Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Cams (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=342885)

717Stunna 02-17-2014 05:48 PM

Cams

Does Mace still sell cams or did they stop production

KMPrenger 02-18-2014 12:31 PM

They are still in production as far as I know, but really until someone gets a set bought, installed and properly it isn't worth it to buy them. Once HPTuners releases their software this could become more of an accessible reality for us LLT owners.

For the LFX folks, there is one membere here that is doing cams. There are several Austrailian Holden owners that have done cams in the LFX. Hopefully we will start seeing more on this soon with good results

717Stunna 02-18-2014 01:05 PM

oh ok cool I have full bolt ons and I just needed cams but I guess I will wait

KMPrenger 02-18-2014 03:55 PM

Definitely wait and see how the LFX cams turn out power-wise, and then wait to see if HPTuners gets their LLT tune ready to go and then I'd say you could move forward with cams.

717Stunna 02-18-2014 09:14 PM

I'm about to just say eff it and buy some and do it never hurt to try something new can anybody give me a link to order some

lscamaro 02-19-2014 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 717Stunna (Post 7432298)
I'm about to just say eff it and buy some and do it never hurt to try something new can anybody give me a link to order some

I think you may have to contact mace directly so that they can get you a set and for you to be sure they are the newest grind. Also, do you have a way to tune them?

KMPrenger 02-19-2014 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 717Stunna (Post 7432298)

If you can get IPF to do a custom dyno tune for you, or get setup with LGR Performance (I think thats what their name is...they did a custom tune for a LLT owner here using the Trifecta suite) then you have a chance. Otherwise I'd advise against it.

Yellow_Glide is the only LLT with cams installed (don't think he is on their newest grind either). He was originally tuned using Trifecta, but it was never really "right". Trifecta won't touch a cammed LLT now. His car is running as far as I know, but I know he would like to do more changes and get it running better.

717Stunna 02-19-2014 12:17 PM

I was getting a custom dyno tune from a local shop around here

Nutbutt 02-19-2014 12:48 PM

Would love to know what tuning suite he is using ??? So far I haven't seen or heard of a successful cam becasue of the lack of tuning available for the LLT. If they haven't tuned a LLT before I would think carefully.

717Stunna 02-19-2014 12:51 PM

Its called mcnews tuning in dillsburg pa I will call them and see what they say before I order them

717Stunna 02-19-2014 01:10 PM

These are the right cams correct or no http://www.maceengineering.com.au/ep...roducts/CAM617

717Stunna 02-19-2014 09:34 PM

Mace Cams ordered should be here in 2 weeks can't wait

KMPrenger 02-19-2014 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 717Stunna (Post 7433868)
Its called mcnews tuning in dillsburg pa I will call them and see what they say before I order them

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nutbutt (Post 7433856)
Would love to know what tuning suite he is using ??? So far I haven't seen or heard of a successful cam becasue of the lack of tuning available for the LLT. If they haven't tuned a LLT before I would think carefully.

I sincerely hope your local shop (by some miracle) can tune the LLT. Did you check with them? Shops that can properly tune the Bosch ECM in the LLT are far and few between. At the very least they will need to be able to support you using either the Trifecta software suite, IPF, or if they do HPTuners they should have support coming soon, but it could be a short while yet.

I'm excited you bought the cams...just don't want to see you hit a brick wall like we've seen before.

Evil-Bee-NH 02-19-2014 10:23 PM

I wonder i know Trifecta's dissapeared from the forums and IPF will try anything once or twice i also know there's the new Pfadt Tune i wonder if they have anything to say about tuning the cams.