Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New 2012 Camaro Transformers Special Edition Announced (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155150)

nak3dsnake 06-27-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DUGG (Post 3391318)
When does the High-Wing rear spoiler go on sale through GM? How much and what is the order code (for Imperial Blue?).....

Already out, but not available in IBM.

http://www.chevypartsplus.com/advanc...camaro+spoiler

FenwickHockey65 06-27-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LED Crazy (Post 3391266)
If this is a factory option why not include the movie hood, front fascia, and hmm concept mirrors? That would have been great. Make it look EXACTLY like the movie car.

What would really be cool is when you start the car (as the HUD warms up) instead of the Chevy logo, there would be a Autobot logo instead. I believe that would be sweet. Maybe I am going a little too far out there, but what about special floor mats too with Autobot logo and yellow stitching too? Make it really unique!

Because the concept mirrors provide as much functionality as a DVD rewinder.

Jcobra 06-27-2011 10:59 AM

I like the yellow stitching.

camaro2lt 06-27-2011 10:59 AM

wish they made it in a vert and the real paint!!!!

SQUALO 06-27-2011 11:00 AM

Not impressed, $3,000 option added to the regular Camaro body.

You want this to be a "special edition" car you better make sure it's worthy of the title, not just do add-ons. They didn't even put the proper Yellow paint from the T3 movie car. Another great opportunity, wasted.

VERY DISAPPOINTED, BUT NOT SURPRISED! :thumbdown:

flopjack 06-27-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LED Crazy (Post 3391266)
If this is a factory option why not include the movie hood, front fascia, and hmm concept mirrors? That would have been great. Make it look EXACTLY like the movie car.

What would really be cool is when you start the car (as the HUD warms up) instead of the Chevy logo, there would be a Autobot logo instead. I believe that would be sweet. Maybe I am going a little too far out there, but what about special floor mats too with Autobot logo and yellow stitching too? Make it really unique!

Because it's the Z/28 hidden in plain sight and they can't give that appearance package to any 2LT or 2SS buyer willing to pay $3000. Its Z/28 exclusive.

shinzon 06-27-2011 11:04 AM

waste of money unless you are 17yr old transformer fan boi

PYROLYSIS 06-27-2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flopjack (Post 3391359)
Because it's the Z/28 hidden in plain sight and they can't give that appearance package to any 2LT or 2SS buyer willing to pay $3000. Its Z/28 exclusive.

I hope you're right. They've shown us parts of other cars that ended up seeing production. Look at the SEMA cars and things that have shown up.

cab2g 06-27-2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mondain (Post 3391229)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ford at least offered Bullitt Mustangs in the correct green, no?

This could be the last movie in the Michael Bay's Transformers series, and it was arguably the last time for GM to get it right. Having been a Transformers fan since 1984, when Bumblebee was a Volkswagon and not even GoldBug, I was really hoping this package might hit the mark. Yes, I am a geek -- a geek with buying power. And I have decided this package did not go the distance for me.

oh yeah, I totally forgot about the Bullitt mustang.... It was a special edition green just for that release. Dodge also makes special edition colors for certain models in 1/2 year increments.... Remember the Dodge charger daytona colors? The challenger also has several rotating colors. And their total production #s are waaaay lower than the Camaro. I'm surprised that GM uses the excuse of "rotting" paint as the reason not to offer more colors. if it's a special edition only available for x months, then only buy enough paint to last you a few months, problem solved. If sales are high, buy more paint. If it's a limited production run, buy exactly enough paint to paint whatever # of cars you plan to build.

I sort of get the point with ABM. You can't have a super low volume color sitting around waiting for the rare orders of that color over a year or two, but if that color is available in planned intervals, anybody who wants that color will be forced to buy during that interval and they will know exactly when to buy as well. This method seems to work well for other manufacturers. If I worked for GM, I'd be getting a bonus for that bright idea.

Modern07 06-27-2011 11:14 AM

Like I said the paint is an amazing colour - until someone dings your door and you have to get a body shop to try to match it!

Trust me - from my experience with this colour (or at least a very similar colour that takes multiple stages to coat correctly), it is not worth the hassle - it sends you crazy with worry everytime you park! :facepalm:

flopjack 06-27-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS (Post 3391389)
I hope you're right. They've shown us parts of other cars that ended up seeing production. Look at the SEMA cars and things that have shown up.

I hope I am too! Look at the resemblance of the ZL1 and the T2 Bumblebee. There's a precedence for this sort of thing.

And look at the resemblance of the T3 bumblebee and the Jay Leno Concept. I think they are clearly working on the another trim level - there's no other explanation of putting that much effort into one appearance package.

All I know is that the T3 Bumblebee is to me the most refined and track ready version yet. We will see what happens...

spooky 06-27-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shinzon (Post 3391369)
waste of money unless you are 17yr old transformer fan boi

this guy bought one back in 2009 and he's a little older than 17.

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2009...426-hp-camaro/

as far as a waste of money, to each...

HIOFECR 06-27-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flopjack (Post 3391415)
I hope I am too! Look at the resemblance of the ZL1 and the T2 Bumblebee. There's a precedence for this sort of thing.

And look at the resemblance of the T3 bumblebee and the Jay Leno Concept. I think they are clearly working on the another trim level - there's no other explanation of putting that much effort into one appearance package.

All I know is that the T3 Bumblebee is to me the most refined and track ready version yet. We will see what happens...

Could be the front and rear fascia updates that are due out in 2014, but I could buy into the Z28 option too.

edog 06-27-2011 11:32 AM

Only if it was the original paint. I would be intrested if I could get the original paint.