Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Trying to get a Camaro today; How much did you get yours for? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37527)

TheChemist187 08-15-2009 12:05 PM

Trying to get a Camaro today; How much did you get yours for?

Hey guys I am hoping to get a base model Camaro today with the CARS program. I did my research and got the pricing sheet here from this site.

I do not wish to have anything else but the base model which is 22,245.00, I'm thinking when I go there tell them 20,000.00 for it? Should I go for Dealers Invoice at 21,021.53? Below or above invoice?

I am 19 and this is my fist time buying a car. I also did research and never negotiate payments, just base price. What do you guys think? I really want this vehicle.:chevy:

jschuler 08-15-2009 12:18 PM

It's doubtful that you will be able to buy anything off the lot for less than MSRP. But good luck with that.

jpsuperman81 08-15-2009 12:20 PM

First of all your talking about an LS there aren't that many of them out there period and they don't make as much off those as they do higher trim level. You should ask for MSRP and any military or other discount you are eligbile for. i doubt they will sell under MSRP. Even if you could pay cash it doesn't have the buying power it once had, pople use to could negotiate with cash but dealers would rather finance and make more money that way. I would find an MSRP dealer and ask for MSRP, I would be highly surprised if you get it for under that. There are exceptions to every rule but this car is so hot most poeple are lucky to find MSRP. As you can see form their invoice they are making very little even at MSRP on that trim level. No reason a dealer would sell you the hottest car on the market for under MSRP.

talwell 08-15-2009 12:42 PM

Chances are very good unless you are lucky to have a Camaro Scotty approved dealer in your area that not only will you pay MSRP but be prepared to add another $3k-$10k to the sticker for any car that is in stock.

Do not be prepared to find any cars in stock being sold at MSRP - even if it is the base models. Very few dealers are willing to sell inventory at this price.

Your best bet is to speak to a few of the dealers on here that are proven to be respectful of your buying needs and not looking to rip you off for short term profits. You may not get a car today - but you will be able to sit for the next few weeks without your rear end hurting from the treatment you would get trying to buy an inventoried car.

BB_Yellow2010 08-15-2009 02:09 PM

I would say, if you can get the car for MSRP, you're getting a good deal!
Any car other then the camaro, you could probably get them to negotiate, but the camaro is way too hot, if you don't want to buy it at MSRP, someone else will.
Just my 2 cents..

Orangeshehot 08-15-2009 06:07 PM

MSRP

I found a dealer who had what I wanted coming in and have purchased it site unseen for MSRP. On its' way to rail yard in KC. Cars I'm seeing on the lots are high end packages like was mentioned earlier, a few less than that but very few.

SWHCPA 08-15-2009 06:39 PM

that loud howling cackle in the wind is your dealer warming up to laugh at you. you want a camaro? take a # and get in line. 1st, you have to find a dealer with open allocations. then you have to place the order. then you get to negotiate how deep and hard the alien probe will be adminstered. MSRP is your best bet, less any applicable discounts for USAA, Credit Union, GM Card, etc. If you have a decent trade-in that is not on the CARS pgm, then you might have a bit of leverage as the used car market is tightening up because of the beaters being pulled off the market. Best guess - MSRP and a 10-12 week wait.

AZ MSCL 08-15-2009 11:36 PM

FYI

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheChemist187 (Post 801934)
Hey guys I am hoping to get a base model Camaro today with the CARS program. I did my research and got the pricing sheet here from this site.

I do not wish to have anything else but the base model which is 22,245.00, I'm thinking when I go there tell them 20,000.00 for it? Should I go for Dealers Invoice at 21,021.53? Below or above invoice?

I am 19 and this is my fist time buying a car. I also did research and never negotiate payments, just base price. What do you guys think? I really want this vehicle.:chevy:

Due to vehicle shortages and demand, you're gonna have a tough time. Check out this post, you might want to wait on your purchase. Camaro's in my area are going for $10,000 over sticker right now.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37340

camero 08-16-2009 03:27 PM

Yeah there's people here that have been waiting on their cars for 6 months and you think you can walk in and find a car a negotiate the price??? I can't see how that's going to happen.

Thrillz 08-16-2009 03:36 PM

The demand for this car is still quite crazy. Dealers around me told me the allocations they have they cant even order the SS model this year for the part shortage. The V6 models around here arent moving that great but put a SS model on the lot its gone in less then a week.

chanceofflight 11-11-2009 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheChemist187 (Post 801934)

If you don't mind the wait, tell them to order you one. You get it for MSRP, and if you have military discount or a credit union discount (Check with GM HQ if your Credit Union is applicable) and you get supplier pricing (About $1000 below MSRP)

5thGenOwner 11-12-2009 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangeshehot (Post 802742)
MSRP

I found a dealer who had what I wanted coming in and have purchased it site unseen for MSRP. On its' way to rail yard in KC. Cars I'm seeing on the lots are high end packages like was mentioned earlier, a few less than that but very few.

I got lucky like you... a dealer had exactly what i wanted comming in, and i snagged it up at MSRP. Smiling ever since!