little legs! ( I cruise with the seat low anyways)

SS Jett 06-13-2014 09:13 AM

I'm with everybody here too. I will not be getting a regular style key.

Denis 06-13-2014 09:15 AM

yyyeeeeeaaaaa noooooo

Xp0gam3r 06-13-2014 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indydriver (Post 7741105)
34,000 in inventory. Wow! No wonder they had to furlough the plant for three weeks this winter. That's a third of a year's worth.

The stop order is for a nutty ignition switch issue--somehow your knee can turn the key off.

I've accidentally switched off my car a year or so ago by exactly this. Moved my knee upwards to adjust and bam it was off! Took a couple of seconds to recognize why car wasn't moving, then threw it in neutral and turned it back on. Thank goodness road was empty (and it was a slight uphill so I was losing speed really fast). I'm 6"4 so my knee is pretty close to the steering column.

pickwithaustin 06-13-2014 09:15 AM

oy vey. I got rid of my Pontiac Solstice by trading it in toward my Camaro... One of my issues with the Solstice (which had an ignition recall) was that the ignition sometimes would not shut off. Imagine you get somewhere and can't turn your car off. Even after they "fixed it," I was afraid to go on any long trips. Solstice was "fun," but just was not me. Camaro!!! :)

Nate33 06-13-2014 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swacer (Post 7741087)
You literally hit the key? How do you do that?

I only have the key on a lanyard (nothing else on it), and I"m not close, and I"m 6'

was during summer...was hot...was moving around to adjust my jeans or something. just hit the key lightly with knee and completely lost power...no power steering no power brakes. put it back in neutral and started it back up

Fenderaddict2 06-13-2014 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qkslvr (Post 7741075)
Anyone know range of years...

All Gen 5 cars.

MDcarnut 06-13-2014 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustin.N (Post 7741060)
If I was getting a push button start I would take it in.

This x 10 - I would even pay for it.

LuSe4 06-13-2014 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDcarnut (Post 7741123)
This x 10 - I would even pay for it.

Yeah, me too. :w00t:

Swacer 06-13-2014 09:20 AM

Talked to a buddy that worked for GM, a dealer will continue to work on your car regardless if you follow this recall or not. So no worries.

I'm skippin this.

Swacer 06-13-2014 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate33 (Post 7741118)
was during summer...was hot...was moving around to adjust my jeans or something. just hit the key lightly with knee and completely lost power...no power steering no power brakes. put it back in neutral and started it back up

Wow, your legs must be much longer than mine.

radametz 06-13-2014 09:23 AM

I wonder if GM is aware that, with the handbrake handle next to the passenger's seat, the passenger can easily pull the handle while you're driving. I demand GM recalls all Camaro's for this issue as well. In addition, the gas and brake pedals are way too close to each other. There has to be a wall between the two to prevent a driver from pressing one instead of the other. I could go on...

This is the kind of thing that there shouldn't be a mandatory recall for. It should be a notice sent to Camaro owners to say "Hey, this could happen. Be careful. And if you want we can swap out that key for you."

Swacer 06-13-2014 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x1sniper3x (Post 7741148)

This is the kind of thing that there shouldn't be a mandatory recall for. It should be a notice sent to Camaro owners to say "Hey, this could happen. Be careful. And if you want we can swap out that key for you."

Agree. Keep in mind though, mandatory or not, its your car, your choice.

Shift_Rejected 06-13-2014 09:25 AM

Who's Ignoring The Recall and Keeping Their Switchblade

Will I'm not against safety, I would prefer to keep my switchblade key instead of getting a new key and separate fob. Anyone else?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=363441

:happy0180: