Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Number 3 Capture Test Fleet Camaro in California (photos) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10963)

SoFlaZ 12-26-2008 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 225788)
The car is a 1LT with some key options. Bluetooth and PDIM are great features. Leather wheel and shifter.

I'm really sleepy and can't think of what it means, but what is PDIM?

UCF w00t 12-27-2008 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoFlaZ (Post 226273)
I'm really sleepy and can't think of what it means, but what is PDIM?

previous thread

OUR72GTO 12-27-2008 12:19 AM

I think the Rally Sport items stay close to the 1st gen options that made the RS different than the SS. Soon as I heard there would be an RS I knew I would order it. I love the Mohawk, but will give it up so the wife can have her sun roof. If it had less headroom because of a sunroof then no sun roof but c'est la vie.:popcorn:

Number 3 12-27-2008 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF w00t (Post 226279)

It enables you to plug your ipod/iphone/mp3 player in using a USB port so that your radio displays what is on the device and further allows you to use your radio controls including the steering wheel controls to control the device. So you can select from your songs, artists, playlists as you've stored them simply by using the cars controls. Much nicer than just playing music on the device and using the device itself to control what is playing. I believe it will also work if you simply store music on a USB memory stick. Pretty cool. The USB jack is in the center console.

TAG UR IT 12-27-2008 03:13 AM

^Number 3, I can't thank you enough for sharing your excitement and experience covering your test fleet Camaro with us.

You say the veh has bluetooth, right? How well does the stereo pick up your voice to the people you are calling? In other words, can the people on the other end of the line pick up your voice well? Do they ask, "what did you say?" repeatedly?...or, was it fairly clear? And, can you turn up their speaking volume by using the stereo to fairly high level?

I have had a few bluetooth devices, but none integrated into the car itself. Just curious to know what I'll be getting!

and thanks again! You are truly appreciated!!!

super60 12-27-2008 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 226011)
I doubt you could offend me. Sharing my excitement about this car with a dedicated group of people already passionate about it isn't really hard.

I am not an expert on this car, although I have worked with and met many of the people at that have worked so hard on it. The Product Manager at Chevy is a dear friend of my wife's and we stopped in Phoenix so she could see the car with her parents. My wife worked with fbodfather and we know his passion for this car. I've worked with and met many of the people at Holden as well. I've been excited about this car as an employee as long as you have been as enthusiasts. It is another step in the great products that GM will be bringing out over the next few years. I told some key people over a year ago that if they would just get me one of these early cars, I'd drive it to California and put as many miles as possible on it as I could.

So your excitement is wonderful, but my kicks also come from watching the drivers of Toyotas and Hondas nod and give thumbs up. The guy in the Hyundai Tiburon with his lady friend in the passenger seat taking flash photos at night for 1/2 an hour. Those are the reactions that let me know how special this car is.

So you can ask questions all you want. There are some I can't answer because I don't know, some I can't answer as a GM employee and the ones I can.....well just know that they are my opinion from driving the car.

For me, your excitement is what makes my job really satisfying. The paycheck helps, but I really love your passion and excitement for this car.

Number 3

Great to hear from you and see the positive comments. I work in the Camaro flex plant in Oshawa and we're really excited to finally see the new 5thGen on the road , plus all of the great feedback from ordinary folks who have had the opportunity to witness you and Heather on your travels. Keep up the great job your doing and enjoy the ride. Go GM , Go Camaro

Geno 12-27-2008 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebra (Post 226201)
both... after seeing Heather's, Number 3's, & the test track display cars (on top of the few we've already seen), i feel lots better about not getting the RS package

ME TOOO!!! Ithink I even like the rear without the spoiler better as well.
NOW, If I could only get a short, sweet answer on the standard headlights.
How good are they and what bulb are they using?????

TampaBayCamaro 12-27-2008 09:41 AM

Thanks Number3 for sharing the pics! :thumbsup:

Number 3 12-27-2008 10:02 AM

Headlamps.....I don't know the bulb it takes, but we have spent a lot of hours driving at night and all I can say is for me they are more than sufficient. With the optional driving lights (fog lamps) on, you are fairly well lit. However, with that said, I haven't driven a car in the desert at night (really dark out) at the posted 75 MPH Speed limit ; ) with the optional lamps to be able to tell you if they are better or how much better. Sorry, but all I can say is I never had a concern with the base lamps.

UCF w00t 12-27-2008 10:08 AM

Thanks! What's your thoughts on the cloth? I've got a 1SS on order but can't decide if I want to make the jump to the 2SS. The other features are nice but the only thing I really want is the leather but if the cloth is solid, I might stick with the 1SS.

