Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   1st & 2nd Generation Camaros (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   pic 0f 1969 camaro (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220986)

bigted83 05-02-2012 04:05 PM

pic 0f 1969 camaro

4 Attachment(s)
a pic of my moms 1969 camaro that i just started working on

arod55 05-02-2012 04:17 PM

Looks great, I would love to have it. How the rust on it and what engine.?:wub:

bigted83 05-02-2012 04:32 PM

350 with a 4 speed we think it has a performance cam. the body rust is mostly surface rust. the only body panel or whatever u want to call to it to make it safe is the rear shock towers. and brakes to stop safely. it has a rebuilt quadrajetcarb and hooker headers. it needs work but i would kill todrive it on the road

arod55 05-02-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigted83 (Post 4901454)
350 with a 4 speed we think it has a performance cam. the body rust is mostly surface rust. the only body panel or whatever u want to call to it to make it safe is the rear shock towers. and brakes to stop safely. it has a rebuilt quadrajetcarb and hooker headers. it needs work but i would kill todrive it on the road

Sounds good enjoy it. I had one back in 69 but when I got divorced in 79 my ex ended up with it. I have always love the style of the 69. :headbang:

2010 SSRS 05-02-2012 04:36 PM

looks nice and solid.

bigted83 05-02-2012 04:37 PM

it is, just needs some sanding and paint on th underneath to be good.it will nevr be show quality i think but it would make a great weekend cruiser

shank0668 05-02-2012 08:43 PM

Make it nice. Make sure it get's taken care of. That is a heck of a nice project!

bigted83 05-03-2012 09:02 AM

It needs some work, but I going to get it road safe first then get the body work done

pincoin 05-04-2012 04:15 AM

Looks like a nice project!

speedmon 05-04-2012 06:39 PM

Bro!
That car is in great condition! Cool piece.
350 4 speed....factory spoiler, original rally wheels.....
Is that interior original? If it is get those tools off that seat.
Nice door panels.......
Looks like an A/C car?

Post a picture of the engine.

If you post the trim tag info, I'll tell you what it is.

Check the VIN on the engine block to see if it matches the VIN on the car.
The check the VIN stamp on the transmission (near the case seal) to see if it matches too.!
The codes on the rear-end will tell you what it is.

Does it run?

Don't touch anything until you check all the codes to see how untouched it is.
There are collectors who pay BIG money for untouched stuff...even if they are a little rough.

69s are fetching a premium right now......rusted out rollers are $8-10K....
If your parts are original, thats a very valuable car.

Do you know the registration history?

Drop the gas tank to see if the build sheet is there....sometimes, but mostly not.

I hate that color....but very nice piece!

And for god's sake get it indoors! Something could fall on it.

speedmon 05-04-2012 07:17 PM

Sorry, I just have to ask more questions......
What is up with the rear antenna? replaced with electric?
Is the radio AM or AM/FM and does it work.....those puppies, if they are working are like $800, more for AM/FM...like $1200.

Take a picture of the Trim tag on the cowl under the hood next to the Brake booster........pictures are decpetive but paint might be Azure turquoise...which is ugly but rare.

If its the original 350, it would be an LM1, 255 horse car.....not alot of power but if original very valuable...could have an M21 transmission...those are like $1600.

And what is up with those right angle tail pipes? You're gonna lose some power with those.

Anyway take inventory......and pictures.

bigted83 05-05-2012 08:56 AM

we think it was redone somewhat when my mom bought it. yes it has a non operational power antennae with the factory am radio which was reinstalled as its in the dash but not wired to work before my mom bought it as their is 2 6x9 pioneer speakers in the back deck.it sat for 20 years roughly in a steel building and yes it runs. we did a fluid change primed the engine. the air filter cover says 350 with 295 horsepower engine. which we think it has a cam. and headers. my mom pretty much bought it like this that many years ago. it does have ac and the door panels are in good shape just needs a good wipedown. and this car is not going to be sold for parts as i am slowly making it road legal and safe and it was just outside as i was doing small work on it. it stays in a steel shed thats locked up. i dont know the registration history. i dont intend to restomod it. i just want it to look look like and run like it did when it came from the factory. im slowly getting it going. the interior i believe is original

bigted83 05-05-2012 09:01 AM

im going to get new sparkplugs for it today, as the oil has already been changed and everything else. the brakes need work and it needs the rear shock towers

toesuf94 05-05-2012 09:02 AM

Is that the original color or was it Fathom Green? I do not recall seeing that many Azure Turquoise '69's.

Here are the 1969 RPO codes: http://www.holisticpage.com/camaro/parts/69rpo.htm