Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Carbon Flash Metallic 2012 Camaro ZL1 Up for Auction This Sat. at Barrett-Jackson (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172668)

Scarrzz 09-24-2011 09:48 PM

He could donate the driving lessons to C5 & we could raffle them off for charity.

...or half for charity & half to support the site.

=]

Scarrzz 09-24-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armysig (Post 3798150)
Uploading the video to Youtube right now. 70 minutes left

Give us a linky when you're done, please. o7

LOWDOWN 09-26-2011 10:40 AM

The car at the Auction was not THE car (they haven't started production, yet), but a (former Red?) mule painted in the appropriate exterior color.

Good job, Mr. Hendrick! And thank God Ron Pratte's a "Ford guy" and didn't want that one, too, real bad!

OldJedi 09-26-2011 11:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)
These are some pictures of the Carbon Flash ZL1 from the Barrett-Jackson auction. They start from when my daughter and I first arrived at the Chevy display until it goes on auction. A very special "Thank You" goes to the entire Chevy staff on hand but especially to John Fitzpatrick and 'Chad', the most patient rep. ever. Thanks guys, you made it a very special for both of us. I tried send ing 10 pics at a time but it would not work, so I will try two at a time.

OldJedi 09-26-2011 11:49 AM

2 Attachment(s)
two more

OldJedi 09-26-2011 11:51 AM

2 Attachment(s)
some more

OldJedi 09-26-2011 11:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The real ZL1 is hiding under the Carbon Flash wrap.

OldJedi 09-26-2011 12:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The very patient Chad and Mr. John Fitzpatrick and little old me.

OldJedi 09-26-2011 12:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
In the lot before it goes on stage

Joebot8484 09-26-2011 12:11 PM

I'm glad you got to finally see it in person JEDI!!!! Pictures just don't do this car justice.

radz28 09-26-2011 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joebot8484 (Post 3803759)
I'm glad you got to finally see it in person JEDI!!!! Pictures just don't do this car justice.

:word::word::word:

Little old you?:D:drinking::respekt:

SWEET pictures!!! Thanks for sharing and posting them!!! DO WANT THOSE HATS!!!

You also said a wrap? Is that what it really was? If so, I wonder if that's the car from February...

fiascoes1 09-26-2011 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz28 (Post 3803796)
:word::word::word:

Little old you?:D:drinking::respekt:

SWEET pictures!!! Thanks for sharing and posting them!!! DO WANT THOSE HATS!!!

You also said a wrap? Is that what it really was? If so, I wonder if that's the car from February...

I wonder how expensive it would be to have the zl1 wrapped in that color?;)

OldJedi 09-26-2011 12:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
No, pictures do not do this car justice. You know you are the presence of something very special when you stand next to this car. Here are a few more.

OldJedi 09-26-2011 12:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
more

radz28 09-26-2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiascoes1 (Post 3803836)
I wonder how expensive it would be to have the zl1 wrapped in that color?;)

That's a good idea... It's certainly thousands less than paying to have someone detrim the car, prep' it and paint it, then reassemble it. I was wondering why the clearcoat looked so smooth (relatively). I hope the real CF comes out that nice! I hope to see it in '13 as an option!!!

I'm sorry, Steve. I noticed you mentioned you were told the Detriot car was wrapped :)

OldJedi 09-26-2011 12:38 PM

Yes, this is the Chicago and New York ZL1 show car with the polished wheels and black stripe. The second ZL1 has the black SSX wheels and no stripe from the CF2 debut.

radz28 09-26-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldJedi (Post 3803931)
Yes, this is the Chicago and New York ZL1 show car with the polished wheels and NO sunroof. The second ZL1 has the black SSX wheels and a sunroof from the CF2 debut.

There's just enough blue in there to satisfy my blue-hunger :D I really like how it flops in the light and from different angles!!!

Notice the placard says "estimated 580 horsepower"?...

