Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Looking for more nitrous info.... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311395)

05SilverStreak 08-06-2013 12:29 AM

Looking for more nitrous info....

Ok, so im the rookie that did the dry system 100 shot, stock timing, hypertech tune....Blah...blah.....blah. All is well with that and the car just as a quick update. I dont use it a whole lot, so its not like im pushing it. I do have plans to get the LNC 2000 and AFR guage. My real question is and please post all that you know, I am really looking hard ito getting a used ZO6, C6 model. I will be keeping the camaro but all the goodies are coming off it and going back to stock. So has anyone used nitrous on an LS9 with success?, (I mean enough longevity and not a blown motor), to tell me how to set it up for my soon to be wet 150 shot? Specifically the timing retard gear, I am not sure if the LNC 2000 I would need for the Camaro can be used on the LS9. This will not be a dragstrip setup. It will be mostly used for nothing other than quick bursts or God forbid I come across something faster. I have already gotten the why the hell do you need to juice that car thing. Its just something I want to do.

62nalide 08-06-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05SilverStreak (Post 6862696)
Ok, so im the rookie that did the dry system 100 shot, stock timing, hypertech tune....Blah...blah.....blah. All is well with that and the car just as a quick update. I dont use it a whole lot, so its not like im pushing it. I do have plans to get the LNC 2000 and AFR guage. My real question is and please post all that you know, I am really looking hard ito getting a used ZO6, C6 model. I will be keeping the camaro but all the goodies are coming off it and going back to stock. So has anyone used nitrous on an LS9 with success?, (I mean enough longevity and not a blown motor), to tell me how to set it up for my soon to be wet 150 shot? Specifically the timing retard gear, I am not sure if the LNC 2000 I would need for the Camaro can be used on the LS9. This will not be a dragstrip setup. It will be mostly used for nothing other than quick bursts or God forbid I come across something faster. I have already gotten the why the hell do you need to juice that car thing. Its just something I want to do.

LS9???? Or did you mean LS7?

And good luck on it, it will turn that Z06 into a freak of a monster and would take a 200shot if needed lol 9sec car if your a good driver!

05SilverStreak 08-07-2013 07:16 AM

Yess, sorry LS7. With the higher compression engine supercharging and nitrous can be an issue. I dont know if more timing retard than normal would help with that or if its just not a good motor to do that with. Just looking to see who knows what. Not too many people juice vettes that are daily drivers from what I can tell.

Brandon@NitrousOutlet 08-07-2013 10:33 AM

LS7's love nitrous. As far as pulling timing I would absolutely recommend pulling the correct amount out for the shot you are spraying. Standard rule of thumb is going to be 2 degrees of timing pulled for every 50hp you are adding. We have a customer with a built LS7 and our race single nozzle kit going 8.80's :headbang:

Ryan@Lingenfelter 08-13-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05SilverStreak (Post 6862696)

The LNC-2000 can be used on LS1, LS2, LS3, LS6, and LS7's as the coil packs all have the same connector. The LSA and LS9's would need the LNC-2001 as their coil packs connectors are different.

grocerygetter 08-13-2013 05:35 PM

And the lnc2000 is what u should get!

05SilverStreak 08-15-2013 02:04 AM

Ok thanks guys, I didnt know the connectors were the same on both engines. The cool thing is my girlfriend doesnt want to get rid of the SS so she will be taking that payment over. The Vette will be mine. She doesnt want the nitrous or the other goodies on the Camaro I currently have so hey.....its gotta go somewhere. I want to put more effort into the nitrous system on the Vette. I am still currently running the 100 dry shot on the SS with no timing retard. It works great but it is used minimally and not for 1/4 mile runs. Just for quick bursts to get out in front of the fast cars just to prove a point. This has not been popular with folks on here but at least I post the bad things I do to. All Hail Chevy!

Fast6.3 08-18-2013 02:20 AM

nothing wrong with a little street racing

05SilverStreak 08-19-2013 11:00 PM

Well the word has got out in the small town I live in that I am spraying the Camaro. So I dont get much action like that. In fact it doesnt seem like many are interested in that kind of thing any more with how strict the laws have gotten with athat kind of thing. I bet with the Z06 emblem it will be even less. So the bottle wont get much use. But hey, Ill know its there and thats what counts.

BLACK10 08-19-2013 11:42 PM

Where in tx are you located?

We can have a nitrous tune set up for you with just the flip of a switch on the fly. That way when the nitrous is not in use you can have your full n/a power. No other timing controller needed

05SilverStreak 08-21-2013 01:02 AM

Message me and let me know what you have. I was under the impression I couse wire the LNC 2000 in sequence with the solenoid arming switch and activat all at once. However if you are talking about something that will retard timing and change to a different tune when activated that I would be interested in that. I am out in the woods so it will be an order thing.