Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Got my BMR rear suspension parts on a few days ago... thoughts (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=358214)

NYYFan325 05-13-2014 03:15 PM

Got my BMR rear suspension parts on a few days ago... thoughts

First off big thank you to Apex Speed for their awesome customer service. Parts got here very quick and they were top notch to deal with.

After getting wheel hop a-plenty at the track I decided to do something about it and ordered some rear suspension upgrades. I ordered the following:

-Rear Trailing Arms and Polyurethane Bushings
-Rear Toe Rods Non-Adjustable and Polyurethane Bushings
-Rear Suspension Bushing Kit
-Rear Cradle Full Bushing Pro Version-Polyurethane

After picking the car up (after having to wait 3 more hours at work grrrr!) I immediately noticed a tighter feel to the rear-end. Little did I know I wasn't even feeling it at the full potential yet.

Sunday morning I took my car in to have the alignment done, and sure enough not only was the rear slightly off (shop actually did a good job getting it pretty close) the front was as well. Left from getting my alignment and...wow. There is a off-ramp I can usually take at a good clip figured it would a be good chance to see how it felt now. I was actually able to take it a good 10-15mph faster and feel absolutely comfortable with the car being planted.

I also went to my works parking lot (private lot in the back...kinda lol). I did some quick test launches as well. Holy hell, car took off with a little bit of spin, but no hop what-so-ever!

The big test will be this coming Friday when I go to the track, but overall as of right now... worth every penny spent!

BMR Sales 05-13-2014 03:24 PM

Congratulations on the new suspension parts, very happy to hear that you like 'em. Now get some sway bars under there and it will be even better!!! Let us know how the trip to the track goes....

Apex Motorsports 05-13-2014 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYYFan325 (Post 7661107)
First off big thank you to Apex Speed for their awesome customer service. Parts got here very quick and they were top notch to deal with.

After getting wheel hop a-plenty at the track I decided to do something about it and ordered some rear suspension upgrades. I ordered the following:

-Rear Trailing Arms and Polyurethane Bushings
-Rear Toe Rods Non-Adjustable and Polyurethane Bushings
-Rear Suspension Bushing Kit
-Rear Cradle Full Bushing Pro Version-Polyurethane

After picking the car up (after having to wait 3 more hours at work grrrr!) I immediately noticed a tighter feel to the rear-end. Little did I know I wasn't even feeling it at the full potential yet.

Sunday morning I took my car in to have the alignment done, and sure enough not only was the rear slightly off (shop actually did a good job getting it pretty close) the front was as well. Left from getting my alignment and...wow. There is a off-ramp I can usually take at a good clip figured it would a be good chance to see how it felt now. I was actually able to take it a good 10-15mph faster and feel absolutely comfortable with the car being planted.

I also went to my works parking lot (private lot in the back...kinda lol). I did some quick test launches as well. Holy hell, car took off with a little bit of spin, but no hop what-so-ever!

The big test will be this coming Friday when I go to the track, but overall as of right now... worth every penny spent!

Very happy to read that. Thank you for your order and for posting your results. Congrats! :headbang:

TwentyTen2SSRS 05-17-2014 10:24 AM

Will be wanting to do the same as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

its a syn 05-17-2014 10:47 AM

Come on July 1st, having bushings, sways and springs put on. Sounds very encouraging!