Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2014 Camaro5 Fest (V) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=223)
-   -   Preliminary Drivers/Spectators Count, and Event Shirt Pre-Order Info (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=340767)

gen=5 02-11-2014 12:43 AM

I hate to be a cry baby Vert owner ,but a freaking roll bar if it runs faster than 13.49 Thats just plain dumb and a lot of words i cant say................Is there a car show to enter the cars in,instead of just leaving my ZL1 in that dirt field if the handicapped is full,as a ton of people always lie and borrow a placard to park in the handicapped parking to protect their cars.......
I have been holding off selling my ZL1 so i could drive it to Show,but i thought I could at least get away with keeping it under 11.9 or 12 flat without a roll bar,I have never ran my car wide open for over a 1/4 anywhere, as silly as that may sound...
Normally i might hold it wide open for a second or 2 a most...,I know my skills are a 10th of what they used to be and always worry about what the out come could if i was unable to react in case of a problem,cause by either my self or others on the road..
Are roll bars required for the road course,Although left turns are really hard under speed for me...

maybe i will bolt it in and bolt it out then sell it who knows,maybe i will just get pissed and drive a ford in protest of the rule,lol.....

driving hopefully plus 3

SkunkJunk420 02-11-2014 12:54 AM

2 spectators :headbang:

MSKIM-NLC 02-11-2014 01:18 AM

Will be attending as spectator with WoodyWood007

TAG UR IT 02-11-2014 08:51 AM

UPDATED

Quote:

Originally Posted by gen=5 (Post 7411807)
I hate to be a cry baby Vert owner ,but a freaking roll bar if it runs faster than 13.49 Thats just plain dumb and a lot of words i cant say................Is there a car show to enter the cars in,

Leave it to the pissed off debbie downers who want to jack with our events to cry about specific rules. Fest 1 was a blast and everyone just went out and had a great time. No issues. 2nd Fest and the whiners and evil doers came out of the wood works doing everything they could to ruin the event. Sad that some people can't just smile and let others have a good time. So, to avoid all issues, we just let everyone know in advance, be expected to play by the rules. In the end, if all rules are followed, 99% of all issues (safety) can and will be avoided.

But yes, there will be a car show. Adams will be sponsoring this again and BOY did they have some sweet awards last year!:eyebulge:

SNSSTR 02-11-2014 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 7412235)
UPDATED

Leave it to the pissed off debbie downers who want to jack with our events to cry about specific rules. Fest 1 was a blast and everyone just went out and had a great time. No issues. 2nd Fest and the whiners and evil doers came out of the wood works doing everything they could to ruin the event. Sad that some people can't just smile and let others have a good time. So, to avoid all issues, we just let everyone know in advance, be expected to play by the rules. In the end, if all rules are followed, 99% of all issues (safety) can and will be avoided.

But yes, there will be a car show. Adams will be sponsoring this again and BOY did they have some sweet awards last year!:eyebulge:

And it's not like the moderators or admins are making the roll bar/roll cage rule for verts. It is an NHRA rule, so in the end it is the track who will be enforcing this rule. If they don't enforce the rule, and someone from NHRA sees such, I'm fairly certain they could face fines or other recourse from the NHRA.

This is my first Fest and I'm hoping to have a fantastic time. Ready to drag race, show my car off, meet all these fellow Camaro owners, get ideas for next years' mods, and party it up!

Deke736 02-11-2014 11:21 AM

1 driver for both drag and autoX.

tramtwo 02-11-2014 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXLS3 (Post 7409904)
TXLS3 spectator + 1

This is my first post.. Actually just signed up, Been browsing the site for about 2 months since I got my 5th gen. You guys are awesome on this site with all the information from A to Z. Hopefully I can get some pictures up soon. Looking forward to camaro v fest!!

Welcome!! You're getting on board at the perfect time!! :w00t:

TAG UR IT 02-12-2014 08:01 AM

List updated

jnutt83@yahoo.com 02-12-2014 08:34 AM

2 spectators here. Wish i could compete.

GretchenGotGrowl 02-12-2014 09:23 AM

GretchenGotGrowl - Drag Racing

Andrew4180 02-12-2014 10:44 AM

Andrew4180 - drag racing

13ss/rs 02-12-2014 04:14 PM

Looking forward to being a part of this Its going to be my first fest. :-) I can't wait !!!!!!!
13ss/rs -- drag and autocross

mlee 02-12-2014 04:57 PM

List up-to-date!!

MMLC 02-12-2014 08:32 PM

Go-in to Texas! Long ways from WYO. Not shur if I am racing yet or not. I am driving down, no trailer for this kid. Two of us to show up for the fun.