Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Any way to get memory seats? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165876)

sixty4 08-17-2011 09:46 PM

Any way to get memory seats?

Anyone come up with a way to set up drivers seat to have memory?
:popcorn:

v6sonoma 08-17-2011 10:12 PM

Sure. Don't let anyone else drive it. ;)

But seriously. Nope. Not available.

IBM/2SS/RS/LS3 08-17-2011 10:14 PM

I wish.. It's my biggest bitch about the car

alini 08-17-2011 10:27 PM

I never understood the whole memory seat thing. I drive the car, I stays where I left it. Its remembered ;)

In my old Vette it would constantly want to make minor adjustments when I cranked it up because the seat was worn in. Was annoying

Guyute 08-17-2011 11:17 PM

My CTS had this and I found it to be a worthless feature. Maybe if you have a weight problem it could be helpful.

Nessal 08-17-2011 11:23 PM

I wish the seats would slide forward all the way when you let passengers in and then go back to the correct setting.

Grimlock 08-18-2011 01:17 AM

Being a bit OCD, I wish I had them just as an extra measure. I have my seats, side/rear mirrors and wheel set up exactly to my liking. I let others get in or drive my car if asked [and if I trust their judgement/driving] and occasionally have to take time to get the seating position corrected. I would ask them to leave the seats alone but I want them to enjoy the car/drive as much as possible.

Patrol.in.a.Camaro 08-18-2011 03:06 AM

Speaking of memory seats, but just in a slightly different sense....is there any such thing as memory foam seats for cars? Is that even a real thing, or possible? I'm just a bit curious. I love the feel of memory foam in my mattress and my pillow. Why not on a car seat..... :iono:

Tiesun 08-18-2011 04:24 AM

I'm with the 2nd poster, Don't let anybody else drive it....EVER!

Phail 08-18-2011 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alini (Post 3633299)
I never understood the whole memory seat thing. I drive the car, I stays where I left it. Its remembered ;)

In my old Vette it would constantly want to make minor adjustments when I cranked it up because the seat was worn in. Was annoying

Having a wife that is a foot shorter then me, I would love to have this feature. Not everyone is an alone forever face driving around in their Camaro :)

montreal2010yellow 08-18-2011 01:25 PM

I'm presently reading the book Camaro a legend reborn and it has lots of conceptors-engineers comments.

All of them are saying the the Camaro is a Love Affair between the driver and the car...So only a few cars will be driven by more that one driver....So memory seats are not a must....But I would have liked to have this option.

Phail 08-18-2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal2010yellow (Post 3635803)
I'm presently reading the book Camaro a legend reborn and it has lots of conceptors-engineers comments.

All of them are saying the the Camaro is a Love Affair between the driver and the car...So only a few cars will be driven by more that one driver....So memory seats are not a must....But I would have liked to have this option.

90% of the cars on the road are only driven by one person. The only reason it's not in the car is cost savings. Weight reductions a reason they can use that at least makes sense, but we all know it all comes down to the mighty dollar.

You don't expect some of these bells and whistles in a muscle car, so they can leave them out and save money, regardless of reason.

fmcooper 08-18-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v6sonoma (Post 3633238)
Sure. Don't let anyone else drive it. ;)

I loved this :)

Deke736 08-18-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phail (Post 3635345)
Having a wife that is a foot shorter then me, I would love to have this feature. Not everyone is an alone forever face driving around in their Camaro :)

This si my issue as well. Wish I could tell the wife not to drive it, but that's more of an argument than it's worth.