Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Who's tired of Z28 threads, lol? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51095)

radz28 11-07-2009 02:37 PM

Who's tired of Z28 threads, lol?

I don't know about you, but I'm about Z28'd out :facepalm: Getting no information sucks (can't blame anyone for that) but it seems like we're all getting sucked into repeatedly regurgitating the same, d@mn thing in all these polls. Of course I'm not going to say that I don't keep posting in these threads too, but I wonder how many of you are getting tired of reading the same posts in different threads?

Hey - pick an option and go on about why you are, or are not tired of it; call it blowing off steam, if you will. :laugh:

ShnOmac 11-07-2009 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz282003 (Post 1145581)
I don't know about you, but I'm about Z28'd out :facepalm: Getting no information sucks (can't blame anyone for that) but it seems like we're all getting sucked into repeatedly regurgitating the same, d@mn thing

:word:

As much as I hate to admit it Im getting burned out on it also.......

boxmonkeyracing 11-07-2009 02:54 PM

I'm burned out on the arguments over what engine should be in it, what other things should be in it, what price it would be with X engine. BUT I'll post in them.

part of the reason i wanted that dream Z thread to just be you go in tell what you want and why and no arguing as to why you want that. I just want people to express why they want that and it be done.

Number 3 11-07-2009 03:20 PM

I'm ok either way. It's fun to speculate. I just don't enjoy the "GM Fails if........." stuff. It will be what it will be when it will be. :D

ShnOmac 11-07-2009 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 1145692)
It will be what it will be when it will be. :D

If it be......

patriotpa 11-07-2009 03:26 PM

Whatever....

I'm happy with my SS.

radz28 11-07-2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing (Post 1145624)
I'm burned out on the arguments over what engine should be in it, what other things should be in it, what price it would be with X engine. BUT I'll post in them.

part of the reason i wanted that dream Z thread to just be you go in tell what you want and why and no arguing as to why you want that. I just want people to express why they want that and it be done.

You know, I enjoy reading how people rationalize what they want; I think it's very interesting. I often read things I hadn't even thought of. It's pretty cool.

We need something new to coo over :drool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by patriotpa (Post 1145708)
Whatever....

I'm happy with my SS.

:clap::clap::clap: All of you with SSs should be. I never mean to come off that I think it's a lesser car; you just can have a debate like this without something being better than the other. Heck, I might still end up with an SS; I'll just have to get a tatoo to match it too I guess :headbang:

ShnOmac 11-07-2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

I just don't enjoy the "GM Fails if........." stuff.

Mr. Wyndham 11-07-2009 04:08 PM

I like to hear the opinions of people on this....it's very interesting to hear the tone of the community on this subject, if you listen...very interesting, indeed.

What I don't like....is repetitive discussion...multiple threads on only slightly different topics...namely, the engine...

That said, I can't get upset over the Z/28....:D :D :D

boxmonkeyracing 11-07-2009 04:11 PM

what's an engine?

radz28 11-07-2009 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 1145810)
I like to hear the opinions of people on this....it's very interesting to hear the tone of the community on this subject, if you listen...very interesting, indeed.

What I don't like....is repetitive discussion...multiple threads on only slightly different topics...namely, the engine...

That said, I can't get upset over the Z/28....:D :D :D

The biggest thing I'd appreciate from GM at this point would just be confirmation of Z28 and that the design is final. Then, I don't feel compelled to repeatedly state my opinions, ya' know? I can't really say why I feel that way except I feel compelled to make the voice for people who are thinking like me I guess. :iono::help:

radz28 11-07-2009 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing (Post 1145821)
what's an engine?

The heart and soul of the car :D:burnrubber:

boxmonkeyracing 11-07-2009 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz282003 (Post 1145824)
The heart and soul of the car :D:burnrubber:

isn't that what makes a car what it is?

radz28 11-07-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing (Post 1145840)
isn't that what makes a car what it is?

I'd agree with that. Perhaps, that's why I feel like smaller engines don't really fit it. Back in the day, a person could order up to 427 ci; the largest engine in the GM line-up and the most powerful. I guess that's why I default to that feeling now. I don't think I'm quite forward-thinking enough to accept a significantly smaller engine in Z28; that may be my biggest hang-up. :iono::help:

boxmonkeyracing 11-07-2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz282003 (Post 1145856)
I'd agree with that. Perhaps, that's why I feel like smaller engines don't really fit it. Back in the day, a person could order up to 427 ci; the largest engine in the GM line-up and the most powerful. I guess that's why I default to that feeling now. I don't think I'm quite forward-thinking enough to accept a significantly smaller engine in Z28; that may be my biggest hang-up. :iono::help:

but a DI engine might be a smaller DI engine but still an 8 count

radz28 11-07-2009 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing (Post 1145863)
but a DI engine might be a smaller DI engine but still an 8 count

