Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Twin Screw supercharger or no?? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25413)

ironpeddler 06-02-2009 02:17 PM

Twin Screw supercharger or no??

Just finished reading the thread on the Techno superchargers, which brings up an important question...which supercharger would you guys recommend?? A twin screw one like the one from Techno or a regular like the Magnuson that Ligenfelter uses? I am not familiar at all with superchargers, so any other information would be much appreciated :thumbup:

alex33x 06-02-2009 02:46 PM

A turbo and a supercharger are completelely different things,a twinscrew is a supercharger though.

radz28 06-02-2009 02:53 PM

It seems a lot of people will point to the screws as offering the most power gains as opposed to roots, but it is becoming very apparent the newer hybrid-roots (i.e. TVS Magnuson being one) are closing the gap, maybe almost shut. I'd suggest, if you haven't already, reading the Lingenfelter, Hennessey, and Magnusun blower threads in this section. Brian, who works for Magnuson, has provided a lot of information regarding some indirect comparisons between these new hybrids and the screws. For me, at this point, I can't see any problem going with a 2300 from Magnuson. 530 RWHP on an LS3 through mostly OEM exhaust and some tuning at like 6 psi of boost, and after LTs and something like 10 psi, getting 600 RWHP just means these things are pretty hot. They have had a great track record for the OEMs (which is speaking toward their reliability) and I think supercharger wars are just getting interesting :D

JMVHO. Do the searching ;)

Crowley 06-02-2009 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz282003 (Post 543897)
It seems a lot of people will point to the screws as offering the most power gains as opposed to roots, but it is becoming very apparent the newer hybrid-roots (i.e. TVS Magnuson being one) are closing the gap, maybe almost shut. I'd suggest, if you haven't already, reading the Lingenfelter, Hennessey, and Magnusun blower threads in this section. Brian, who works for Magnuson, has provided a lot of information regarding some indirect comparisons between these new hybrids and the screws. For me, at this point, I can't see any problem going with a 2300 from Magnuson. 530 RWHP on an LS3 through mostly OEM exhaust and some tuning at like 6 psi of boost, and after LTs and something like 10 psi, getting 600 RWHP just means these things are pretty hot. They have had a great track record for the OEMs (which is speaking toward their reliability) and I think supercharger wars are just getting interesting :D

JMVHO. Do the searching ;)

Well said and I approve this message :)

Crowley

kdoske 06-02-2009 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowley (Post 544060)
Well said and I approve this message :)

Crowley

:clap: