Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Need some advice (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30602)

Ghans64 07-02-2009 08:32 PM

Need some advice

Okay so I need to know what people think about this. Before I put my deposit down on my 2SS Camaro I asked my salesman if I could test drive the car when it came in before I actually bought it to make sure I like the way it drives and feels to me. My salesman said yes you can test drive it and if you don't like it you can walk away and get your deposit back.

Well now I asked him again if I will be able to test drive it when it comes in and he says well first you will need to sign all the paper work first (buy the car) and then you can test drive it. If you don't like it after the test drive we will rip the paper work up. I got a little stunned and now it has been bugging me ever since.

I need to know other people's opinion on this. I mean I do not like the idea of signing my name, having my credit hit and going through the whole finance process before test driving the car. I am placing all my trust that they will keep their word and not file the paperwork if I do not like the car. Plus this means I have to get my credit hit before I know if I like the way the car drives. If I had known this all in detail I do not think I would have put my deposit down. Am I just being paranoid or does this just now sound right? I need some advice!

Thanks.

Hylton 07-02-2009 08:38 PM

There are 1,000 of folks on this board who signed on the dotted line without driving it let alone seeing it. What are you worried about? Go test drive a car at Avis.

mikenmar 07-02-2009 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylton (Post 643988)
There are 1,000 of folks on this board who signed on the dotted line without driving it let alone seeing it. What are you worried about? Go test drive a car at Avis.

I totally disagree on this one. I never sign on a dotted line if there's any chance I don't intend for it to be enforced 100%.

Test drive the car first, before you take ownership. It's your right.

Hylton 07-02-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikenmar (Post 644010)
I totally disagree on this one. I never sign on a dotted line if there's any chance I don't intend for it to be enforced 100%.

Test drive the car first, before you take ownership. It's your right.

No problem. The salesman will just sell it to someone else who is willing to buy it sight unseen.

nasty2ss 07-02-2009 08:48 PM

come up to NY and ill let you drive my 2ss i know youll love it

1320junkie 07-02-2009 08:48 PM

I wouldnt deal with that dealer you do not have to buy or sign the dotted line to test drive cars...I test drove a Z06 before I bought mine at the dealer. I test drove a Porsche before I bought mine at the dealer. I test drove a Zr1 before I ordered mine..Why would you have to do it for a Camaro ?

mlee 07-02-2009 08:49 PM

Find someone in your area to let you drive one... Then either buy it or don't...

tjbusa 07-02-2009 08:49 PM

Find a dealer with one on the lot and go or as said, rent one from Avis, but I and tens of thousands plopped their money down, must have faith or you don't.

Hylton 07-02-2009 08:52 PM

Has anyone here heard of one person who bought the car before the ability to test drive one and did not like it? I haven't.

1320junkie 07-02-2009 08:53 PM

It's the Op's preference to drive it first..can't knock him for that. After all it is his money and he personally has to be comfortable spending it.

mikenmar 07-02-2009 08:56 PM

I don't find the "everybody else does it" line of reasoning very persuasive.

1320junkie 07-02-2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikenmar (Post 644061)
I don't find the "everybody else does it" line of reasoning very persuasive.

Me neither

KJS 07-02-2009 09:00 PM

When you're gut is telling you somethin' ain't quite right, then don't do it. Think it thru, get some (good) advice and then act on your instincts.
There's a reason you're feeling this way.:thumbsup:

mlee 07-02-2009 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylton (Post 644039)
Has anyone here heard of one person who bought the car before the ability to test drive one and did not like it? I haven't.

HMMMMMMMM:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: NOPE...