Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2012 Camaro5 Fest (III) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   C5FIII Car Show Winners Announced - Presented by Adam's Premium Car Care (UPDATED) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241495)

CWI 08-07-2012 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSX_Camaro (Post 5399142)
The car show was judged by the Central Indiana Camaro Club and the tent for registration was right next to the Chevy tent. It was announced a few times over the loud speakers. Registration was from 11:00 - 4:00. We actually took early and late registrations right up to the time we started to judge.

I fully understand how you guys feel though. We had to walk to EVERY car in the lot to see who was/wasn't in the show. We preferred to have a designated location, but that didn't happen.

Suggestion for next year. Put car show information in the goodie bags so that everyone gets the same information and location of registration.

Goodie bags? I didn't get one, don't even know what they contained. Then again I didn't get there till late Saturday. I had to work Friday night till 4 am Saturday morning. I did get some cool sig on the shock pillars though, so it's all good.
Took the $25 track tour at the Brickyard Sunday. Anyone that hasn't should, I scored some Jimmy Johnson rubber off the bricks from his victory burnout the week before. That would be an awesome starting point for the cruise sometime. Stage in the pits, make a lap and start the cruise. Next time C5F is in Indy?

TAG UR IT 08-07-2012 11:03 AM

4 Attachment(s)
^First, it was truly a pleasure to meet you. Just wish we had a few more to talk!

Goodie bags were handed out at the white trailer up at the front gate. They contained programs, pens, vendor cards, lanyards, etc.

Furthermore, I saw the awards that Adams had at their tent to give out for the car show. HOLY CRAP, are they SWEEEEET! I was so disappointed that everyone took off early. Sure, it rained. It dried up. It rained for another 5 min...and then it dried up again. But, we still had the track and could have run. The car show needed to be done. There was lots to do and people were heading out. How could we do the car show with all the folks leaving.

I suppose we saw no point in announcing awards when there were only 10% of the car show guys still there...and even less at 7pm when they were to be announced.

The only other way to get it done? Do it here. You guys are going to LOVE these awards though...and there were SO many awesome cars out there. LOVED them!

My personal fav which my award went to? FastFreddie. Oh LORD was it sweet! Great talking with you and AWESOME job on that paint! I think you said ShowStoppers did it, right? WOW!!!

Lemondrop 69 08-07-2012 02:04 PM

Well,it's hard to have a carshow one day and award the next!
I think drive thru judging would be great for a show like this,because
Everyone is so spread out,and doing different stuff!

KingofBattle 08-07-2012 02:19 PM

We were wanting to enter the car show but couldnt find where to sign up. We asked several people and nobody knew, not even the lady in the white trailer when you came in. Suggestion for next year maybe have a little signage and maybe someone to inform at least the lady taking our money as to where things are. Good concept, but from my wifes point of view, there wasnt much organization or communication.

I know some have said there were announcements on the loud speaker, but most of the time from where we were sitting, you couldnt hear what they were saying. Also, it seemed every time they were talking about something that wasnt about racing someone in the lot would rev up their car and drowned it out.

atma 08-07-2012 04:37 PM

when we saw the Indiana Camaro Club reps walking around, we asked them about the dash plaques. they said one would obtain them at the Chevy tent but registration was now closed. We were under the impression up to that point that simply having a Camaro in the lot meant you were being judged. Well, even though the times for the car show were printed in the program, no mention of registration was ever made. The announcements were unreliable because unless you happened to find yourself directly in front of a loudspeaker, they were unintelligible. At any rate, we went over to the Chevy tent to plead our case and they were as surprised as we were. At this point we surmised it was the Indiana crew's tent and we went over there. the woman that was manning it was more than helpful, let us register late and the judges, who had already passed long ago (we were on the very outer edge of the parking lot) two gentlemen walked all the way out there to score our cars. so despite some things that could've been done a li'l better, i felt like the gang went pretty far out of their way to make sure everyone was accommodated.

