Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   The car is finally home! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=564822)

nazarah 11-06-2019 08:43 AM

The car is finally home!

3 Attachment(s)
Drove from Virginia to Nebraska on Monday and Tuesday. No better way to get to know the car. Nineteen hours gave plenty of time for that. I ran into rain in Kentucky, so I don't have any pictures of the car that are clean that I have taken, but here are a few from the dealer where I bought it.

It's mostly stock. One of the previous owners did have kooks headers installed, along with a ported TB and a tune. Says it made 556 RWHP on the dyno after that. For a daily drive, I'm pretty OK with that. :cool:

Man I have to get used to driving a car that is this low again. Parking barrier has already reminded me gently that they exist.

EDIT:

The wheels are also not stock. They are MRR wheels like these

https://audiocityusa.com/shop/20-MRR...caAtGBEALw_wcB

I need to figure out what I am going to do for winter tires. Or just tires in general. One big pothole and the tires that are on there now will be toast. I need more sidewall.

Bigtime53 11-06-2019 12:27 PM

Nice looking car! Welcome to the ZL1 brotherhood.:happy0180:

Deputy347k9 11-06-2019 01:40 PM

Welcome to the Forum and yes you have a beautiful Camaro. Only thing is, it's a shame to driver that beautiful girl in the snow, salt and grime. All the HP, low stance does not do well on ice and snow... find a beater and put this one away for nicer days!

SSEssence 11-06-2019 01:46 PM

Nice looking ZL1! Congrats!

1Willy1 11-07-2019 09:18 PM

looks like the cars height has been raised by at least an inch

nazarah 11-11-2019 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Willy1 (Post 10656751)
looks like the cars height has been raised by at least an inch

Man - if that's the case I'm very glad that they did that. No way I'd be tooling around in Omaha if this car were 1" lower. If I even leave my driveway straight on in the morning I scrape a tad bit. I have to angle it out.

DBHWT 11-11-2019 05:08 PM

I agree w/Deputy.....find the cheapest beater you can find !!!

owhite3003 11-12-2019 02:32 PM

Congrats on your new ride.

BLU DUCE 02-11-2020 01:21 PM

BLU DUCE AKA=Spike III Build

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 (Post 10655834)
Welcome to the Forum and yes you have a beautiful Camaro. Only thing is, it's a shame to driver that beautiful girl in the snow, salt and grime. All the HP, low stance does not do well on ice and snow... find a beater and put this one away for nicer days!

:wave:More than plus one.

nazarah 02-11-2020 03:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Smitty CC (Post 10721869)
Hey Naz tell me about the 70 Chevelle... Do you still have it? Do/did you Cruise it? Maybe a paint job or plate that I would recognize? :thumbup:

I do still have it! Sorry for the late response, things been a bit crazy around here lately. I'll attach a picture. I think you'll know if when you see it.

DRKS1D3 02-12-2020 09:16 AM

Congrats! :happy0180:

Yes, those wheels are reproduction '17+ SS 1LE wheels. Very sharp!

Now, get that stock airbox off of there and let the poor thing breathe.

SSammy 02-12-2020 10:41 AM

Nice ZL1! I agree with Deputy347k9. I have a long commute, so my DD is a '96 Civic that I bought for $500. For the tire dilemma, I've been caught out in the snow a few times, and I've been very happy with my Conti DWS06's, and it looks like you've got plenty of wheel well for the taller sidewall you seek.

Edit: Just noticed the Chevelle, wow, GYAT DAM is right!! Beautiful car!

ariZona28 02-12-2020 11:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Great looking rides! For tires, I'm running Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's on my Z/28. Great tire for the money. Good ride. Plenty of tread for foul weather but I have yet to drive in any rain. I'm with the others, get a pick-up or something else to drive in foul weather. I'm sure the '70 doesn't go out on crappy days.

Kevlar382 02-13-2020 01:42 PM

Really nice car, congrats. I didn't notice that it looked a little higher but make sure the blocks are out of the front springs. Sounds crazy but it is amazing how many are running around that the dealer didn't know to pull them out. They came with them to get them on and off the truck when shipping. They are yellow and should be kept in the car in case you ever have the put it on a roll up flat bed.
Also I would do a fuse pull to it in case it ever had lower octane run in it. It will auto program to adj for the low octane but needs to have the fuse pulled to program it back to where it should be. Sorry but i don't remember which fuse number it is but i'm sure you can find a thread on here about it. Put it away for the winter and buy something with the money you save on ins.