Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Sports Lounge (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   DALE JR ON POLE FOR SUNDAY - 3/7 RACE AT ATLANTA MOTOR SPEEDWAY!!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69327)

"prima"Donna 03-05-2010 11:21 PM

DALE JR ON POLE FOR SUNDAY - 3/7 RACE AT ATLANTA MOTOR SPEEDWAY!!!

While 'my guy' is the #24 car of Jeff Gordon, I do love Dale Jr and wish him well...:thumbsup:

He's had a rough few years and the amount of pressure put on this young man to 'fill his father's racing shoes' is more than most of us could handle...:confused0068:

However, Jr is a devoted race car driver and a gentleman and he deserves a chance, so I hope he makes the Chase this year...:rolleyes:

Go 88!!!!!!...:thumbup:

p.s. please don't let this thread become a 'Dale Jr bashing session'... ;)

CatiaJockey 03-06-2010 06:29 AM

Awesome! Wishing him a great season also.

Angrybird 12 03-06-2010 07:07 AM

I am glad for him, but as I have always told people when Dale Sr would qualify badly (which was most of the time), It's easier to go fast for one lap than for 500 miles.... It's not where you start, but where you finish that really counts..
Good Luck Jr!!!

SRFnSNO 03-06-2010 07:11 AM

Just hope his car holds up.
Come on 88.:headbang:

JoeP@TeamBeckyD 03-06-2010 07:42 AM

AAAHHHH I'm so excited - I'm on my way to Atlanta now to see the
race. I"m a big Dale jr fan, I just think he is a down to earth, tell it like
it is kind of person. There's a huge responsibility of carring his fathers legacy

I'm stoked, this could be the one that puts him back in the winners circle and I could be there to see it!!!

As much as I want JR to win, let's all cheer for the bowtie boys!!:chevy:

bowtieguy#3 03-06-2010 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "prima"Donna (Post 1553783)
While 'my guy' is the #24 car of Jeff Gordon, I do love Dale Jr and wish him well...:thumbsup:

He's had a rough few years and the amount of pressure put on this young man to 'fill his father's racing shoes' is more than most of us could handle...:confused0068:

However, Jr is a devoted race car driver and a gentleman and he deserves a chance, so I hope he makes the Chase this year...:rolleyes:

Daytona proved to me that his driving skills are as good as ever, what they need to do is jell as a team and we would see some remarkable results

ljustin293 03-06-2010 08:54 AM

haha i bet he finishes outside the top 20

bigredbusa 03-06-2010 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljustin293 (Post 1554476)

Just remember, his average finish is 11.9 and has only finished that low 4 out of 21 races at Atlanta and ran the fastest qualifying lap at any track in a C.O.T.

Harvick on th other hand has finished 20.4 average, finished outside the top 20, 10 out of 18 times.

FANTA-Z 03-06-2010 10:21 AM

I think he is going to do much better this year. I am stoked :D He usually does well at Atlanta so hopefully at worst he will finish in the top 5 :)

"prima"Donna 03-06-2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatiaJockey (Post 1554227)
Awesome! Wishing him a great season also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyman 08 (Post 1554257)
I am glad for him, but as I have always told people when Dale Sr would qualify badly (which was most of the time), It's easier to go fast for one lap than for 500 miles.... It's not where you start, but where you finish that really counts..
Good Luck Jr!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet (Post 1554320)
AAAHHHH I'm so excited - I'm on my way to Atlanta now to see the
race. I"m a big Dale jr fan, I just think he is a down to earth, tell it like
it is kind of person. There's a huge responsibility of carrying his fathers legacy

I'm stoked, this could be the one that puts him back in the winners circle and I could be there to see it!!!

As much as I want JR to win, let's all cheer for the bowtie boys!!:chevy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowtieguy#3 (Post 1554452)
Daytona proved to me that his driving skills are as good as ever, what they need to do is jell as a team and we would see some remarkable results

Quote:

Originally Posted by FANTA-Z (Post 1554712)
I think he is going to do much better this year. I am stoked :D He usually does well at Atlanta so hopefully at worst he will finish in the top 5 :)

THANKS EVERYONE FOR ALL THE POSITIVE FEEDBACK AND GOOD WISHES FOR JR!!!...:drinking:

:thumbsup: Becky - Way 2 Go!!!!...maybe you will be Jr's 'good luck charm'!!!...make sure to take plenty of photos and post them here, and also in my NASCAR Social Group section of the forum...:D

Angrybird 12 03-07-2010 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljustin293 (Post 1554476)

WRONG!! After many tire problems he finished 15th, on the lead lap.
I want to thank Carl Edwards and Jamie McMurry for causing a couple accidents there at the last that took out several cars in front of him...

JoeP@TeamBeckyD 03-09-2010 07:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by "prima"Donna (Post 1553783)

Just some pics from Sunday...

JoeP@TeamBeckyD 03-09-2010 07:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
more....

JoeP@TeamBeckyD 03-09-2010 07:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
two more look at the airplane.....last is a crowd fav...