Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Track Weekend Review of RacingBrake 2 piece rotors (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294470)

L99CAMA2011 05-11-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc (Post 6529371)
Tell Warren "hi" for me. If his son Mike is still working there, say hi too. I worked with Mike many times while they were using my car to develop the rotors a few years ago. If you scroll to the bottom of the page on their website for the rotors, they're still using pics of my car. :)

http://www.racingbrake.com/CAMARO-SS...-11-p/2138.htm

All the RB team are absolutely first class. Great to work with and very professional.

If that was your car on there site then why are the front rims yellow and .........Oh wait a minute you have yellow wheels too :sm0:.

SPCBA 05-11-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 (Post 6531903)
Just wait till you get steel braided lines on that bad boy, let's say you better be wearing a seat belt or windshield here I come.

i have a six point harness and stainless steel brake lines

Bad@ssCamaro 05-12-2013 12:02 AM

I know what I'm doing for next years mods. :popcorn:

Apex Motorsports 05-12-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro (Post 6533560)
I know what I'm doing for next years mods. :popcorn:

:headbang: You and a few others based on my PM inbox.

SPCBA 05-12-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apex Chase (Post 6533974)
:headbang: You and a few others based on my PM inbox.

hahaha i hope to have your support with my quest for lightweight forged calipers as well. Please PM me your contact info and I will pass it on as proof of a vendor who can sell the new product. I will be there monday god willing ;)

Apex Motorsports 05-12-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPCBA (Post 6534419)
hahaha i hope to have your support with my quest for lightweight forged calipers as well. Please PM me your contact info and I will pass it on as proof of a vendor who can sell the new product. I will be there monday god willing ;)

All you should need to do is drop our name, we have been with Racing Brake for a few years now. They have all our info.

SPCBA 05-13-2013 09:11 AM

so as long as my VA appointment doesnt turn into a 4 hour nightmare (50-50 chance) I will squeeze in a trip to fullerton as long as the boss is at the office for racingbrake. if anyone has requests for photos of some of their products let me know.

i will be taking pics of a caliper thats the closets to ours they already have wih shots of the pistons etc. Get a best guesstimate of weight and other figures.

SPCBA 05-13-2013 12:45 PM

"Total weight of one caliper loaded with pads & adapters = 10.3 lbs.
Total weight of one OE caliper loaded with pads = 10.8 lbs" --RB

that another half a pound a corner plus upgraded pistons and much better heat management not to mention much stronger. no more dust boots to fry because the piston is machined correctly. 2 allen or hex bolts to remove and pad swap. they sent me pictures but i cant view on phone.

i will respond via email or phone shortly while waiting for doctor.

SPCBA 05-13-2013 02:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
pictures of the calipers in different colors...you can barely see the pistons in a couple of the calipers...no more dust boot because the piston is machined correctly and makes dust boot obsolete.

JusticePete 05-13-2013 02:37 PM

Did you ask about 6 pots?

SPCBA 05-13-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 6538748)
Did you ask about 6 pots?

shit I will ask if they can get 6 pistons on our rotor....i am pretty sure they can make one for the zl1/ctsv rotor size if they arent making it already

The Stig 05-13-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPCBA (Post 6538743)
pictures of the calipers in different colors...you can barely see the pistons in a couple of the calipers...no more dust boot because the piston is machined correctly and makes dust boot obsolete.

Soooo how do I get a set of these gorgeous calipers?

CHMSC 05-13-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPCBA (Post 6538779)
shit I will ask if they can get 6 pistons on our rotor....i am pretty sure they can make one for the zl1/ctsv rotor size if they arent making it already

EPIC :emoticon1:

Price?

SPCBA 05-13-2013 05:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are some Q&A re dust boots.

Q: Why do my caliper boots keep burning down on me after track events?

A: Because OE boots are not made for high heat environment so they can easily get melted under high temperature operation.

Q: Do I have to replace them?

A: Every component serves its purpose. The boot can shield the "heat" from getting into your brake system and ‘brake dust” to your pressure seals. Ignoring them can lead to more replacement in brake fluid, and down time in caliper rebuild.

Q: I heard some members suggested just leave it, by referring to most racing calipers don't even come with dust boots, is this a valid recommendation?

A: I can’t verify how true that is (racing calipers don't have dust boot) but keep in mind that those professional racers are racing for their sponsors, so they absolutely don’t have to care for the maintenance & replacement cost like you guys. It's also conceivable that those calipers are specifically made for racing purpose, by eliminating dust boot feature means cutting down the development cost and time.

Q: Is there a way to get around so the brake dust can be shielded but w/o having to watch out for replacement.

A: RB calipers are designed with “built-in” dust seal which eliminates the replacement headaches.

Q: How does your dust seal compare to OE dust boots for durability and installation.

A: Our dust seals literally never need replacement unlike boots type which requires constant replacements; installation is much easier than boots if ever needed.