Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - California (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Best Auto Customization Shops in SoCal! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243450)

Alex12 08-12-2012 12:40 AM

Best Auto Customization Shops in SoCal!

Okay, hey guys,
im looking for any customization or body shops that are great with Camaros, and have very good prices
im looking for mods to be done like:
tint, interior lighting, exterior lighting, exterior accessories, brake calipher paint, body kits, grills, bumper, cold air intakes, etc

i have been told Granatelli is a go to place in oxnard but any others you guys recommend in Southern California?

thanks!

2010SSRSM6 08-13-2012 02:23 AM

Install the CAI yourself and keep the $100 for your other mods. It can be done in 15-20 minutes if you take a beer break and have to pee.

Several guys took there cars to a place in Santa Clarita for side vents and painting and all of them came out great! I can't remember the name of the place but I'm sure Chitto or TCat can give you the info.

GL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex12 08-13-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 (Post 5433136)
Install the CAI yourself and keep the $100 for your other mods. It can be done in 15-20 minutes if you take a beer break and have to pee.

Several guys took there cars to a place in Santa Clarita for side vents and painting and all of them came out great! I can't remember the name of the place but I'm sure Chitto or TCat can give you the info.

GL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

santa clarita? was it called nostalgic creations cus ive been there unless there is another place

C5RocksC5 08-13-2012 04:07 PM

You guys in CA have West Coast Customs in Corona...his show is on TV. I knew Granatelli was a "more or less" speed shop that catered to Mustangs until maybe a couple of years ago when they expanded to Camaros, etc. Never heard they did the kind of custom work you are looking into.

STuRTzz 08-13-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdari (Post 5435863)
You guys in CA have West Coast Customs in Corona...his show is on TV. I knew Granatelli was a "more or less" speed shop that catered to Mustangs until maybe a couple of years ago when they expanded to Camaros, etc. Never heard they did the kind of custom work you are looking into.

try getting wcc to work on your car. They sales guy never answers and when he did answer, he said they were filming so they won't work on any other cars.

caper 08-13-2012 04:34 PM

Do it yourself or at different shops....I have all that and never went to any place in particular

Mindz 08-13-2012 05:10 PM

Exotic Custom Cars and Design in Huntington Beach does some great work. Russ runs a small shop but is very personable and cars about cars. He's worked on my car, and I plan on going back to him at some point for some goodies.

Alex12 08-13-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caper (Post 5436011)
Do it yourself or at different shops....I have all that and never went to any place in particular

any websites you recommend for buying the products?

Alex12 08-13-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdari (Post 5435863)

wcc is waay overpriced the stripes i wanted to do i paid $700 for, before i did them, i got a quote from wcc they said itd be 2500 no difference in material or style

Alex12 08-13-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindz (Post 5436219)
Exotic Custom Cars and Design in Huntington Beach does some great work. Russ runs a small shop but is very personable and cars about cars. He's worked on my car, and I plan on going back to him at some point for some goodies.

thanks for the suggestion! is he reasonably priced and does he just work on anything for cars?

leonardo 08-13-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex12 (Post 5436328)
wcc is waay overpriced the stripes i wanted to do i paid $700 for, before i did them, i got a quote from wcc they said itd be 2500 no difference in material or style

TELL ME ABOUT IT !!!! I called once for a quote on vertical doors installed and they wanted 9 grand !!!!!!!!!! for vertical doors !! I said thanks but no ****ing thanks lol

Synerbee 08-13-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonardo (Post 5436449)
TELL ME ABOUT IT !!!! I called once for a quote on vertical doors installed and they wanted 9 grand !!!!!!!!!! for vertical doors !! I said thanks but no ****ing thanks lol

It is funny VDI is 5 minutes away from them and charge $1000

Alex12 08-13-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonardo (Post 5436449)

am i right??
if one day i have money to throw, i would go there for the most custom job that i can say wcc did because it would be something only they can do lol
leo, you and SoCal HT suggest else besides granatelli?

Alex12 08-13-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synerbee (Post 5436504)
It is funny VDI is 5 minutes away from them and charge $1000

VDI?