In the end, though, it really didn't matter because up until this point, my design theme has centered around keeping the car looking clean and classic. this means that all of my mods so far were manufactured by GM. so other than changing the color of a few things, my car is completely stock, but there was no stock category so I guess I apologize to those two gentlemen for makin' 'em walk all the way out there. haha.

lawdog 08-07-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atma (Post 5406902)
when we saw the Indiana Camaro Club reps walking around, we asked them about the dash plaques. they said one would obtain them at the Chevy tent but registration was now closed. We were under the impression up to that point that simply having a Camaro in the lot meant you were being judged. Well, even though the times for the car show were printed in the program, no mention of registration was ever made. The announcements were unreliable because unless you happened to find yourself directly in front of a loudspeaker, they were unintelligible. At any rate, we went over to the Chevy tent to plead our case and they were as surprised as we were. At this point we surmised it was the Indiana crew's tent and we went over there. the woman that was manning it was more than helpful, let us register late and the judges, who had already passed long ago (we were on the very outer edge of the parking lot) two gentlemen walked all the way out there to score our cars. so despite some things that could've been done a li'l better, i felt like the gang went pretty far out of their way to make sure everyone was accommodated.

In the end, though, it really didn't matter because up until this point, my design theme has centered around keeping the car looking clean and classic. this means that all of my mods so far were manufactured by GM. so other than changing the color of a few things, my car is completely stock, but there was no stock category so I guess I apologize to those two gentlemen for makin' 'em walk all the way out there. haha.

I sure hope that your partially incorrect in what you said. Car shows are not suppose to be about who has a 7000.00 supercharger. they are about cleanliness, creativity, uniqueness and did I say Cleanliness, paint shine, interior detail, engine detail, hoses, pulleys, frame and undercarriage detail ect. I have been to too many car shows to mention and have seen many different types of scoring techniques, none of which give the trophy to the guy with the most money in his or her car in performance mods. it doesn't work that way. I sure didn't travel out to Indianapolis for a National Camaro Car show for that. I enjoyed the fest a lot, I am concerned that we have not seen car show results as of yet, that is extremely unusual. I know, I go to car shows every weekend! The show was advertised and I knew it was between 4 30 and 6 30. I did think that was a bit odd, cause car shows usually go much longer then that. I didn't see any news about when to register but assumed to get my rear their early as usual. if you were judged you got a green dot so you knew you were judged and could relax and enjoy the other things the fest had to offer and stop polishing your car, LOL. I did appreciate that.
I think next year you could use a fallback position at the host hotel for in climate weather to announce winners and publish that in the booklet. just a thought. oh and I thought you may want to post a small sign in the host hotel and carryover hotel in the lobby with information. I assumed some things would be posted there each day. Could be a good way of communicating any changes in the program. just a thought. you guys did a great job, I know how hard it is to pull this off, I have run a lot of events for major car clubs and other organizations, it's not easy! I'm looking forward to next year.

FurySS 08-07-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atma (Post 5406902)
The announcements were unreliable because unless you happened to find yourself directly in front of a loudspeaker, they were unintelligible. At any rate, we went over to the Chevy tent to plead our case and they were as surprised as we were. At this point we surmised it was the Indiana crew's tent and we went over there. the woman that was manning it was more than helpful, let us register late and the judges, who had already passed long ago (we were on the very outer edge of the parking lot) two gentlemen walked all the way out there to score our cars. so despite some things that could've been done a li'l better, i felt like the gang went pretty far out of their way to make sure everyone was accommodated.

I was possibly one of those gentlemen - no need to apologize for being stock :thumbsup:. I was 1 of 4 - 2 person judging teams to do the show (we used a points system). I can tell you with certainty that we gave every car (stock, or radical custom) the same attention to judging. Nobody was automatically punished for being stock, and nobody got a perfect score for having endless $$ in the car ;). We do our own shows every year so we know what can be frustrating to people.

I really wish there was more than 1 award per class to be given out, but we had no control over that. I think there should at least be 1st,2nd,3rd & Best Engine, Paint, etc.. - maybe even Top 10 or 20 if there are enough cars. We should have had better signage for car show registration, that's understood. We would have liked the show on the oval or in a roped off area clearly designated. We had to walk all over that parking area and look at every car to see if it was registered. Just my thoughts, but as a club our feedback will go to the C5 staff to improve future events :drinking:

fastfreddie 08-07-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 5405108)
My personal fav which my award went to? FastFreddie. Oh LORD was it sweet! Great talking with you and AWESOME job on that paint! I think you said ShowStoppers did it, right? WOW!!!

