Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Middle East (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   "General Discussion" (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77511)

Camaro_hx 04-15-2010 05:08 AM

"General Discussion"

Hi guys,
i thought to create this thread to prevent going off-topic in other threads.

Cheers:chevy:

AlSuwaidi 04-15-2010 05:32 AM

Okay regarding why we cant have an active thread.

i think we can, but we need stronger topics. we also need more people who will and can provide enough detailed information.

And dont forget we are in the ME forum so they should all be somewhat related to the middle east.

putting something like magna v corsa in ME is wrong to start with as its not ME related. Secondly there are too many available threads out there alreadywhich provide all the information so the others wont post anyway.

we need moer topics along the lines of local su[ppliers for mods/custome mods available in the ME/places to tune/notification of local groups and gatherings/local dealer issues (one of the best and active threads here cause its local related (even though it died now))
you get my point?

unless we create more traffic and provide more specific points then we cant really comment.

if i were to re-do that thread i would have it along the lines of:

magna vs corsa regarding sound levels, passing inspection, where to install, where to supply.

thats way you have lots of things in one thread to keep you on topic.

Camaro_hx 04-15-2010 05:44 AM

Agree totally...

In the case of a weak or unsupportive topic, then it should be closed rather than dragging it to an endless cycle... it kinda ruins the C5 thread pattern.

suhailrehman 04-15-2010 05:54 AM

Hey guys... how about a sticky thread that outlines the major differences between GCC export spec camaros and the US ones like:

1) KPH Speedo
2) 6-CD Changer
3) No OnStar/Phone bluetooth
4) Arabic Labels etc.

I think this thread can really be useful for people complaining about stuff in the camaro that isn't supposed to be there!

Camaro_hx 04-15-2010 05:57 AM

sounds good..

AlSuwaidi 04-15-2010 06:03 AM

i think thats not deserving as sticky..

its not like any of those are major.

I dont think people really care about stickers. and in my car i push a button and change it from mph to kmh

and we dont have rights to delete threads. we would need to be a mod/admin i think.

suhailrehman 04-15-2010 06:42 AM

@AlSuwaidi.. YES! We need a local (ME-based) moderator for this subforum - if there aren't any! Will the current moderator please stand up!

AlSuwaidi 04-15-2010 06:48 AM

i dont think they will give admin to any of us

talk to them if you want..

just ignore threads which die... how many dead threads are there in the main and no1 deletes them.

you would need a lot of time to go through dead ones .. and you never know when one might pick up again... ive seen it happen

Cyber Gray 04-15-2010 10:11 AM

Thanks Shabab for the thread you rock.

Well I hear so much fuzz about Gulf specs and U.S specs.

Suhail my Camaro is Canadian specs, and according to the manual the only different is your dash board. Instead of Miles, they use KM and instead of Gallons they use Litres.

In addition to that you can not shut the speed alert. I have blue tooth and Onstar in my car, but never tried to activiate them simply because I have a habbit not to use mobile while driving.

Anwro 04-16-2010 07:41 PM

Why not post threads like " magna vs corsa " ?? , somtimes we have to since we live near , we can provide where to buy - prices - opinions - legal/illegal ..etc.

and great topic to see whats going on with our camaro's daily :)

AlSuwaidi 04-18-2010 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyber Gray (Post 1723849)
Thanks Shabab for the thread you rock.

Well I hear so much fuzz about Gulf specs and U.S specs.

Suhail my Camaro is Canadian specs, and according to the manual the only different is your dash board. Instead of Miles, they use KM and instead of Gallons they use Litres.

In addition to that you can not shut the speed alert. I have blue tooth and Onstar in my car, but never tried to activiate them simply because I have a habbit not to use mobile while driving.

ahh canadian spec seems a lot like gcc just with aditional on star...

probably is the same.. our cars come from canada anyway

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anwro (Post 1730613)
Why not post threads like " magna vs corsa " ?? , somtimes we have to since we live near , we can provide where to buy - prices - opinions - legal/illegal ..etc.

and great topic to see whats going on with our camaro's daily :)

if you read my whole post i said we should post like that but be more specific. like if you have done a mod, then write about it. where you got it, how much, installation, etc...

not just "corsa vs magna", "whats best?"

that is a useless thread and is bound to die. we have to make it relevant to GCC

CamaroFreako 04-18-2010 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlSuwaidi (Post 1734413)
ahh canadian spec seems a lot like gcc just with aditional on star...

probably is the same.. our cars come from canada anyway

if you read my whole post i said we should post like that but be more specific. like if you have done a mod, then write about it. where you got it, how much, installation, etc...

not just "corsa vs magna", "whats best?"

that is a useless thread and is bound to die. we have to make it relevant to GCC

ok, i see i see, sooo what is the GCC? :facepalm:

Anwro 04-18-2010 09:46 AM

this is not like other Arabian forums , AlSuwaidi. don't organize it by your mood

Cyber Gray 04-18-2010 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anwro (Post 1734910)
this is not like other Arabian forums , AlSuwaidi. don't organize it by your mood

Anwro, we are only few members who activiate this section anyway. So at least we can get to know each other and share useful infromation.

Camaro_h, Al Suwaidi and myself are on to have this thread so we dont end up with 100 thread and no replies !!

It is better that we gather in one thread.