Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   A Chef's Camaro (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222338)

Chef Camaro 05-08-2012 03:46 PM

A Chef's Camaro

4 Attachment(s)
Attention: All rights reserved. Any and all photos/videos found within this thread may not be copied, edited, reproduced, linked, or displayed in any form or by any means; electronic, mechanical, optical, or otherwise, without prior written permission from myself. If you wish to use any of the photos/videos found within this thread please contact me.

!!!WARNING!!! This is a very picture heavy Journal. If you don't like pictures, you're out of luck.

"Penelope" is her name and idgaf if you care or not.

Gonna try and take the time to build a journal to help keep track of my progress. Feel free to reply and pm suggestions.

A very short back story: I've loved Camaro's since I was a young boy and always been a huge fan of all Amarican Muscle cars. Once I was in high school and first heard that they were going to re-manufacture the '10 Camaro I promised myself and all of my friends that I would own one someday. Through furious saving and help from my mommy I was able to purchase my very own 2012 1LS on January 13th, 2012. I bought her with a mere 134mi.

Followed Pictures are as she is Today!

~Mod List~

Interior:
AAC LED Blue Dome Light
AAC LED Blue Trunk Light
AAC LED Blue Foot well Lights
2013 1LE Suede Wrapped Steering Wheel w/ white trim
Custom Plasti-Dip Door panels White
Black Hurst Logo Shift Knob
Sound- x2 12" MTX 4500 Thunder subs
- 1600w Volfenhag Amp
- 1000w Power Acoustics Capacitor

Exterior:
MPD1 "Z Force" Ram Air Hood Painted SW
Rideskinz Aeroblade Low Profile Wing painted SW
SS Front Fascia Color Match SW w/ Lower Lip Blackout
ACS T4 Splitter
ACS Rear Bumper Extensions
ZL1 Side Rockers Wrapped in White Carbon Fiber Vinyl
ZL1 Grille
20" RS Wheels Custom Painted Carbon Fiber w/ SW pinstripe
wrapped in Pirreli P-Zero's
AAC Fog light kit for non RS w/ Plasma Bulbs
AAC Concept Sidemarkers Ghosted Painted Summit White
Front Bowtie painted SW and Black
Bigworm Graphics Carbon Fiber Gills
MNP Customs Rear Fascia and Trunk Lid Vinyl Blackout in Carbon Fiber
MNP Customs Tail light smoke film set
MNP Customs Head light smoke film set -Turn signals ONLY-
MGP Brake Caliper Covers Painted SW w/ Black CAMARO lettering

Performance:
PFADT Sport Front Sway bar
PFADT Sport Rear Sway Bar
PFADT Lowering Springs 1.5" Front and Rear
CAInc Cold Air Intake w/ lid glass removed to work w/ hood
Hurst STS

Ordered Mods:

Awaiting Installation:

Future Mod List:
AAC Retrofit Dual Halo Headlights
AAC Halo Fog Lights
Go Fast mods from Matt@FSP
?Custom Havoc CF Rear Diffuser with Quad Tips?

Chef Camaro 05-08-2012 03:50 PM

Stripes

3 Attachment(s)
First picture is crappy yes, but the only picture I have from straight off the lot.

Once I ripped the front bowtie off I realized that the first thing I wanted on her was stripes, having a non-factory spoiler made that a little hard but the shop I went to (Tulsa CarFX) did a fantastic job and have helped me with a lot so far.

Chef Camaro 05-08-2012 03:54 PM

Next please!

2 Attachment(s)
Having the immortalized "Mod Fever" along with wanting to spend all my income on mods was hitting me hard so I painted my front bowtie black and white and put it back on. Immediately following that I installed Oracle interior Dome LED, footwell LED, and trunk LED all in Blue.

SSE 4 2SS 05-08-2012 03:56 PM

Very Nice Start....

Good looking car and some well thought out ideas so far...

Chef Camaro 05-08-2012 04:00 PM

New Shoes

2 Attachment(s)
Saved up the money to get some new shoes and get rid of those fugly stock LS rims and tires. Got a set of 20" SS wheels from CarFX and they painted them to look like Carbon Fiber with a white Pinstripe around the edges, stuck some Pirrelli P'Zero's on them cause that's what she wanted and now she looks SOOO much better.

Chef Camaro 05-08-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS (Post 4930638)
Very Nice Start....

Good looking car and some well thought out ideas so far...

Thank you very much, just starting the long fun game of deciding what i want and drooling over the things others have.

