Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   12201 arrived today (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26618)

PewterPhil 06-09-2009 05:55 PM

12201 arrived today

Just showed up at the dealer late this afternoon. Black stripes to be installed in the morning. Will pick it up at noon tomorrow. Going to look at it now.

Ground effects were not delivered with the car due to the problem that was reported by a couple of other folks here on the boards. Dealer is still waiting for an updated set to arrive for installation. Not going to keep me from taking it though. I will just leave it with them on a future Saturday for a couple of hours.

Other option would be to eliminate them altogether. I have had second thoughts about ground effects for a while now. Would save me some significant money also. Any thoughts?

I have my deal in writing so hoping the dealer sticks to this. Will know in a couple of hours. I will update soon. :happyanim:

WH 06-09-2009 05:58 PM

From the peanut gallery, if you ordered the GF's, you'll pay for them, you don't have to put them on....maybe you could sell them later....or the dealer could give you credit if someone wanted them...just a thought.

W

surferbarney 06-09-2009 06:42 PM

I have ground effects on mine and love them. I want to leave them unpainted because I like how it makes them standout. I have pics in another thread if you want to check out what they look like.

PewterPhil 06-09-2009 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WH (Post 568737)
From the peanut gallery, if you ordered the GF's, you'll pay for them, you don't have to put them on....maybe you could sell them later....or the dealer could give you credit if someone wanted them...just a thought.

Your absolutely right. They would not let me eliminate them but I decided to have them painted the same color as the car. Since they are not in yet, they will have them painted and then call me to come get them installed. Sounded like a fail deal to me as long as they don't fly off my car while driving down the highway.

PewterPhil 06-09-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surferbarney (Post 568892)
I have ground effects on mine and love them. I want to leave them unpainted because I like how it makes them standout. I have pics in another thread if you want to check out what they look like.

I really wanted them also. To me it made the car look even better. I will check out your pics. Thanks.

shroomjohn 06-09-2009 09:27 PM

What's the cost to have them painted is it included in the price or extra

PewterPhil 06-09-2009 09:30 PM

So my dealer stuck to the original deal we had in writing which is a relief after hearing all the horror stories here. I feel really lucky.

So I went and checked it out and everything was perfect. No scratches or dings. RS package is beautiful. Stripes being put on tomorrow morning and I will pickup around noon. Will post pics then.

Cant believe it is actually here. I can finally resume a normal life again. :chevy:

PewterPhil 06-09-2009 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shroomjohn (Post 569743)
What's the cost to have them painted is it included in the price or extra

I asked for it for free but they laughed. I paid MSRP plus doc fees so I do feel like I am getting a good deal. It may not look like such a good deal in six months to a year but that remains to be seen.

I was quoted $475.00 plus tax from the dealer.

shroomjohn 06-10-2009 01:48 AM

Quote:

I was quoted $475.00 plus tax from the dealer.
Thats not bad cant wait to see pics congrats!!!

GMRULZ 06-10-2009 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PewterPhil (Post 568727)
Just showed up at the dealer late this afternoon. Black stripes to be installed in the morning. Will pick it up at noon tomorrow. Going to look at it now.

Ground effects were not delivered with the car due to the problem that was reported by a couple of other folks here on the boards. Dealer is still waiting for an updated set to arrive for installation. Not going to keep me from taking it though. I will just leave it with them on a future Saturday for a couple of hours.

Other option would be to eliminate them altogether. I have had second thoughts about ground effects for a while now. Would save me some significant money also. Any thoughts?

I have my deal in writing so hoping the dealer sticks to this. Will know in a couple of hours. I will update soon. :happyanim:

Personally I would not want to add any weight to an already extremely heavy car. It can only hurt performance. That`s why I did not get the ground effects or the sunroof.