I didn't want to say I was talking about any ideas of a TI-4 or even a TTV-6; sorry. Yeah - I'm not going to beesh too much about a smaller DI V8; let's not make it smaller than a 5-liter though :thumbsup:

boxmonkeyracing 11-07-2009 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz282003 (Post 1146011)
I didn't want to say I was talking about any ideas of a TI-4 or even a TTV-6; sorry. Yeah - I'm not going to beesh too much about a smaller DI V8; let's not make it smaller than a 5-liter though :thumbsup:

5.7L? lol.

radz28 11-07-2009 05:50 PM

Okay, not smaller than a 4.9L (i.e. 302 ci). 5.7L sounds plenty good to me. LT-1, LT-1, LS1, LS6; shoot; can't go wrong with that one :D

2cnd chance 11-07-2009 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShnOmac (Post 1145604)

As much as I hate to admit it Im getting burned out on it also.......

I am as well, however I believe GM pays attention to us (we are a huge targeted audience for free(GM should be back flipping over us)) and for this reason I will continue to both post an start threads.:thumbsup:

Any comments Number 3?:D

radz28 11-07-2009 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2cnd chance (Post 1146063)
I am as well, however I believe GM pays attention to us (we are a huge targeted audience for free(GM should be back flipping over us)) and for this reason I will continue to both post an start threads.:thumbsup:

That is my thinking and exactly why I'm doing the same. Hey - there's nothing wrong with discussion on sharing of thoughts :thumbsup: :wave:

MikesZ 11-07-2009 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2cnd chance (Post 1146063)

Amen to that! And I'll add that a DI 4.9L with a handling package would work just fine for me. LOL, I post alot about the "Z" but a lot has changed since I was a younger man buying my Z-28 in 1984...like the high price of the cars...I'll be lucky to eventually get a 1SS, add a CAI, an exhaust swap, and add Pedders suspension parts.

...unless GM gives me a cheaper 1LE option. Sorry, I just had to say it again! :facepalm:

Legend 11-08-2009 12:33 AM

I only tire from the posts when the people who post the most don't even own a Camaro yet...much less actaully want/buy a Z/28!

I have my car, supercharger and a few other goodies...there is little if any chance I could buy a Z/28...there is little chance most on this site who have a Camaro already would/could trade it/up for a Z/28.

I guess my point is...while there is a lot of talk here about the Z/28, I honestly wonder how many people here, on Camaro5, would actually buy one, could afford one, or would trade their current Camaro for one? Not many I don't think...it's like asking a kid what do you want in your chocolate...you're going to get answers, but not alot of eaters!

I hope it does eventually come out...I think heritage wise it's a good move. But, stick to the heritage of the Z/28 and make it an all around track type car. The SS is, was and always will be the higher hp of the two...the fastest in a straight line as well.

My opinion...bash away!

Revo1 11-08-2009 01:17 AM

Show me the thread with production photos!!! :happyanim:

ShnOmac 11-08-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legend (Post 1147338)
I only tire from the posts when the people who post the most don't even own a Camaro yet

:rolleyes:

Nobody here has a 5th Gen Z/28.... So should we not talk about it?

The_Blur 11-08-2009 01:15 PM

I selected all of the poll options because I do feel that there are plenty of threads for this sort of discussion and new ones should stop but I feel that they are useful for expressing Camaro5's collective interest in a particular product. I also feel that the idea of a Z28 is so specific that Z[insert performance badge] may be a better description when considering the high-performance history of the Camaro ZL1 as well as the race-inspired Z28.

This site has thousands of threads. If you don't like Z28 discussions, talk about something else. If you do want to talk about the Z28, use the search because there is likely an existing thread to discuss your thoughts. If you don't know what a Z28 is, please go away.

2cnd chance 11-08-2009 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShnOmac (Post 1147976)
:rolleyes:

Nobody here has a 5th Gen Z/28.... So should we not talk about it?

I'm with you!

If your contemplating go away? WTH!:facepalm:

2cnd chance 11-08-2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 1148094)
I selected all of the poll options because I do feel that there are plenty of threads for this sort of discussion and new ones should stop but I feel that they are useful for expressing Camaro5's collective interest in a particular product. I also feel that the idea of a Z28 is so specific that Z[insert performance badge] may be a better description when considering the high-performance history of the Camaro ZL1 as well as the race-inspired Z28.

