Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The official “I saw Transformers the movie” thread (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1123)

frodo 07-02-2007 10:49 PM

The official “I saw Transformers the movie” thread

I just got back from the theatre and WOW. The Fifth Gen looked so damn good on the big-screen.

Oh, and the movie was good, too. lol.

Anyway, the movie was amazing. I highly suggest it for anyone who calls themselves a car enthusiast (specifically GM) or a Transformers fan.

Has anyone else seen it yet? What did you think?

Mr. Wyndham 07-02-2007 10:56 PM

Oh, crap - I forgot it was out today... how long, about, was it?
Was it as good as it was in the Traliers? ;)

Note to all those who have seen the Transformers movie!!!!...Please don't give anything away (spoilers) for the next week or so. For courtesy of those who don't have a lot of time on their hands to go out and see this movie....

EDIT: sorry for hi-jacking the thread like this...but I'm worried for everyone else as much as myself...:D

selil 07-02-2007 11:11 PM

Just got home from seeing the movie...

Dang...... Wowser...... My twin boys have informed me that I need to get a new camaro..... yowser.....

Mr. Wyndham 07-02-2007 11:14 PM

HAHA!!
Listen to them! :laugh: and then get a yellow and black one! ;) (that should freak 'em out a bit)

TFord 07-02-2007 11:19 PM

movie was great...and that 5th gen was a sight for sore eyes. 2009 cant come fast enough

TAG UR IT 07-03-2007 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 14747)
Oh, crap - I forgot it was out today... how long, about, was it?
Was it as good as it was in the Traliers? ;)

Note to all those who have seen the Transformers movie!!!!...Please don't give anything away (spoilers) for the next week or so. For courtesy of those who don't have a lot of time on their hands to go out and see this movie....

EDIT: sorry for hi-jacking the thread like this...but I'm worried for everyone else as much as myself...:D

Exactly what Dragon said or the BAN stick is coming out!!! We go tomorrow to the 7:40pm viewing. Can't wait!!!

Mindz 07-03-2007 01:57 AM

I go tomorrow at noon. I can't wait. Glad it's not a let down. Too much hype around the movie that I didn't want it to turn out to be an alien vs predator (although I liked it, many people felt let down.)

AFSNightrod 07-03-2007 03:25 AM

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: IT ISN'T FAIR!!! I WANT TO SEE THE MOVIE!!!:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I NEED TO FIND A BOOTLEG!!!:bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Eisenhower 07-03-2007 06:02 AM

Saw the movie-- thought it was the usual, pointless Michael Bay crap.

I loved the work that ILM did in bringing the Transformers to life on screen! And "really" dug the old and new Camaro's too!

dgraves 07-03-2007 06:49 AM

I would have gone just to see the Camaro, but the movie was pretty good too. The 5th Gen isn't going to get here fast enough.

AirGoya 07-03-2007 09:42 AM

IT WAS THE BEST MOVIE IVE EVER SEEN. I went yesturday opening night and i was so excited, when the movie started i started screaming. I couldnt control myself. Anyway to answer your question its a longer movie which is good, about 2 1/2 hours. The movie was what i would call the perfect movie. Awesome Cars, Hot Girls, Great Action, Hilariouis, and a Good Story.
Ive been showing pictures to my friends of the camaro and theyve said yea its cool. But they havnt really gone gah gah over it like me. After the movie they told me that car is amazing and they now understand why i like it so much. So the movie does a good job of showing off the car without overdoing it.
Ill stop talking about it. Just go out and see it. Its a movie for anyone. :thumbup:

Tran 07-03-2007 10:18 AM

I'm reading a lot of good reviews and buzz over this movie from people who saw it early. Anyone seen it yet? I'm especially curious how much coverage the Camaro transformer gets. :thumbup:

dgraves 07-03-2007 11:40 AM

It was a pretty good movie, but there could have been a lot more Camaro in it. All in all, it just made me want one even more.

KILLER74Z28 07-03-2007 02:21 PM

Caught a 12:45 EST showing, the movie is awesome, a must see. :eek: Tons of new Camaro shots. :eyebulge: Make sure you stay threw the first half of the credits. Oh, and watch for hand outs after you leave the show. The theater I was at had posters and buttons, very cool… :thumbsup:

TAG UR IT 07-03-2007 03:01 PM

In order to make all movie information regarding discussion, reviews, and Camaro Concept info as easy to find as possible, all threads have been merged to this one, single thread. Let's keep all the talk here.

This thread was kept due to it's name "The Official - I saw the - Transformers Movie thread."

I'm counting down the hours...we go at 7:40pm and I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Mindz 07-03-2007 04:50 PM

No handouts here. :cry: :cry: :cry:

The movie was FANTASTIC.

Only 2 disappointments but I won't give it away. Let's just say I am a somewhat avid Transformers fan. I still think the movie was 11/10.

GO SEE THIS MOVIE!