Thanks TAG, I was certainly honored to get your award! It was a pleasure meeting you and talking about our cars. You remmembered correctly, Pete (Showstopper) did my paint. His work is among the best I've seen and I highly recommend him!

I also want to mention that most if not all of my parts came from vendors on this forum. I want to recognize and thank them for helping me get to where I am on this never ending project. I'm thinking that some Interior goodies are next!

2010ABM 08-07-2012 10:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 5405108)
^First, it was truly a pleasure to meet you. Just wish we had a few more to talk!

Goodie bags were handed out at the white trailer up at the front gate. They contained programs, pens, vendor cards, lanyards, etc.

Furthermore, I saw the awards that Adams had at their tent to give out for the car show. HOLY CRAP, are they SWEEEEET! I was so disappointed that everyone took off early. Sure, it rained. It dried up. It rained for another 5 min...and then it dried up again. But, we still had the track and could have run. The car show needed to be done. There was lots to do and people were heading out. How could we do the car show with all the folks leaving.

I suppose we saw no point in announcing awards when there were only 10% of the car show guys still there...and even less at 7pm when they were to be announced.

The only other way to get it done? Do it here. You guys are going to LOVE these awards though...and there were SO many awesome cars out there. LOVED them!

Here ya go Doug!

TAG UR IT 08-08-2012 12:35 AM

There is is! Thanks, Mike!

....one look at that Camaro and my looking was DONE. I KNEW which one I was picking!

Elykson 08-08-2012 12:55 AM

Nice looking Camaro. Pete was showing it to me when he was working on it. Congrats fastfreddie! Way to represent.

elainehod 08-08-2012 01:19 AM

Car show

My ZL1 got Michael Abbot's Moderator's Choice award, due to its great paint job, and I thank you so much Michael! I also go to a lot of car shows and this car has never come home empty. Yes, it is about cleanliness, and how everything is put together. I do agree that there should have been 1st through 3rd places for the classes, which were Best engine bay, Best interior, Best paint. Then there was Best 1st generation through 5th gen...this is a 1st place only award. All in all, it was a good show, but yes it could use some refining. A central location would be great. Also, if there were several teams of judges, how did these teams determine the winner when they only looked at different cars? was it strictly a point system? If so, what if what team was stricter on the points than another? I had a great time and look forward to the next. All in all...phenominal organization. Way to go!:thumbup:

MLL67RSSS 08-08-2012 07:10 AM

A few posts above yours:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010 Indy Pace (Post 5408342)
I was possibly one of those gentlemen - no need to apologize for being stock :thumbsup:. I was 1 of 4 - 2 person judging teams to do the show (we used a points system). I can tell you with certainty that we gave every car (stock, or radical custom) the same attention to judging. Nobody was automatically punished for being stock, and nobody got a perfect score for having endless $$ in the car ;). We do our own shows every year so we know what can be frustrating to people.

A points system is really the only way you can go for an event like this. Especially when you have highly modified cars with others more stock. That way you get the most impartial results. All cars start with the same points and then you deduct for any imperfections, something un-finished, an un-cleaned dirty area, etc. I begged off on the judging and spent most of Friday at our tent registering car show participants, I have too much trouble picking a winner! This is not the CICC's first go-around and we've put on some pretty big shows in the past, IndyY2k, Indy08 that had similarities with this event. I know some of you were here for Indy08. Never forget seeing Tag (Doug) crawl into the trunk of the black/white cammo'd protoype.

Quote:

Originally Posted by elainehod (Post 5409266)
Then there was Best 1st generation through 5th gen...this is a 1st place only award.

Well since I believe we only had one first gen entered, and no 4th gens entered you'd need to have more 1-4 gens entered to have more than one award for those. But 1st to 3rd 5th gen could have been done!

Normally if we (CICC) put on a show we do not enter/judge/award club cars because we feel it's a conflict, sometimes we'll have the participants pick their favorite club car. Ever been to a show when the president of the club putting it on wins Best of Show??? I have. That just ain't right.

Cincy10SSRS 08-08-2012 08:22 AM

fastfreddie,

Great looking car; congrats on the award. Where did you get your underhood bowtie? It looks very good and doesn't appear to be one of the $100+ metal ones.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1344396501