Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Some Cost Insight (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1811)

OverAnxious 10-16-2007 01:22 PM

Don't read too much into this guys :cool:

AirGoya 10-16-2007 01:44 PM

i am really confused!!
I thought to enter the sweepstakes you had to buy the transformers DVD?!?!?
Can someone answer this ASAP

Pencil.Fight 10-16-2007 01:58 PM

That's what I thought as well, but apparently you don't. Just go to www.chevy.com/camaro

AirGoya 10-16-2007 02:06 PM

yea i can see that so whats to point of the code that i will be getting in maybe a half hour when i get the dvd

Pencil.Fight 10-16-2007 02:11 PM

I don't think there is a code, I'm pretty sure the DVD insert just gives you that web address.

Mr. Wyndham 10-16-2007 02:19 PM

Sales technique: Tell them you need to buy a DVD to enter to win a Bumblebee. Put URL in DVD. URL gets leaked all over the internet. But a lot of people bought the DVD first. :rolleyes:

TAG! Don't get so upset! :laugh:
This is one of those things, that just isn't worth looking into..."Keep the Faith"? We haven't forgotten this, have we?:rolleyes: There's no way the base Camaro will be 40k. None.

All I can discern from this, is that the 3 Bumblebees will be externally altered only. They won't have unique engines or anything...

:iono: I don't particularly care for the yellow, anyways - but don't have a heart attack because of what was written there. It could've been a typo. it could've been a projected price for the base "Top Dog"...who knows:iono:

SSFreak11 10-16-2007 02:42 PM

I think that the $40k represents what it would roughly cost to replicate the car BASED on the estimate of what a base Camaro will cost. :iono:

Pencil.Fight 10-16-2007 02:47 PM

Exactly. That's what I was saying. They know the price of paint and attachments. The only thing they don't know is what the price of a Camaro will be in 2009. That's why they said they based the 40k on future predictions.

The designated value of the prize is $40,000.

DGthe3 10-16-2007 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by balonywolf (Post 26941)
I would assume it's just so they can "earn" a prize instead of just winning because they entered.

Thats exactly right. and you don't have to answer the question on the spot, at least for lottery tickets it isn't. Normally its elementary school level math, like (1+5)*8/(4-1). Other questions are trivia based, those are normally for media based contests, like TV shows, they are really easy. For example, if you were trying to win a DVD of Transformers the question might be "What 1980's cartoon is the movie Transformers based off of?". Although its sooo much harder for us to win these prizes, the up side is that we don't get taxed on winnings.

Pencil.Fight 10-16-2007 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGthe3 (Post 26977)
Although its sooo much harder for us to win these prizes, the up side is that we don't get taxed on winnings.

What? I take that back, I think it's time to move to Canada!

The_Stache 10-16-2007 03:21 PM

Quote from scott over on camaroz28.com..

Quote:

NO NO NO.......base price of a Camaro will not be $40K!!!

Important to understand a couple of things:

>Sweepstakes laws in some states say we must disclose a value. We don't have a value because we have not announced pricing! Pricing is the last 'battle' if you will. The Camaro -- in order to be successful -- must be in line pricewise with its competition. The number one competitor is..........................Mustang............

Mr. Wyndham 10-16-2007 03:34 PM

That "settles" it. ;) :laugh:

DGthe3 10-16-2007 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pencil.Fight (Post 26979)
What? I take that back, I think it's time to move to Canada!

In that case, don't move to Quebec. They get excluded from these contests. I have no idea why

09fathomgreen 10-16-2007 03:50 PM

The mathematical question is pretty standard when it comes to Canadian contests.