Mr. Wyndham 07-03-2007 06:01 PM

Good to know! I was hoping that I would enjoy more than just the Camaro about this movie - looks like I won't be let down!:D

Zyreal 07-03-2007 10:51 PM

Wow, the movie was Awesome...easily the best of the year, I mean, even excluding the Camaro, which was great in it, so many camera shots directly on it...But I mean, wow, I mean, honestly...the only movie that in my eyes even gives transformers a run for it's money in best of 07 would be 300. But I think transformers takes it...

If you weren't gonna see it cause you thought it might be too cheesy...go see it...worth every penny.

CamaroSpike23 07-03-2007 10:52 PM

OMG 2.5 hrs of non-stop ecstasy!!

went and saw it monday night @ 8 eastern. even wore my Optimus Prime voice changer mask! OMG. that camaro is teh sex. the gf leaned over after BB turned into the 09 and asked "is that the car you were wanting to get? it looks good...we can get one if you want"

needless to say, I was ecstatic. And I think im in love...

yes with 09 Bumblebee...and...my girlfriend.

Mr. Wyndham 07-03-2007 11:02 PM

NICE!!! That's a girl to hang on to -she recognises a beautiful Car! :laugh:

CamaroSpike23 07-03-2007 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 14827)
NICE!!! That's a girl to hang on to -she recognises a beautiful Car! :laugh:

well, i have talked to her about it previously, and im at the decision now that either I can keep modding/upgrading my 94Z and save a little each month ($1000-$1500 a month) or just dump everything into our savings and possibly be able to pay it off in 2 yrs ($2000-$2500 a month).

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut theres also this:

http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=906

tho she doesnt want that one anymore, im still looking @ around $8-$12k for one

TAG UR IT 07-04-2007 12:02 AM

FANTASTIC !!!
Without a doubt, this movie gets :thumbup: . (two thumbs up):D

I'd love to get into detail, but I don't want to spoil it for everyone else. I'll tell you right now, it was awesome w/ Bumblebee and both Camaros. There was a great chase scene (I won't tell you with whom!!!). The Camaro alone did not make this movie. It was a combination of everything.

I loved Transformers as a kid. When I saw this trailer one day in the theater, I freaked out. In fact, I still remember seeing the trailer and I thought, "My God. I have to wait another year before it's out...good grief." It was worth the wait. There is the Camaro which is awesome. There's some great comedy, increadible CGI animation (at one part, the camara shot seriously looked like it was real life), a great love interest w/ Sam and the girl, and the theme of the movie was great. All around, this was the perfect movie. There was really only one part I didn't like.

Mindz, PM w/ those two parts you didn't like when you get a chance. I want to see what is on your mind.

And, as far as how well the movie will do at the box office, it's going to soar to the top. This is an excellent movie for all age ranges. There were 7 and 8 year olds yelling "Megatron!" the first time they showed him. There were older couples as well whooping and holloring. It is simply appealing to all ages. Even better, this was the first time in maybe 15 years of going to the movies that people actually applauded countless times and yelled in happiness throughout the movie. It was non-stop and I loved every minute of it whereas normally, I just want poeple to BE QUIET. People just kept clapping and going nuts...as was I!!! I'm going to see this movie again hopefully this week. This will be one DVD to own....which is what my wife said w/in the first 5 min. of the movie.

This movie was worth every penny. I will spend a bunch more pennies to go and see it again in the theaters. All in all, I'd have to say this is going to be my new favorite movie. Good job, Michael Bay and everyone else who worked to make this movie come to life!!!:thumbsup:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

GO SEE THIS MOVIE!!!!

And how about the soundtrack? Not bad, huh?!

Zyreal 07-04-2007 12:18 AM

Okay, I gotta know which parts Mindz and Tag didn't like...I can't really think of anything...

PM if possible

Mindz 07-04-2007 02:07 AM

I don't feel like typing out the parts. They're just very minor and I found a few more things I didn't like as much as I should have. You guys have cell phones? Especially Zyreal, I have a few questions I need to ask ya. You can check my post in the spoilers thread or pm me your phone number.

EDIT: Tomorrow I see this with my girlfriend and a few other people. My second time, their first. I've been dying to show my g/f the car irl. She's going to the Rev It Up tour with me on Saturday, but I wanna see what she thinks of the car in the movie. I still haven't seen it in person, but the movie made it seem even better than the pictures that I've seen here. I'm just that much more infatuated with it now.

jbynum69 07-04-2007 02:21 PM

just saw the movie and it made me get a massive woody when I saw the camaro in all its glory .(to all that say its ok you must have seen another movie because the one I saw was so action packed and intense that I will probably see it about 3 more times this week)
also happy 4th of july to all!!!

Mr. Wyndham 07-04-2007 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbynum69 (Post 14878)
just saw the movie and it made me get a massive woody when I saw the camaro in all its glory .(to all that say its ok you must have seen another movie because the one I saw was so action packed and intense that I will probably see it about 3 more times this week)
also happy 4th of july to all!!!

