Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Top Tuners Await New Camaro -- Hennessey Camaro? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3719)

Silverado 04-15-2008 08:37 AM

Top Tuners Await New Camaro -- Hennessey Camaro?

John Hennessey Expands His Toy Chest

SEALY, Texas — Although Hennessey Performance Engineering may be best known for its extreme Vipers, owner John Hennessey and his crew haven't limited their scope to Detroit iron, tuning Fords, BMWs, even Bugattis.

Now the Texas tuner is expanding its sights once again, and Lexus may be in the crosshairs.

In an interview with Inside Line, John Hennessey dropped some broad hints as to his next project: "We have a new IS-F coming in next week. Our plan with that car is to test some headers, exhaust and air induction items first. Then maybe a blower."

Also high on his list of tuning prospects are such current and near-future performance vehicles as the Cadillac CTS-V, the Chevrolet Camaro, the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 and the Nissan GT-R. The ZR1, with its supercharged LS9 6.2-liter V8, holds significant promise, Hennessey believes, with the potential to deliver 700-plus horsepower.

In the face of escalating fuel prices and environmental concern, how much longer will there be a market for ultra-exotic performance cars like these?

Says Hennessey: "We'll ride the wave as long as we can.... We won't see these cars forever."

What this means to you: As new breeds of high-performance cars hit the market, Hennessey remains at the forefront of those who will make them even faster. — Scott Vandekerckhove, Correspondent

Get 'em While They're HOT Folks! :wave:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=125561

UPDATED with camaro5's post.

Camaro_Corvette 04-15-2008 08:52 AM

hmmmmm.......

radz28 04-15-2008 09:04 AM

If I had the $$$, I'd way give my Camaro to John than Steve. I'd still prefer Lingenfelter before just about anyone, however, this is a pretty cool find. It sounds like we're going to have a lot of vendors to consider for parts, like catbacks, headers, intakes, etc.

Nice find :D

Fandango 04-15-2008 09:44 AM

I'm gonna play Devil's advocate....

I've always been a fan of Steve and hs S7. I respect that fact he builds custom Mustangs, though I'm not a fan of his mustangs, but I hear he's pulling out of doing that. I know most of you guys hate him, but rumors keep circulating that he's gonna get some sort of GM deal. A very reputable source has hinted to that. As for Hennessy, doesn't he build custom Dodge Vipers?

There a lot to digest here. As much as I love Steve, I don't think I would want anything other than Camaro on my car. Just wouldn't feel right.

As

radz28 04-15-2008 09:51 AM

I believe Hennessey cut his teeth on Vipers, or at least has been since they've come out. I believe he's worked on Camaros before too because I swear I have an aritcle on a 4th Gen. LT1 tuner shootout that included Hennessey too.

I don't hate Saleen for what had been posted but I'm just put-off by it. If that's how he really feels then he can keep his Mustang or whatever else he wants to play with.

DGthe3 04-15-2008 10:33 AM

I wouldn't mind him upgrading it. But I don't want 10 different companies cooperating with GM and making authorized special Camaros. 1 or 2 is all that there should be.

I think it would be really cool if Hennessey were to build the Venom GT. That car is a freakin monster. 1000 hp, 2700 lbs.

GothamCamaro 04-15-2008 10:53 AM

Interesting to see what Hennessey does for the Camaro.
And yup, still hate Saleen, that dumb ass. :fighting0030:

radz28 04-15-2008 11:16 AM

I think it would be better for GMMG, Berger, or SLP to work with GM since there's a long-time relationship with all of them. I agree; I think GM should only stay with a very few.

balonywolf 04-15-2008 11:51 AM

Chevy will be hard pressed to embrace the tuners without bastardizing the Camaro like Ford has done with the Mustang. I think the best way to do that is by making third party editions very limited production runs (so many cars per year for so many years, and then absolutely no more after).

TAG UR IT 04-15-2008 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz282003 (Post 62405)
I think it would be better for GMMG, Berger, or SLP to work with GM since there's a long-time relationship with all of them. I agree; I think GM should only stay with a very few.

:word:

Jeff 04-15-2008 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGthe3 (Post 62398)
I wouldn't mind him upgrading it. But I don't want 10 different companies cooperating with GM and making authorized special Camaros. 1 or 2 is all that there should be.

I think it would be really cool if Hennessey were to build the Venom GT. That car is a freakin monster. 1000 hp, 2700 lbs.

I agree, maybe Roush and Hennessey could make a modified version of the Camaro.. but no more.. We don't need the Camaro to turn similar to the Mustang with like 10+ different V8 versions..

Elkyboy64 04-15-2008 01:33 PM

I say it leave it with the groups that have always kind of focused on GM, Lingenfelter and SLP. Roush, Hennessy, Saleen, all great in their own way, but none have ever been GM focused.

unkbd 04-17-2008 02:48 AM

I say no to the "special editions". The mustang has so many now that no one know which is which without close examination. Now, everytime another one comes out it is just ho-hum, they did it again. Keep the Camaro pure and undiluted!

Although, I would like to see what Foose would do with one.

Sterling 04-17-2008 05:12 AM

I'd never take my Camaro to Hennessey after reading this thread:
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/gen...tml#post249596:readthethread: