Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   camaro colors (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8862)

camarolover 10-25-2008 12:19 AM

camaro colors

they should bring hugger orange back

BBfan24 10-25-2008 07:35 AM

from what i heard GM couldn't get the rights to either the name "hugger" orange or the actual color. i'm not sure which it was or how true this is

Hesh 10-25-2008 07:57 AM

Looks like im the only one that voted no...lol. I like the IOM better. Im not really a big fan of orange but the darker orange thats on there is a great color. That will be the color i purchase on my camaro. The hugger orange is a heritage color for the camaro but was just not for me.

lakestar 10-25-2008 08:18 AM

I know they have had to weigh cost versus innovation on this design all the way along, but it seems to me every car maker has a dark near brownish orange metallic in their line-up. Its the fad color at the moment. This is one place where I wish they would have given us the option to go classic 69 Camaro and made hugger orange an option. It would give the car a color that truly stands out from the crowd these days. It would give people another reason to say "I want a Camaro" instead of something else. On the other hand, I may be overestimating the demand for a bright orange car. It won't happen at launch anyways, but maybe later. I still think and hope they are holding back and will have orange pearl tri-coat or hugger orange available on the convertible, "For those of us that have been dreaming of the concept car". If not, as someone here has already pointed out to me, you can always save your pennies and get a custom paint job and a truly unique car. :cool:

EllwynX 10-25-2008 07:39 PM

I'm not a fan of orange. But I prefer the more copper looking oranges.

bouncertime 10-25-2008 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllwynX (Post 171605)
I'm not a fan of orange. But I prefer the more copper looking oranges.

Me too, I prefer a burnt orange.

pinkcamaro10 10-26-2008 11:50 AM

60 years from now, when another new camaro comes out, there will be a post just like this asking to bring IOM back.

nUcLeArEnVoY 10-26-2008 12:54 PM

I voted yes, but honestly I really don't care. IOM is essentially a metallicized Hugger Orange with maybe a little more red to the mixture.

fixxer56 10-27-2008 01:46 PM

i wasn't too sure of the color either until I took a trip to a local Pontiac dealer and saw IOM on a solstice. I remember the hugger orange, but I like this better(In my humble opinion, you either like it or not)

96CAMaro 10-27-2008 02:19 PM

My vote would be for a SOM (Sunset Orange Metallic). I have seen two SOM 2000 Camaro SS's and they looked absolutely beautiful.

zebra 10-27-2008 05:44 PM

yes... but only as a replacement for IOM. orange is such a 'weird' factory color that you can't really justify having two of them at once, especially when they're that close to each other.