Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   1st & 2nd Generation Camaros (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   21 Years Later She's Free.... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288421)

TwistedEnergy 04-10-2013 09:58 AM

21 Years Later She's Free....

7 Attachment(s)
(EDIT: Using this thread to post pictures of the entire restoration process, most pictures of the process start on page 2)

The pictures speak for themselves .... Its currently sitting with The Autodream Group in Niagara Falls, Ont. Hoping to get her back before the summer is over (this is my dad's first car and is having it restored)....

(Forgot to take a picture of the engine bay :doh:, will have to get one when we go for the estimate)

Attachment 496012

Attachment 496015

Attachment 496014

Attachment 496013

Front wheels broke loose, back wheels wouldn't budge an inch, dragging the entire way out.

Attachment 496016

No idea why the console faded, thing didn't see sun for literally 21 years.

Attachment 496017

Attachment 496018

HDRDTD 04-10-2013 10:02 AM

Is this your garage it's been sitting in all these years or is this something you found and bout that someone else had sitting in their garage?

dkp2LT 04-10-2013 10:03 AM

So you pulled all that crap out of the garage? How did all that fit in there??? Looks like it all would have fit like one of those puzzles where you have to get all the pieces together to make a cube. :)

What all are you having done? Personally loved that gen when I was a teenager.

TwistedEnergy 04-10-2013 10:16 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by HDRDTD (Post 6406684)
Is this your garage it's been sitting in all these years or is this something you found and bout that someone else had sitting in their garage?

Yup, well my parents house so their garage. It's my dads car. He stuck it in there in 92 and never touched it since. Didn't want to get rid of it basically because it is a 1981 (last model year) and lots of attachment to it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkp2LT (Post 6406687)
So you pulled all that crap out of the garage? How did all that fit in there??? Looks like it all would have fit like one of those puzzles where you have to get all the pieces together to make a cube. :)

What all are you having done? Personally loved that gen when I was a teenager.

My dad wants a full restoration back to stock with minor changes such as A/C, possible 4-speed and more horsepower (easily achievable with the 350)

Got up an hour before the tow truck showed up and cleared it out. I didn't even think to take a picture before I started :doh::doh:...I do have these pictures though, can kind of get an idea of what it was like....It did fit exactly like that, piled on top and all around it.

Attachment 496036

Attachment 496037

Attachment 496038

Del's12SS 04-10-2013 10:21 AM

Very Cool, looking forward to updates.

Tyler360 04-10-2013 10:22 AM

The interior appears to be in really nice condition ;) Can't wait to see it when everything is all done!

TwistedEnergy 04-10-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler360 (Post 6406756)
The interior appears to be in really nice condition ;) Can't wait to see it when everything is all done!

Ya other then it being a little sticky, I guess vinyl does that over time, the interior is really good. With a good cleaning should be brand new.

I will update this thread as it gets restored and eventually have the final product back home, were pretty excited to see it all come together.

Warpaint69 04-10-2013 10:30 AM

Very cool. That car is my vintage. Thanks for sharing. :popcorn:

PYROLYSIS 04-10-2013 10:38 AM

Very cool. Subscribed. I love the late 2nd gens. So is the color a bluish silver?

TwistedEnergy 04-10-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS (Post 6406829)
Very cool. Subscribed. I love the late 2nd gens. So is the color a bluish silver?

Nope, just silver, all the dust on it I guess made the camera pick up the color like that. Once complete it will either be the same color or canary yellow, my dad is still deciding.

Warpaint69 04-10-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedEnergy (Post 6406851)
Nope, just silver, all the dust on it I guess made the camera pick up the color like that. Once complete it will either be the same color or canary yellow, my dad is still deciding.

My uncle just painted 79 Camaro for a customer Canary yellow. Looked pretty nice. I like black with the orange Z graphics.

TwistedEnergy 04-10-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warpaint69 (Post 6406854)
My uncle just painted 79 Camaro for a customer Canary yellow. Looked pretty nice. I like black with the orange Z graphics.

Black was another color thrown out there. but there is lots of time to make a decision. Only problem is if he decides to go with yellow the interior will probably have to change. Yellow and red not to sure about that.

Warpaint69 04-10-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedEnergy (Post 6406867)
Black was another color thrown out there. but there is lots of time to make a decision. Only problem is if he decides to go with yellow the interior will probably have to change. Yellow and red not to sure about that.

I've seen a Red with Red Interior and I really liked it, but I'm also biased because I'm a red fan. :lol:

DRKS1D3 04-10-2013 12:28 PM

Everybody is different, I get that. :thumbsup: For the life of me though, I can't grasp the concept of having a garage and instead of parking a vehicle(s) in it, someone chooses to stack junk to the ceiling in it, thus rendering it useless. In this case, the person stuck a car in one for 21 years and piled junk to the ceiling ON TOP OF THE CAR. :frown: Good luck with the restoration. :)