Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Trifecta tune plus mods (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327876)

bionick 11-12-2013 07:34 PM

Trifecta tune plus mods

I've read many different things about this tune. Some say they love it, some say it's only worth it with certain mods.. What exactly does it do?
Take a look at my mods below, and let me know what you think. Is it worth it with the current mods I have?

bionick 11-12-2013 07:35 PM

Obviously I'll be taking off the performance module

hunterv6 11-12-2013 09:38 PM

You have 2012 why not hp tuner or efi live.

DSX_Camaro 11-13-2013 06:01 PM

Get a real tune. As the previous poster stated.

bionick 11-13-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunterv6 (Post 7181270)
You have 2012 why not hp tuner or efi live.

Is HP tuners good? Haven't read much on them. Also I haven't heard of efi so I'll check it out

bionick 11-13-2013 10:48 PM

From the graphs I have seen, it looks like trifecta has the same gains plus a fraction of the cost. I may be wrong, but the efi live was like 900 plus vin license for 100. I could get it tuned at a local dyno for about 500-600 so since I am not very familiar with these tunes, why spend almost a grand for efi?

lscamaro 11-14-2013 12:20 AM

HP Tuners and EFI aren't tunes. They're tuning software with which you can tune your car. I would invest the money to go get a dyno tune. Go get it done right once. The companies that do dyno tuning use programs like EFI Live and HP Tuners

dmginc 11-14-2013 05:53 AM

replace the K&N intake, there are much better ones out there. then get a dyno tune.

bionick 11-14-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmginc (Post 7185132)
replace the K&N intake, there are much better ones out there. then get a dyno tune.

I planned on getting a Cold air inductions but since I live in arizona and it's always a million degrees outside Would it really make that big of a difference for $400 or so? And yeah I'll probably get a dyno tune when I get the extra cash to blow

hunterv6 11-14-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lscamaro (Post 7184971)
HP Tuners and EFI aren't tunes. They're tuning software with which you can tune your car. I would invest the money to go get a dyno tune. Go get it done right once. The companies that do dyno tuning use programs like EFI Live and HP Tuners

This^ plus if you plan on fi or any mod in the future. Better to dyno tune than mail order. Cuts time and effort. Its well worth the extra if they had it for the llt this would be the way I would go. I have trifecta and want bash them but the turn around time can be quite long you can search and see that people have waited weeks to hear back about their datalogs. Now just image that if you mod at a steady pace and want to check to see if everything is running smooth be prepared to wait on your reply.

Sent from my iPad2 on space mountain

bionick 11-14-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunterv6 (Post 7187141)
This^ plus if you plan on fi or any mod in the future. Better to dyno tune than mail order. Cuts time and effort. Its well worth the extra if they had it for the llt this would be the way I would go. I have trifecta and want bash them but the turn around time can be quite long you can search and see that people have waited weeks to hear back about their datalogs. Now just image that if you mod at a steady pace and want to check to see if everything is running smooth be prepared to wait on your reply.

Sent from my iPad2 on space mountain

Thanks for the feedback guys