OldJedi 09-26-2011 12:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
more pics

OldJedi 09-26-2011 12:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
more

OldJedi 09-26-2011 12:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Sorry guys and gals, there were some pictures that I tried to send several times but kept getting rejected for some reason. Chuck these some more for your compilation tread. My daughter and I had a great day at Barrett-Jackson seeing the ZL1 in person, taking HOT laps in a ZR1 and seeing lots and lots of really nice cars. It was a great road trip. One we will never forget, thanks again Team Chevy.

OldJedi 09-26-2011 01:05 PM

Chad and John were very gracious and gave my daughter and I a ZL1 hat because I had flown from Ft. Lauderdale to LA, rented a Camaro, picked up my daughter and drove to Las Vegas just to see the ZL1 in person. We were not allowed to wear them until they drove the car on to the stage at auction. They had one box of hats made up for the auction to give away when the car was brought on to the stage. These were for people working the auction and some very lucky spectators.

Flight to LAX - $280.00
Camaro SS Rental - $210.00
Room in Vegas - $115.00
Father/Daughter Road Trip - PRICELESS

radz28 09-26-2011 01:05 PM

MOAR MOAR MOAR :D Thanks a lot, Steve. These are GREAT! You have a very nice looking daughter, too :) I, of course, mean that in the most respectful manor ;) It's uber cool you guys went together!

fiascoes1 09-26-2011 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz28 (Post 3803913)
That's a good idea... It's certainly thousands less than paying to have someone detrim the car, prep' it and paint it, then reassemble it. I was wondering why the clearcoat looked so smooth (relatively). I hope the real CF comes out that nice! I hope to see it in '13 as an option!!!

I'm sorry, Steve. I noticed you mentioned you were told the Detriot car was wrapped :)

Yeah there's not too many body shops I trust to have my car painted, you can usually tell when a car is painted. You never know what quality paint and clear coat they use. With a wrap if you get tired of it you still have your unharmed original paint underneath.

radz28 09-26-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldJedi (Post 3804082)
Chad and John were very gracious and gave my daughter and I a ZL1 hat because I had flown from Ft. Lauderdale to LA, rented a Camaro, picked up my daughter and drove to Las Vegas just to see the ZL1 in person. We were not allowed to wear them until they drove the car on to the stage at auction. They had one box of hats made up for the auction to give away when the car was brought on to the stage. These were for people working the auction and some very lucky spectators.

Flight to LAX - $280.00
Camaro SS Rental - $210.00
Room in Vegas - $115.00
Father/Daughter Road Trip - PRICELESS

That's REALLY cool of them to do for you guys!!! I'd have paid $50 for that hat!!! It's very cool they support the people in the community. I think they realize that goes a long way with many of us. If I had the time, I would've liked to have gone, but that didn't happen.

I'm glad it looks like you guys had a GREAT time :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiascoes1 (Post 3804105)
Yeah there's not too many body shops I trust to have my car painted, you can usually tell when a car is painted. You never know what quality paint and clear coat they use. With a wrap if you get tired of it you still have your unharmed original paint underneath.

:word::word::word: I worked in one for 5.5-years, so you could say I have a little eye for some of this stuff. It all made sense (about the wrap) when it seems like the clearcoat was so flat compared to what I've seen on other cars. I don't think a wrap is much more than a grand though. I'm sure it depends on your pattern and size of the car though.

fiascoes1 09-26-2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz28 (Post 3804125)
That's REALLY cool of them to do for you guys!!! I'd have paid $50 for that hat!!! It's very cool they support the people in the community. I think they realize that goes a long way with many of us. If I had the time, I would've liked to have gone, but that didn't happen.

I'm glad it looks like you guys had a GREAT time :)

:word::word::word: I worked in one for 5.5-years, so you could say I have a little eye for some of this stuff. It all made sense (about the wrap) when it seems like the clearcoat was so flat compared to what I've seen on other cars. I don't think a wrap is much more than a grand though. I'm sure it depends on your pattern and size of the car though.

A friend of mine had his BMW wrapped in matte black about a year ago, he paid about 1300.