Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   How to get gas. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332293)

metthem 12-15-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kacmdc (Post 7258223)
Make sure you shake it before you put it away.

and drain the hose

MBS 12-15-2013 09:56 AM

Are we that big of wimps that it has gotten to the point where squeezing the trigger is way too much effort?

LBreezie 12-15-2013 10:24 AM

stick the gas cap in between the trigger and the guard. Works every time.

PalmerGA 12-15-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd10013 (Post 7261813)
so have we come to a consensus yet? I'm on 1/4 tank and need to figure this out pretty soon. :D

Call Click 'n Clack... the Tappet Brothers. They'll have an answer for you.(Don't drive like my brother...)

EMB135Driver 12-15-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burn Notice24 (Post 7257725)
I appreciate a petty insult as much as the next guy, but why? However, if you want to take a shot at me, I will defend myself. My test scores place me in the top 98% of my class, I attended a summer course at Columbia university this past summer and receive multiple college recruitment letters each month. No one has showed me how to get gas without holding the pump. That doesn't make me an idiot. :focus:

You started this thread, and by your own admission "I am an IDIOT", you asked for it. I was told once when tempted to start a thread to type it out in WORD, save it, and read it the next day to make sure I really want to start a thread and am prepared to deal with the consequences.

As an aside, I had a chuckle at your expense yesterday as I filled up my truck, and watched some woman try to pump gas into her car as her boyfriend sat in it....the tank was on the opposite side, and she drove around the island to fix it but it was still away from the pump....she was puzzled as to what to do. I realized at this moment that you aren't alone my friend.

MrWray 12-15-2013 12:20 PM

College can teach you alot of things, but it cant teach you common sense :p

Airport 12-15-2013 01:11 PM

Hello,
To remove the smell of gas from your car, clean out the car completely of anything that could have soaked up the smell.If you have a gas can in the trunk,carefully wash the outside of it,to remove any lingering gas.

Jcm 12-15-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Airport (Post 7262637)
Hello,
To remove the smell of gas from your car, clean out the car completely of anything that could have soaked up the smell.If you have a gas can in the trunk,carefully wash the outside of it,to remove any lingering gas.

I don't know what to say to that!
Airport hurry, Hit edit.. I'll change the subject..and try and draw them off ..
How do I put gas in my car and not have to hold the nozzle ??

But welcome to the ZOO!!
If you go into a cage full of hungry lions... Better bring more than one Krystal !!

Stecky 12-16-2013 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metthem (Post 7262327)
and drain the hose

and drain the hose <---Thats What She Said :nod:

Jcm 12-16-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burn Notice24 (Post 7255184)
I'll start by saying that I am an idiot :frusty: How do you fill up the tank without having to stand there holding the nozzle? :iono:

That's simple--
After you get out of your car and light your cigarette simply push the lighter between the lever and handle..it'll only flow about 1/2 open but this might? give you enough time to use the restroom? And get another 6 pack? But remember to mash the cigarette out before getting back in the car, or you're car will stink!

Don't do the wallet or tennis ball thing..most places they'll steal your wallet and some places your tennis ball..
PS I think using the gas cap will void your warranty..
:noidea::noidea:

Jcm 12-16-2013 08:01 AM

Oh crap I almost forgot my lighter again. . Pull that thing back out..

I know ,,that's what she said...

Stecky 12-16-2013 02:23 PM

This got me thinking. :twitch:
If GM wouldn't put the Fill hole so close to the rear end, maybe it would be easier for everyone to put the nozzle in and still feel comfortable.

Jcm 12-16-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stecky (Post 7264906)
This got me thinking. :twitch:
If GM wouldn't put the Fill hole so close to the rear end, maybe it would be easier for everyone to put the nozzle in and still feel comfortable.

Yep..
That's what he and she said..

90503 12-16-2013 07:55 PM

Here ya go....lol....

Instructions
    • 1 Choose your pump, drive up beside it and turn off the engine. Be aware of the location of your car's fuel filler port, so that it faces the gas pumphttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png. Make sure you are close enough to the pump for the pump's hose to easily reach the fuel filler.

• 2 Open the door to fuel filler, either with a switch on the inside of your car or by whatever method your model of car provides. Unscrew the gas cap and place it in a location where you will remember not to drive away without reattaching it.

• 3 Follow the payment instructions on the gas pump. Today, many stations allow pay-at-the-pump with a credit card, debit card or fuel gifthttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png card. If you want to pay the old-fashioned way with cash, you will likely need to go inside the station and pay before fueling. As gas prices have risen, more and more station owners have lost substantial revenue from drive-offs, or people who drive away without paying.

