Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2010 Camaro color and model popularity as of May 11, 2010 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82768)

Lfsabch 05-11-2010 06:39 PM

so many, yet i cant even get a black 1ss with a sunroof in the same city they are being manufactured, ridiculous!

firsttime Camaro owner 05-11-2010 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJxiv1215 (Post 1837892)
I didn't know the 2SS was so popular!

Proud to be one of only 7,300 with the Summit White.

Ditto that for me. Also one of the 2SS owners :headbang:

Rockhead 05-11-2010 07:09 PM

Black 2 SS that's me.

rez333 05-11-2010 07:15 PM

What the Camaro needs is a track pack, not all these silly "comfort" packs.

rez333 05-11-2010 07:18 PM

For me, this car doesn't feel right with a V6. It's too bad-ass looking for anything less than a monster v8 ;-)

I'm not putting down the V6 by the way, I own two cars with V6 and they are appropriate for those two cars, but on the Camaro? I wouldn't buy a Challenger with a V6 either. My opinion, but evidently also the opinion of 58% of Camaro buyers.

savage71ChevelleSS 05-11-2010 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade (Post 1838048)
I find the wide gap between the number of 2ss andd 1ss sold compared to the close game of the number of 2lt vs 1lt sold telling.

Seems like, the 1ss is almost a useless model to offer, because if someone is going to to get the V8 they might as well get the 2ss, because its absolutely illogical to spend the money on the SS and not get the full model.

Now compare that to the narrow gap between 2lt and 1lt. Looks like the 1LT owners didn't see the point of spending any more change, because they wanted to stay at a certain pricepoint. But combine the 2 numbers and you have almost 35% of the market being V6 Camaros.

Hey, jerkoff post of the day. Thanks for playing

GSUNCSU 05-11-2010 07:21 PM

Quote:

I find the wide gap between the number of 2ss andd 1ss sold compared to the close game of the number of 2lt vs 1lt sold telling.

Seems like, the 1ss is almost a useless model to offer, because if someone is going to to get the V8 they might as well get the 2ss, because its absolutely illogical to spend the money on the SS and not get the full model.

Now compare that to the narrow gap between 2lt and 1lt. Looks like the 1LT owners didn't see the point of spending any more change, because they wanted to stay at a certain pricepoint. But combine the 2 numbers and you have almost 35% of the market being V6 Camaros.

Guess I'm useless (and just how big a boy are you?), didn't want leather or blue tooth (Heck I got onstar, to each their own), didn't know it took those things to be a "full model" SS (I guess my 69 and 70 Chevelles, weren't true SS's either cause they didn't have that stuff). Oh well, the reason they offer options is because not everyone has the same taste, my money, my options, my car.:mad0260:

GSUNCSU 05-11-2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savage71ChevelleSS (Post 1839633)
Hey, jerkoff post of the day. Thanks for playing

You were faster on the "submit" than me...

savage71ChevelleSS 05-11-2010 07:37 PM

GSUNCSU, too funny, some guy with a 1LT trying to tell us that our cars are useless. I wonder if they guy bothered to read his post before hit submit and realized what an ignorant statement it was.

MrE 05-11-2010 07:41 PM

Black 2SS FTW! Love the curves that black shows off, its just a pain in the butt to keep clean. 15 minutes after washing her, she's dirty again.

Milk 1027 05-11-2010 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G10 (Post 1837946)
This is bullshit... Why is Aqua Blue metalic so low... if that color were still available it would be selling like crazy.

The numbers are telling different. It's not available because it wasn't selling like crazy
Quote:

Originally Posted by ssump29 (Post 1837949)
It's funny the 2SS and 2LTs lead the way yet if you were to read the post here you would think no one buys the 2SS since everyone always saying they don't need the extras and fake leather and blah blah. Just that shows them how wrong they were.

The ones that say they don't need leather and all the other extras didn't get a 2SS.
Quote:

I honestly don't see the point in spending more money on stuff that I neither wanted nor needed. All I wanted was the V8, Why would I want to pay 3K extra for stuff that I really don't want or need.

Why would anyone? You are making assumptions, really bad ones at that.
Quote:

Originally Posted by trm0002 (Post 1838118)
Better be careful- if trim levels are anything like paint, the 1SS could be heading down an ugly road... When you compare, you have to look at strictly V6 then strictly V8. The 1SS is less than 12% of the V8 volume while the V6 trims are 16.2%, 36.5%, and 47.3% respectively of the total V6 production. I would venture a guess that there is a number at which they would drop a trim level; say if 1SS falls below 7% of the V8 volume...

ONLY A GUESS PEOPLE...don't freak out.

Trim levels are not like paint. They won't just throw away a trim and offer the SS with leather only. Imagine what it would do for the market if all SS were 35K+. I know I wouldn't have bought one.
The problem with the 1SS IMO, is that it is more like what the LS is to the 2LT. Little to no options, leaves people either having to upgrade to a 2SS to get things they want(and don't). Or step down to a V6.

Maybe if they added more Options to the 1SS, we would see an increase in sales on that trim level.

CaniacFan 05-11-2010 07:53 PM

No surprise that black is the color winner. Was a little surprised RY and IOM were in the middle as they were definitely "the colors" at the Fest a couple weeks ago.