This site has thousands of threads. If you don't like Z28 discussions, talk about something else. If you do want to talk about the Z28, use the search because there is likely an existing thread to discuss your thoughts. If you don't know what a Z28 is, please go away.

Many Threads & Polls evolve with new information. However, some have posted Polls that are very much like existing Polls. :iono:

DGthe3 11-09-2009 04:43 PM

I voted yes and no. I want it to stop ... but I'll voice my opinion anyway. lol.

Honestly though, doesn't it take you back to the good 'ole days of the site? Where there was nothing but speculation? And we couldn't agree on which car would have the most performance so we went with "base V8" and "top dog" in place of "SS" and "Z28"

good times

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2cnd chance (Post 1148829)
Many Threads & Polls evolve with new information. However, some have posted Polls that are very much like existing Polls. :iono:

perhaps we should create a poll, asking if people like responding to new polls regarding the Z28

CamaroSpike23 11-12-2009 06:24 AM

I refuse to vote in polls regarding the Z28

CamaroFemme 11-12-2009 09:14 AM

No disrespect, but...this is the Z28 forum. There are going to be Z28 threads in...the Z28 forum. :iono:

I'll be paying for my SS for the next 5 years and 10 months, and probably keeping it 15 years or so because I loovvee it, so no, I won't be buying a Z anyway.:D

radz28 11-12-2009 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 1163276)
I refuse to vote in polls regarding the Z28

Party pooper :D

CamaroSpike23 11-12-2009 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz282003 (Post 1163671)
Party pooper :D

lol... the polls are skewed anyway

anthonybyram 11-12-2009 10:10 AM

With todays philosophy, greener is better-higher mileage-lower emissions, etc. I personally think that we are just lucky to even get the Camaro SS back. It would be great to see the Z28 make a comeback to give the Mustang Shelby GT 500 some competition, but lets get serious for a minute, it would be a low volume car, with todays eye on fuel economy, and less on performance its going to be a hard sell not to the enthusiasts but to corp wheels at the top. With the government bail-out, the performance car days are numbered. I personally would love to see Chevy bring back the Legend, will they? Time will tell..........maybe 2012? We will see.

boxmonkeyracing 11-12-2009 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anthonybyram (Post 1163929)
With todays philosophy, greener is better-higher mileage-lower emissions, etc. I personally think that we are just lucky to even get the Camaro SS back. It would be great to see the Z28 make a comeback to give the Mustang Shelby GT 500 some competition, but lets get serious for a minute, it would be a low volume car, with todays eye on fuel economy, and less on performance its going to be a hard sell not to the enthusiasts but to corp wheels at the top. With the government bail-out, the performance car days are numbered. I personally would love to see Chevy bring back the Legend, will they? Time will tell..........maybe 2012? We will see.

question. the GT500 is an enthusiast car. and why wouldn't GM build what sells? a Z28 although be low volume would sell. no doubt. and with a decent profit margin would make them money. that's really all the government wants, M O N E Y.

Mr. Wyndham 11-12-2009 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing (Post 1164886)
question. the GT500 is an enthusiast car. and why wouldn't GM build what sells? a Z28 although be low volume would sell. no doubt. and with a decent profit margin would make them money. that's really all the government wants, M O N E Y.

Plus, the gov't does not say which cars can and cannot be built. With the advent of the Volt, and Cruze, etc to balance the CAFE equation...performance is SAFE....S.A.F.E.

Secondly, the gov't folks' favorite car upon inspection of the fleet was the CTS-V...worry not, my friends. :)

KILLER74Z28 11-13-2009 09:11 AM

Quote:

I'm ok either way. It's fun to speculate. I just don't enjoy the "GM Fails if........." stuff. It will be what it will be when it will be. :D

and it will be fast... :D

coolman 11-13-2009 09:21 AM

I tired of speculation. I just want to here facts. One day someone post "this is the new z/28" and five minutes later someone post" no this is". I'll only give it a look any more when the thread reads " official word from gm on the z/28". I just want to know if, when, and how much. That's it.

DGthe3 11-13-2009 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolman (Post 1167881)
I tired of speculation. I just want to here facts. One day someone post "this is the new z/28" and five minutes later someone post" no this is". I'll only give it a look any more when the thread reads " official word from gm on the z/28". I just want to know if, when, and how much. That's it.

well in that case:
yes, in a while, more than an SS

D1BADZ 11-13-2009 10:59 AM

Whos tired, of the whose tired of Z28 threads.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CamaroSpike23 11-13-2009 11:15 AM

Zed twenty eight..... that is all