• 4 Choose a grade of gasoline and activate the pump by pushing a button or lifting a handle underneath your choice. There are generally three grades available in most states: regular, midgrade and premium. The regular unleaded gas will be the least expensive, and premium will cost the most. Some pumps have a diesel fuel option beside the gasoline. Make sure you do not put diesel fuel in a gas-powered engine. A mechanic will have to drain the tank and and the diesel could prevent the engine from starting and cause internal damage.

• 5 Remove the nozzle from the pump and insert it into the fuel filler opening. Pull the handle inside the nozzle upward to release the gas into your tank. The nozzle may have a trigger-lock feature that holds the handle in place while fueling to prevent having to stand and hold it. Once the tank is full, the gas pump will shut off with a click and gas will stop flowing. If you do not intend to completely fill your tank, you will have to watch the pump to see when you have reached the desired dollar amount of gasoline and then release the handle, or stop the automatic flow by pulling up on the handle to release it. Replace the nozzle back on the pump, reattach your fuel filler cap, shut the fuel filler door and you're on the road again.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/how_7828363_pump...#ixzz2nh1txO9B

Stecky 12-26-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90503 (Post 7265705)
Here ya go....lol....

Instructions
    • 1 Choose your pump, drive up beside it and turn off the engine. Be aware of the location of your car's fuel filler port, so that it faces the gas pumphttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png. Make sure you are close enough to the pump for the pump's hose to easily reach the fuel filler.

• 2 Open the door to fuel filler, either with a switch on the inside of your car or by whatever method your model of car provides. Unscrew the gas cap and place it in a location where you will remember not to drive away without reattaching it.

• 3 Follow the payment instructions on the gas pump. Today, many stations allow pay-at-the-pump with a credit card, debit card or fuel gifthttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png card. If you want to pay the old-fashioned way with cash, you will likely need to go inside the station and pay before fueling. As gas prices have risen, more and more station owners have lost substantial revenue from drive-offs, or people who drive away without paying.

• 4 Choose a grade of gasoline and activate the pump by pushing a button or lifting a handle underneath your choice. There are generally three grades available in most states: regular, midgrade and premium. The regular unleaded gas will be the least expensive, and premium will cost the most. Some pumps have a diesel fuel option beside the gasoline. Make sure you do not put diesel fuel in a gas-powered engine. A mechanic will have to drain the tank and and the diesel could prevent the engine from starting and cause internal damage.

• 5 Remove the nozzle from the pump and insert it into the fuel filler opening. Pull the handle inside the nozzle upward to release the gas into your tank. The nozzle may have a trigger-lock feature that holds the handle in place while fueling to prevent having to stand and hold it. Once the tank is full, the gas pump will shut off with a click and gas will stop flowing. If you do not intend to completely fill your tank, you will have to watch the pump to see when you have reached the desired dollar amount of gasoline and then release the handle, or stop the automatic flow by pulling up on the handle to release it. Replace the nozzle back on the pump, reattach your fuel filler cap, shut the fuel filler door and you're on the road again.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/how_7828363_pump...#ixzz2nh1txO9B

Looks you you put a stop all that.

Msmall143 12-27-2013 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlaqWhole (Post 7258967)
OP, I feel your pain. Here is some advice:

Pull into the gas station. Pull up to the pump and stop within a reasonable distance so the hose will reach your gas filler door. Put the car in park (if auto) or 1st gear (if manual). Apply parking brake. Turn car off. Take keys out of ignition. Open the car door. Step out of the car and stand up. Close the car door after you've moved your body out of the way of the door. Walk to the gas filler door. Push on it slightly to open it. Then open it completely. Tell the gas attendant the amount of gas you want in dollars. Take the nozzle and insert it into the filler. Pull up on the handle to begin pumping gas. That should do it.

Hopefully we can get a sticky on how to properly fill our gas tanks. And one on windshield washer level indicators.

Greatest post ever!

:bow:

But what do I do once I've completed pumping? <------completed pumping!!!

Stecky 12-27-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Msmall143 (Post 7288902)
Greatest post ever!

:bow:

But what do I do once I've completed pumping?

Thaaat what she said

Wipe it off!!!!;)

BigNate 12-27-2013 02:30 PM

I wedge an empty .270 short mag shell under the gas handle. I fits perfectly and it is secure. Never had one fall out yet....

Snidely Whiplash 01-12-2014 06:29 AM

Some states have laws against you filling your own tank. The firsty time a guy came to fill onr of my Harleys, he saw I was wearing MC colors and handed me the nozzle and waited until I was through. He was scared as hell to even think of touching my scoot.

Stecky 12-05-2014 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snidely Whiplash (Post 7329923)
Some states have laws against you filling your own tank. The firsty time a guy came to fill onr of my Harleys, he saw I was wearing MC colors and handed me the nozzle and waited until I was through. He was scared as hell to even think of touching my scoot.

:rolleyes:He was scared as hell to even think of touching my scoot.

That what she said!