Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   GM asks Europe for up to 4.6 billion handout. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53455)

ssump29 11-23-2009 03:35 PM

GM asks Europe for up to 4.6 billion handout.

I really want to continue supporting GM, but this is making it real hard. YOu would think after all the public backlash they got here that they wouldn't have the balls to do this abroad.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34108949...=MSNToolbar100

Coldpants 11-23-2009 03:37 PM

Well now we know their plan to pay back our government.

PQ 11-23-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldpants (Post 1207473)
Well now we know there plan to pay back our government.

.................:laughabove:

But seriously. I'm at a loss at this point. I was against a bailout of roreign makers even though they build cars and employ people here. At the same line, Europ should tell us to get bent.

ssump29 11-23-2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 1207516)
.................:laughabove:

But seriously. I'm at a loss at this point. I was against a bailout of roreign makers even though they build cars and employ people here. At the same line, Europ should tell us to get bent.

Thats how I feel. I love my domestic cars as much as I love my foreign ones but if this continues I will just keep buying new foreign cars that don't need to rely on government money to proceed. Looks, like I may be adding another porchse to the collection instead of the vette.

PQ 11-23-2009 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssump29 (Post 1207542)
Thats how I feel. I love my domestic cars as much as I love my foreign ones but if this continues I will just keep buying new foreign cars that don't need to rely on government money to proceed. Looks, like I may be adding another porchse to the collection instead of the vette.

NOOOOOOO

Get the Vette. We need to pay ourselves back.

derklug 11-23-2009 08:54 PM

Foriegn auto makers are subsidized by their countries. Imagine the big 3 with no health care costs.

Mr. Wyndham 11-23-2009 10:11 PM

I'm confused...what with the Opel decision earlier this month, and now this.....something's going on.

And for the record, GM Europe is sufficiently separate from GM NA...this money will never see US soil (if given), and given the small amount of money, and large amount of nations that would pitch in...it's relatively meager request...my .02, anyways.

The_Blur 11-23-2009 10:15 PM

I'm not happy with this, but I imagine that GM Europe's brands deserve the help. If Nissan asked North America for help without having any North America-specific brand, I would encourage rejecting that action. GM, on the other hand, has brands over there that are completely independent and unique from those in the US and Canada. If those brands are in trouble, it does make sense to ask their hosts for help.

It is never good to have to ask for help.

1bad65 11-23-2009 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldpants (Post 1207473)
Well now we know their plan to pay back our government.

It's like paying your Visa bill with your MasterCard. :facepalm:

comiskeybum 11-23-2009 10:35 PM

forget that Equinox i was thinking about buying. Screw GM. Just when i was respecting them again they go and do this bullshit.

No Equinox for us. Forrester here we come!

Mr. Wyndham 11-23-2009 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comiskeybum (Post 1209405)
forget that Equinox i was thinking about buying. Screw GM. Just when i was respecting them again they go and do this bullshit.

No Equinox for us. Forrester here we come!

Are you serious right now?

comiskeybum 11-23-2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derklug (Post 1208840)
Foriegn auto makers are subsidized by their countries. Imagine the big 3 with no health care costs.

with the new labor contracts beginning the next few years i think the union pays for benefits and not GM ford etc..........

so yeah.....imagine indeed

comiskeybum 11-23-2009 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 1209409)
Are you serious right now?

I was until i read the article more..........its GM europe and not the US.

EQUINOX here we come!!

you can delete my prior post. lol

coolman 11-23-2009 10:41 PM

What I say to those countries" PAY UP SUCKERS"