I'm a proud owner of a 2SS, I still smile (permagrin) every morning when I start it up in the garage for my daily commute. Just to hear that roar (bone stock-no mods) makes my day. I jam all the way to work listening to XM.

I couldn't afford it, but wanted the "loaded" model for it's 1st year back.

God, I love this car. Lori To each his or her own.

v6sonoma 05-11-2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G10 (Post 1837946)
This is bullshit... Why is Aqua Blue metalic so low... if that color were still available it would be selling like crazy.

It's sad. It's a great color. I was gonna get it but when I saw the IO interior I changed my mind and got IOM. I feel that if people could have seen it in person it would have done better, but sadly even when they announced it was going away the numbers didn't go up.

MyIBMssRS 05-11-2010 08:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leolee (Post 1838074)
i see what your saying but i see that a lot of guys on here want just the engine and nothing fancy, like no guages, no bluetooth, no leather, just an engine, body, a steering wheel and maybe... maybe.. maybe a radio lol :sm0:

Exactly. I hate leather, I don't need useless gauges and I've never used the bluetooth feature on my cellphone. So my 1SS was a great value.

Proud to be driving the 2nd lowest selling color on the second lowest selling model. :sm0::iono:

MyIBMssRS 05-11-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milk 1027 (Post 1839813)
Trim levels are not like paint. They won't just throw away a trim and offer the SS with leather only. Imagine what it would do for the market if all SS were 35K+. I know I wouldn't have bought one.
The problem with the 1SS IMO, is that it is more like what the LS is to the 2LT. Little to no options, leaves people either having to upgrade to a 2SS to get things they want(and don't). Or step down to a V6.

Maybe if they added more Options to the 1SS, we would see an increase in sales on that trim level.

Or maybe if car companies let people option cars a la carte and not bunch together so many options that you force people to pay more for stuff they don't really want just to get 1 or 2 more features. :mad0260:

Milk 1027 05-11-2010 08:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
BTW
I'm proud of being one of 143 IBM 1SS/RS M6

Captain Awesome 05-11-2010 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Havok (Post 1838088)
I feel honored to be a IBMer.

IBM FTW!

Milk 1027 05-11-2010 08:37 PM

I can break it down even more. There are only 43 other cars identical to mine.

USAFJeeper 05-11-2010 08:40 PM

MY !SS IS AN EXTENSION OF MY MANHOOD! Oh wait, I have a 2lt... I feel so inferior at teh christmas tree. No wait I dont cause I get plenty of presents! HONKIN HONKIN!

JSC81 05-11-2010 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyIBMssRS (Post 1839875)
Exactly. I hate leather, I don't need useless gauges and I've never used the bluetooth feature on my cellphone. So my 1SS was a great value.

Proud to be driving the 2nd lowest selling color on the second lowest selling model. :sm0::iono:

I'm pretty happy with my 1SS IBM especially since I see how rare it is now. I wanted bluetooth but not so much everything else that came with the 2SS. I could care less about the gauges. I have a spot to put stuff while freeing up my cup holders for their intended purpose. The usb is meh imho. My wife has an ipod, but I go this route throw about 10CD's in MP format on one CD and bam there you go! Only thing I wanted was stereo controlls on the wheel. Since then I have installed them and saved a ton of money vs getting options I didnt want.

Edit: GM failed with how they laid out options I think.

corvette_dad 05-11-2010 08:49 PM

I am curious about manual vs. automatics:w00t:

Pa.5thgen 05-11-2010 08:55 PM

My 1SS purchase was based solely on never having another car with leather, traded in an 06 GTO with 4200 miles whos leather had shrunk so badly that it was blowing apart at the seams. Would have liked the better headlights but thats about the only thing that i liked from the other packages, except the console gauges which were easy enough to install.

Blade 05-11-2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milk 1027 (Post 1839813)
I honestly don't see the point in spending more money on stuff that I neither wanted nor needed. All I wanted was the V8, Why would I want to pay 3K extra for stuff that I really don't want or need.

Why would anyone? You are making assumptions, really bad ones at that.

I see what you are saying. But 51% of Camaro Owners opted for the 2SS and that is a huge statement against the 1SS made by the graph or sales numbers, NOT me. I read the graph and thats what I understood. When V8 purchasers had the option to go with the 1SS they ignored the model by a significant ratio and I think an assumption can be made there that most owners were thinkin "if I can spend money on a V8, then I can afford the extra 3K"

Parallel that to the 1LT vs 2LT numbers the graph clearly shows a closer competition and obviously just as many 1LT owners saw value in that model because of affordability and no need for the extra options. Hell thats why I went with that model.

I don't think any Camaro model is useless, but the graph clearly shows that consumers don't see almost as much value in a 1SS as a LS model. And those consumers aren't V6 owners they are fellow SS owners who opted for the 2SS model instead.

Stormyone 05-11-2010 09:13 PM

I wonder how many IOM 2SS's have the two tone interior.... when I saw that it was like icing on the cake.... I had to have it, so I bought it....

Blade 05-11-2010 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corvette_dad (Post 1840071)
I am curious about manual vs. automatics:w00t:

I am curious to see RS vs non-RS models too.