Number 3 12-27-2008 10:23 AM

Bluetooth seems to work fine. I was able to arrange the partnership with my iphone very quickly. My only other bluetooth car experience was a Cadillac STS and this seemed to be on par or better than that as far as use. Have made only a few calls without concern. But not being on the other end of the call or having an A - B with bluetooth and without, it's tough to say if it would meet your needs. While in the car, though from our end we could hear the person we called just fine at highway speeds.

Number 3 12-27-2008 10:28 AM

The black/black cloth interior is fine. I recommend the leather wrapped wheel and shifter, though. But I haven't driven a leather interior car so I can't A - B for you. But the cloth seats are NOT lacking in comfort at all. Power driver seat provides plenty of adjustment. I think it looks good.

Geno 12-27-2008 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 226392)
Headlamps.....I don't know the bulb it takes, but we have spent a lot of hours driving at night and all I can say is for me they are more than sufficient. With the optional driving lights (fog lamps) on, you are fairly well lit. However, with that said, I haven't driven a car in the desert at night (really dark out) at the posted 75 MPH Speed limit ; ) with the optional lamps to be able to tell you if they are better or how much better. Sorry, but all I can say is I never had a concern with the base lamps.

Thanks for the info #3. Since there are no deserts in No Indiana we will be fine. LOL Big worry here is way too many deer!
I have always been very happy with my '06 Monte Carlo but, both high and low burned on high a big improvement from my '00 Monte when only one burned at a time. :) Thanks PS Bulb number should be in the manual in glove box.

Geno 12-27-2008 03:26 PM

New question for you #3. Over on Heather's site, there is a picture of an air pump, guess it's in the trunk. I ask there but perhaps you know as well. Is this a 12V pump and not goop and canned air like originally planned??? Would sure be nicer and is there hose long enough to reach all tires or do you take it out and plug it into an interior power outlet?????
I have not een this excited about a new car in years!!!!!!

bob2the2nd 12-27-2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geno (Post 226555)
New question for you #3. Over on Heather's site, there is a picture of an air pump, guess it's in the trunk. I ask there but perhaps you know as well. Is this a 12V pump and not goop and canned air like originally planned??? Would sure be nicer and is there hose long enough to reach all tires or do you take it out and plug it into an interior power outlet?????
I have not een this excited about a new car in years!!!!!!

i was wondering the same thing. My dad had looked at a bonneville like 10ish years ago and it had an air pump in it which i had a cord long enough that it could reach all of the tiresand I would be shocked if they had a pump in there that couldnt reach all of the tires. Truthfully i would much rather have that than a canned air with goop in it, I carry one around with me at all times anyway

Max Power 12-27-2008 05:25 PM

I wish you were still in Palm Springs! I live near where you took those pics.

UCF w00t 12-27-2008 06:06 PM

Any chance you could post some pics of the black/black interior? I don't think we've seen any pics of that and I'd especially like to see it since that's what I have on order.

Thanks!!!

Number 3 12-27-2008 06:09 PM

I am still in Palm Springs....at least for tonight. Heading back east tomorrow, Sunday morning.

Number 3 12-27-2008 07:56 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Ok, here are some interior shots of the black 1LT Cloth with Leather Wheel and Shifter. Sorry, it may not be the cleanest for photos.

Max Power 12-27-2008 08:07 PM

Where at?????? I would love to see the car out of its cage!

Number 3 12-27-2008 08:10 PM

Max Power, I'm up in Desert Hot Springs. About 10 miles from I-10.

WCoolBreeze 12-27-2008 08:44 PM

Thank You so Very Much Number 3. With what I see in the last set of pictures you have posted I am going to leave my order as is and I am very happy with the way the sunroof cover looks (nearly the same as my Magnum R/T). Thanks Again.

Walt B.

stovt001 12-27-2008 08:45 PM

Thanks a ton #3. Your updates along with Heather's had me convinced that saving money by not ordering the RS package would be great, but then my wife loved the look of the RS package, so I guess it is still a tossup. I am convinced the cloth is definitely the way to go, and you almost have me going for the V6 (but I know I'll kick myself if I don't go for the SS). I'm certain this is the car for me and I'm doing everything I can to get it as soon as possible. Student loans and lousy trade in values are killing me.

OUR72GTO 12-27-2008 08:50 PM

Thanks a lot!!!! Finally some shots of the sunroof from the inside. Thanks for the great pictures no one else has taken.:wave::chevy:

kalel 12-27-2008 08:51 PM

I would have to say that is quite a picture with the palm tree centered in the sun roof. That couldn't have been by accident. Thanks for your info.