Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Worst Car Brand Sold in America? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=326285)

The_Blur 11-02-2013 07:57 PM

Worst Car Brand Sold in America?

I was having a discussion with someone too busy driving his new 1LE to post this, so I'm going to do this.

What is America's worst car brand? Base it on whatever you like—quality, performance, whatever. I'm only posting real contenders for this, so don't expect to see Aston Martin or other limited production products.

Discuss, and vote! :popcorn:

LikaRokBowTie 11-02-2013 08:10 PM

Are you saying any car sold in USA or cars made in USA:iono:

The_Blur 11-02-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LikaRokBowTie (Post 7151675)
Are you saying any car sold in USA or cars made in USA:iono:

:sorry: I'm sorry the poll took a while. This is about any brand sold in the US. Of course, keep in mind that a car that is built here isn't necessarily American. Follow the dollars, or whatever local currency those brands really use. :dizzy:

McBeevee 11-02-2013 08:16 PM

Even though I still like the Challenger a lot, my vote was for Chrysler based upon my personal experiences in the past.

Bhobbs 11-02-2013 08:30 PM

I'm going with VW. My sister had two Jettas that were garbage and anyone I know that has/had one, had issues.

DGthe3 11-02-2013 08:53 PM

Not on the list but ... Smart. Mitsubishi isn't too far ahead of them.

matt55 11-02-2013 09:00 PM

Listed Hyundai/Kia first and Chevy/GM last .
I have an idea how you feel lol.

dmginc 11-02-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Never Satisfied (Post 7151702)
Even though I still like the Challenger a lot, my vote was for Chrysler based upon my personal experiences in the past.

+1

upflying 11-02-2013 09:27 PM

Saab is out of business.
Nissan has some of the worst looking cars. Juke, Cube, Murano Crosscabriolet, Note, Leaf, Versa to name a few.
Worst in terms of business and product line? That would be Mitsubishi. I think they will be out of business soon.

Angrybird 12 11-02-2013 09:31 PM

Sorry but I can't see any that have terrible cars across the board. There are some crappy models in just about every brand as there are good ones that are sold today, now if you had asked of all time I would say Yugo....

Where is Mazda?

DGthe3 11-02-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upflying (Post 7151940)
Saab is out of business.

Not quite. They started building cars again a little more than a month ago. Don't worry, I thought they were dead & gone too.
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/09/19/s...n-trollhattan/

PYROLYSIS 11-02-2013 09:40 PM

I didn't know Hyundai and Kia were related. I voted Mitsubishi just because the only halfway interesting car they have is the EVO. I guess they still make it? :iono:

Volvos are boring too but they have the whole safety thing going for them.

Angrybird 12 11-02-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS (Post 7152000)
I didn't know Hyundai and Kia were related. I voted Mitsubishi just because the only halfway interesting car they have is the EVO. I guess they still make it? :iono:

Volvos are boring too but they have the whole safety thing going for them.

I remember Volvo got caught in 1990 falsifying a commercial touting the roof strength of their cars. Although it was the advertising agency that did it Volvo had to approve it before it aired.

Quote:

THE MEDIA BUSINESS: ADVERTISING; Scali Quits Volvo Account, Citing Faked Commercial
By KIM FOLTZ
Published: November 14, 1990
SIGN IN TO E-MAIL
PRINT

Rocked by a highly publicized scandal involving a misleading Volvo commercial, Scali, McCabe, Sloves resigned the $40 million account yesterday.
"I'm devastated by it," said Marvin Sloves, the chairman and chief executive of the agency he founded 23 years ago with Sam Scali and Ed McCabe. Resigning the account "was the right thing to do," he said, adding, "The executives at Volvo deserve a chance to put this thing behind them."
Scali's undoing was the "Bear Foot" commercial, filmed in Austin, Tex., in which a giant pickup truck with tires nearly as tall as a man crunched its way across a line of cars, flattening all but a Volvo station wagon. The advertisement was presented as a real demonstration of Volvo's superior construction, but the results had been rigged by reinforcing the Volvo.
The Texas Attorney General got wind of the fakery and sued Volvo, forcing the company to apologize publicly in advertisements that ran in national newspapers and pay a fine of more than $300,000.

TheReaper 11-02-2013 10:16 PM

Mitsubishi = Junk