Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   new member, camaro journey already over (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67069)

Bumble-T 02-22-2010 12:56 AM

new member, camaro journey already over

well today my convertible camaro journey came to an end. i was driving down the road in my 2002 camaro and got hit by this guy with no insurance. basically my car is screwed, im screwed, hopefully this guy is screwed to! this guy was pulling out of a parkiing lot and didnt even see me coming, i mean how do you not A) hear my car, it has an exhaust on it and is pretty loud, and B) its bright red. like honestly, what is with people!!!! i just joined this site to and met alot of really helpful people so i would like to say thanks alot everyone for being so kind and welcoming me into the group, however, all good things must come to an end

BlackSS831 02-22-2010 01:00 AM

Ouch! Sorry to hear... :cry:

Did you call the cops?

Bumble-T 02-22-2010 01:03 AM

ya, the dude barely spoke english so they sat there trying to get info and he kept acting like he didnt no what the officer was saying, so my car got towed and im sure my bill will be so nice to see in the mail

PQ 02-22-2010 01:04 AM

What about YOUR insurance? Liability only? :iono:

Bumble-T 02-22-2010 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 1507769)
What about YOUR insurance? Liability only? :iono:

unfortunatly, its my first car so i cant afford a car payment and the premium insurance for my camaro, plus put a nice chunk of my all my paychecks into a bucket for my new camaro.

PQ 02-22-2010 01:23 AM

Damn. Well, down the road maybe I will work out.

CamaroFreako 02-22-2010 08:13 AM

sorry to hear that, hope it all works out, but that life....screwed

v6sonoma 02-22-2010 08:43 AM

Ballz

ssump29 02-22-2010 08:47 AM

Well that sucks but you can't be mad at the other guy either for not having insurance as you don't have it either. Always have to protect yourself first cause no one else is going to do it for you. I feel for you but let this be a lesson as to why you shouldn't drive without insurance. I for one thinks it's bullshit that the state of Illinois doesn't require you to have insurance. In Michigan its against the law to drive and not have insurance, big tickets and fines for doing that. I hope everything works out for you.

Madcat0911 02-22-2010 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssump29 (Post 1508268)
Well that sucks but you can't be mad at the other guy either for not having insurance as you don't have it either. Always have to protect yourself first cause no one else is going to do it for you. I feel for you but let this be a lesson as to why you shouldn't drive without insurance. I for one thinks it's bullshit that the state of Illinois doesn't require you to have insurance. In Michigan its against the law to drive and not have insurance, big tickets and fines for doing that. I hope everything works out for you.

He didn't say he didn't have insurance, he said he didn't have premium insurance.

2010 SSRS 02-22-2010 08:50 AM

that sux

Angrybird 12 02-22-2010 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumble-T (Post 1507759)
well today my convertible camaro journey came to an end. i was driving down the road in my 2002 camaro and got hit by this guy with no insurance. basically my car is screwed, im screwed, hopefully this guy is screwed to! this guy was pulling out of a parkiing lot and didnt even see me coming, i mean how do you not A) hear my car, it has an exhaust on it and is pretty loud, and B) its bright red. like honestly, what is with people!!!! i just joined this site to and met alot of really helpful people so i would like to say thanks alot everyone for being so kind and welcoming me into the group, however, all good things must come to an end

Get an estimate including towing and take him to court, even without insurance to cover it if he is at fault he is still liable to cover the damage to your car.

cab2g 02-22-2010 09:20 AM

yep, take him to court. And someobody on here mentioned sue him for X dollars in assets, not cash because the dude probably doesn't have much cash if he doesn't have insurance, but you may be able to get some assets...

Also, to the guy that commented about Illinois not requiring insurance... Illinois requires liability insurance only, but you don't have to have collision coverage. So the state minimum is either 25,000/50,000 or 20,000/40,000 I forgot which.

Hopefully you'll be able to keep saving up and get a newer Camaro in a few years. Don't give up!!! And try to make sure to put some extra pennies in the "insurance" bucket next time around because it'll happen again. Everybody gets into an accident, has their crap stolen, or experiences a natural disaster at least once in life. That's what insurance is for.

SSRSLY 02-22-2010 09:28 AM

Wait...how can you be making payments on a car and not have full coverage?