Um....:eek: :laughabove:

Moose 07-04-2007 09:02 PM

Well, I was up at 7AM this morning, waiting to go see Transformers with my brother. WE went to the 9:30AM show. :thumbsup: (buttered popcorn and a Coke aren't recommended in the morning. :o )

I thought the movie was very well done! :clap: I embarrassed myself by AHHHING out loud at Bumblebee's appearance. :o :laugh:

We then stopped by 'Toys R Us' after the movie. I was only collecting Bumblebee, but I walked out with a few of the other Autobots. :D

I'll be going to see Transformers a second time. :thumbsup:

* Remember: "They live among us." All Camaro's are "the good guys"/Autobots. Mustangs>DECPETICONS! *

EllwynX 07-04-2007 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindz (Post 14843)
I still haven't seen it in person, but the movie made it seem even better than the pictures that I've seen here. I'm just that much more infatuated with it now.

I have to say that the movie manage to show a more 'real' view of the Camaro.

Not a single unattractive shot, something that can't be said for photographs.

So anyone that didn't like the photos, the movie is what it REALLY looks like. LOL

theonlyoneleft 07-05-2007 12:12 AM

This is the type of movie that makes me wish I had 10 thumbs... So then I could give it 10 thumbs up. It was AMAZING. Usually when I go into a movie with high expectations, I end up disappointed. But after I came out of Transformers, I was ecstatic! It met all of my expectations and then some! :w00t:

TAG UR IT 07-05-2007 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theonlyoneleft (Post 14917)
This is the type of movie that makes me wish I had 10 thumbs... So then I could give it 10 thumbs up. It was AMAZING. Usually when I go into a movie with high expectations, I end up disappointed. But after I came out of Transformers, I was ecstatic! It met all of my expectations and then some! :w00t:

Exactly!

Moose 07-05-2007 08:12 AM

* FYI* I've heard that there are plans already for a sequel. Apparently the movie company was given the "go ahead" to make a sequel as a result of all the pre-release hype, and I'm sure the good reviews will only support that decision. :thumbsup:

TAG UR IT 07-05-2007 08:30 AM

Oh, yeah...after this? Sequel for sure!!! I hope the voices all stay the same and if they are going to use any of the same human characters, that they get the same actors/actresses to play the same roles.

I hate it when they replace someone and then call them by the same name trying to play them off as the original....no way.

AirGoya 07-05-2007 10:36 AM

I saw the movie on July 2nd at 10:00

JWz28 07-05-2007 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 14825)
the gf leaned over after BB turned into the 09 and asked "is that the car you were wanting to get? it looks good...we can get one if you want"

needless to say, I was ecstatic. And I think im in love...yes with 09 Bumblebee...and...my girlfriend.

You got a keeper there :thumbup:

JWz28.

CamaroSpike23 07-05-2007 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirGoya (Post 14937)
I saw the movie on July 2nd at 10:00

I saw it @ 800... I win! buuuuut apparently, I got tickets at the wrong theater cus if i had gone to the one a few miles over, they had BONECRUSHER!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so upset when I heard that and saw pics of it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose (Post 14930)
* FYI* I've heard that there are plans already for a sequel. Apparently the movie company was given the "go ahead" to make a sequel as a result of all the pre-release hype, and I'm sure the good reviews will only support that decision. :thumbsup:

yeah, they have already begun writing the sequel

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWz28 (Post 14938)
You got a keeper there :thumbup:

JWz28.

thanks, `

MerF 07-05-2007 05:42 PM

Arrg! I wasn't sure if the 4 year old would enjoy it at all (GF's daughter) and they were here visiting (we live 400 miles apart) this whole week... I was beside myself trying not to pressure them, but they are gone...and my mission in life is to see it this weekend.

Thanks for the reviews (and to the mods for putting spoilers in the other thread which I won't open yet!!).

EllwynX 07-05-2007 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerF (Post 14972)
Arrg! I wasn't sure if the 4 year old would enjoy it at all

I think a 4 year old would enjoy it.

My nephew is 5 1/5. I'm taking him this Sunday hopefully (assuming I don't get stuck at work) to see it. He managed to sit thru Spider-Man 3 and Pirates of the Carribean 3 without being too antsy. He only got a little figity on the slow/quiet parts of S-M3 when I took him, and fell asleep for the last 30 mins of Pirates3 my stepdad told me (his dad, my brother, passed away last year, so my stepdad and I take him to the movies when we can). Action pops up and he's glued to the screen. So he should enjoy all the action in Transformers.

MerF 07-05-2007 08:31 PM

Well, my 7 year old daughter loved watching movies like Pirates, Harry Potter, etc when she was littler...but my GF's 4 year old girl is convinced that if it's not a cartoon it's not for her. Kinda aggravating, but that's just the way she is.

IVOZ06 07-05-2007 08:46 PM

Yes, saw it today and loved it.

I mainly went to see the Camaro:D

94z28inok 07-05-2007 11:26 PM

Havnt got to go yet, bills had to come first. but my birthdays next friday if anybody wants to help me out here j/k:D Cant wait to go though. Hope to go Monday at least.