Chef Camaro 05-11-2012 10:30 PM

5 Attachment(s)
so i was reading in the forums about Plasti-Dip and wanting to try it out so on a forum high i went out and got a can at Lowes and started the conversion of my tail light bezels. First I took of the bezels which was surprisingly easy and managed not to break a single clamp which I was excited about, having larger hand was trickier for me to get the bottom side of the outside bezels out so I just stuck a shim in and forced them out. For as new as the car was i was really surprised at how dirty it was underneath the bezels, even managed to find a helicopter in there lol. So i got the bezels taped off and ready to be painted, while my first two soft coats of plasti-dip were drying i decided to remove the dealership sticker from the back bumper so its nice and clean now. Finished up painting about 10mins before it started to rain thank God, but immediately had to go to work. Got home from work about an hour ago and was able to pop the Bezels right back in and they look soooo much better. spending time on this forum is definitely benefiting my build.

kjkjr27 05-11-2012 10:47 PM

You should look into painting your brake calibers I think it would look real good with your new wheels. G2 has a good kit that is about 50 bucks I think and they have a bunch of colors. Just an idea :) good luck with the build

SilverSlayer-SS 05-12-2012 07:54 AM

nice mods

pierre777 05-12-2012 08:13 AM

Love the rims in CF.

SamHouseIII 05-12-2012 08:47 AM

Looks killer, BTW, what rear spoiler is that, it looks bad ass!

Chef Camaro 05-12-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjkjr27 (Post 4949612)
You should look into painting your brake calibers I think it would look real good with your new wheels. G2 has a good kit that is about 50 bucks I think and they have a bunch of colors. Just an idea :) good luck with the build

I was hoping to get white covers that have "camaro" on them, idk if that's possible i haven't really looked into it yet

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSlayer-SS (Post 4950432)
nice mods

Thanks Silver

Quote:

Originally Posted by pierre777 (Post 4950485)
Love the rims in CF.

Me too Pierre, i've only seen one other set with the mock cf paint on there and it was at the same place that painted mine, but they had an SS on one of the rims, the guy offered to pitch in a free LS on each but i decided against it because the pinstripe contrasts it enough

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamHouseIII (Post 4950601)

Thanks! its actually the reason i went with this Camaro when i bought it, i was looking at more from different dealerships but i loved the look of the spoiler so i wanted it. As far as the spoiler goes i have no clue though :facepalm: cause i bought it with the spoiler already installed i never paid attention to what it was

Chef Camaro 05-12-2012 10:13 PM

Plasti-Dip Day 2!

3 Attachment(s)
With how great my bezels turned out I was stoked to try and paint the trunk cover (idk what to call it?) so i woke up early this morning and busted out some tape, newspaper, and plasti-dip. Took me 40mins alone just to make sure my top line was as straight as possible. i love the new look of it though, so happy i was introduced to plasti-dip.

Chef Camaro 07-06-2012 06:22 PM

Been a While

8 Attachment(s)
Been a couple months since i've gotten a chance to update. So here it Goes!
First off got my cold air intake from CAI installed, got my Hurst STS but cant install it yet, got my Fog Lights from AAC installed and DIY Painted my steering wheel bezel

aquablueL99 07-07-2012 10:56 AM

I agree!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamHouseIII (Post 4950601)

Chef Camaro,
That spoiler was MADE for your car!!.....Looks outstanding!!......ABL99...:chevy:

Chef Camaro 07-07-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquablueL99 (Post 5250558)
Chef Camaro,
That spoiler was MADE for your car!!.....Looks outstanding!!......ABL99...:chevy:

Thanks!

Chef Camaro 07-14-2012 05:42 PM

MOAR PLASTI-DIP!

6 Attachment(s)
Still addicted to plasti-dip and wanting to test out visual concepts on my car i went ahead and pulled out the interior trim and door panels to change that ugly gray vinyl interior into nicely new white interior. While at that i went ahead and peeled of my first trunk job and pry'd the bowtie off and re-did the whole back end

ZoMBiE_KMF 07-15-2012 01:31 PM

Mods coming along great! Looks awesome! :w00t:

Chef Camaro 07-15-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoMBiE_KMF (Post 5291868)
Mods coming along great! Looks awesome! :w00t:

Thanks! You were the first S/W Camaro on here that i started to get ideas from :respekt:

Matrim77 08-16-2012 08:31 PM

where did you buy your plasti dip from? very nice, I love your paint job!

stlrammer 08-16-2012 08:36 PM

Dang Boy your mods are amazing! I love what you have done. :headbang:

Chef Camaro 08-21-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrim77 (Post 5453909)
where did you buy your plasti dip from? very nice, I love your paint job!

