Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Lurching at low speeds? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210308)

PitchBlack 03-17-2012 09:03 PM

Lurching at low speeds?

Update: Just picked up from dealer. It's a torque converter issue.

This is surprising as I have not driven her hard at all. Of course I realize that it's a man made item and anything can happen.

Anyway, its under warranty and they said it would be about 5-7 working days to get the new converter in and they assured me I can drive it without worrying about hurting anything until the part comes in.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a 2012 2LS with the 6cyl LFX and the automatic transmission. I was wondering if any of you have had any issues with the car lurching at speeds around 25 mph? To be honest, it feels about like when someone with a manual tries to cruise at 25 mph in 4th gear and it is bogging down, or if you were having problems with the injectors. :mad0259:

Otherwise, the car runs great. Any suggestions?

** EDIT : I meant to add that a few days ago, I was turning uphill to the right and my traction control engaged. Then later in the day I got a dash full of lights on and the display saying that Stabiltrak needed service. A friend of mine suggested I disconnect battery for a few minutes to reset everything. I did this and later all the indicators went off after driving, but now I can feel this.

CamaroKid300 03-17-2012 09:06 PM

I don't have a V6, but that seems really weird for an Auto to do that.

See if you can re create it over and over and take someone at a dealership for a ride.

Shovan 03-17-2012 09:11 PM

Please provide a video so that we may further help you resolve this issue. A video can be taken using almost any of today's phones.

PitchBlack 03-17-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shovan (Post 4662817)
Please provide a video so that we may further help you resolve this issue. A video can be taken using almost any of today's phones.

Well my friend, I don't think a video will help as it is something that I can feel when I drive. It is not a violent lurching, just something that a driver can feel in his seat.

PitchBlack 03-17-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 (Post 4662804)
I don't have a V6, but that seems really weird for an Auto to do that.

See if you can re create it over and over and take someone at a dealership for a ride.

Yeah, I figured that it would probably be best to take it in to let them drive it and hook up all the Frankenstein stuff to see if they can locate something.
Thanks.

Shovan 03-17-2012 09:26 PM

Perhaps it all in your mind and no lurching exists? TBH , you know the dealership won't be able to replicate the problem and will send you packing.....So go get in the car and try and make a video real quick.

filthyfun 03-17-2012 09:39 PM

I haven't had any issues like that with my 2012 1LT auto. If you can figure out how to replicate it, then i would also suggest taking it into the dealer.

jmaynard 03-17-2012 11:01 PM

Could be a number of things. I would suspect a fuel filter off the top of my head. Is the car running a little sluggish? Could also be a sudden burst of good cold air. Check to make sure you have a clean air pathway. A bit of paper flapping could impede your airflow most of the time and give you a blast whe it clears.

Other that that, the dealer is your best friend.

PitchBlack 03-18-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmaynard (Post 4663270)
Could be a number of things. I would suspect a fuel filter off the top of my head. Is the car running a little sluggish? Could also be a sudden burst of good cold air. Check to make sure you have a clean air pathway. A bit of paper flapping could impede your airflow most of the time and give you a blast whe it clears.

Other that that, the dealer is your best friend.

Well, it has been running a little sluggish since this happened and I even wondered if I picked up some bad fuel the night before. I had read on one of the posts here that someone had a message about the Stabiltrak and came to find out that it was an injector problem??

MAC 03-18-2012 03:29 PM

My moms 09 Cobalt was doing this the past year or so, took it in the other day and mentioned this to them, and that it occurs between 35-40 MPH, it does a lurching/lunging feeling throughout RPM's, fluctuates RPM's up +100, and back down repeatedly, not ALL the time, but enough for a passenger to notice as well while cruising through town at these speeds.
Turned out it was some sorta throttle sensor - it was fixed under warranty. otherwise itd have cost $300 to fix.

PitchBlack 03-18-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAC (Post 4665336)
My moms 09 Cobalt was doing this the past year or so, took it in the other day and mentioned this to them, and that it occurs between 35-40 MPH, it does a lurching/lunging feeling throughout RPM's, fluctuates RPM's up +100, and back down repeatedly, not ALL the time, but enough for a passenger to notice as well while cruising through town at these speeds.
Turned out it was some sorta throttle sensor - it was fixed under warranty. otherwise itd have cost $300 to fix.

Thanks for the information.

I have went online and scheduled an appointment at the dealer first thing Wednesday morning to have my girl checked out. :)

ketel0ne 03-18-2012 07:13 PM

Is your AC or defroster on? Do the RPM's fluctuate without giving it any gas?

PitchBlack 03-19-2012 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ketel0ne (Post 4666144)
Is your AC or defroster on? Do the RPM's fluctuate without giving it any gas?

No, it seems to be idleling just fine. Everything seems to be ok with the exception of the previously stated problem. The only other thing worth mentioning is that occasionally, it will hold a gear a little longer than normal before upshifting.

RubyCamaro 03-19-2012 06:37 AM

Try using sport mode. It seems like the car just can't decide which gear it wants to be in at times in D. I rarely ever use D anymore. It is also so much more responsive in S. Not sure if that is any of your issue but worth a shot.