You can get plasti dip from any Lowes or Ace Hardware (idk how global they are) and its only like $5-6 a can

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlrammer (Post 5453944)
Dang Boy your mods are amazing! I love what you have done. :headbang:

Thank you :thumbup:

Chef Camaro 08-21-2012 09:51 AM

Big Update!!

3 Attachment(s)
Big news in from an absence in posts, I now have PFADT 1.25" Drop Springs, PFADT Sport Sways, hurst STS, all in my garage waiting to be installed, I also have ordered my MPD1 Z-Force Ram Air Hood to go with my Cai inc CAI and once I get the hood painted and installed I'm going to St. Louis, MO to get NS-3 Stripe Package from Nights Shades

kold 08-21-2012 10:31 AM

looks like u got the wrong shifter that looks like its for a v8 not a v6

PfadtRacing 08-21-2012 11:40 AM

You're going to love the new stance after the drop springs are installed! Thanks for choosing Pfadt!

LED Crazy 08-21-2012 12:06 PM

Looks good you pansy

Dizzy 08-21-2012 02:16 PM

like the spoiler, car is coming out really ba man keep up the modding

Chef Camaro 08-23-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kold (Post 5472422)
looks like u got the wrong shifter that looks like its for a v8 not a v6

it actually is the correct shifter, just the wrong knob, for some reason that is the way Hurst sells it and in order to get the V6 pattern knob you have to pay extra, but i got the gloss black Hurst emblem shifter for free :thumbup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by LED Crazy (Post 5472811)
Looks good you pansy

Thanks Blake! When are you going down to Kevin's to put all your new lighting mods in?

LED Crazy 08-23-2012 03:25 PM

Hopefully soon. Whenever Kevin is free

SinisterEcho 08-23-2012 04:01 PM

Car looks great CC! You just gave me a fantastic Idea on the plastidip!

buckeyemike 09-10-2012 03:20 AM

How'd you do the fogs? Was it hard? Thinking about doing that to mine.

Chef Camaro 09-12-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckeyemike (Post 5555140)
How'd you do the fogs? Was it hard? Thinking about doing that to mine.

Fog's were SUPER easy,i think it took longer to jack the car and get it secure then to install them. They're an AAC kit you can buy for $280 http://www.automotivelightstore.com/lsfogpackage.aspx there's the link and like i said earlier very easy to install

Chef Camaro 10-20-2012 04:07 PM

Lots done in 2 months, pictures are being uploaded to the computer right now for uploads

Chef Camaro 10-31-2012 09:20 AM

Major Upgrades! and a Completely new Look

3 Attachment(s)
Did work on upgrading my stereo, added 2 MTX 12" 4500 Thunder Subs with handmade ported boxes and a Volfenhag 1600w Amp mounted to my frame and a 1000w Capacitor.

Chef Camaro 10-31-2012 09:27 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Got my new MPD1 "Z-Force" Ram Air hood painted and installed too! and while it was in the shop they did a Rear Fascia and Trunk Lid black-out in a special ordered Carbon Fiber Vinyl to match my theme.

Calikenn 10-31-2012 09:28 AM

Great job so far chef, but my fav has to be the pfadts...any pics of the new stance from the side?

Chef Camaro 10-31-2012 09:37 AM

6 Attachment(s)
With the new hood installed it calls for an alteration to my CAInc CAI, so the original top glass is removed and replaced with rubber seals. I also took the time to paint my engine cover Chevy emblem black and white to match my theme and get away from the gold and silver. Did a personal install of my Carbon Fiber Gills, to help the color "pop." Also got my AAC Illuminated Bowtie painted in black and white and installed! yay!

Chef Camaro 10-31-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calikenn (Post 5758020)
Great job so far chef, but my fav has to be the pfadts...any pics of the new stance from the side?

Uploading the pic's right now Calikenn

Chef Camaro 10-31-2012 09:46 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Got the Hurst STS Installed. PFADT Lowering Spings, and PFADT Sport Sway bars. I LOVE the new stance, and the handling from the upgraded sways. The first picture is of the original stance, then to the new stance

Chef Camaro 10-31-2012 09:49 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Also got the AAC Concept Sidemarkers in Summit White with the additional "Ghosted" option