Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   service stabilitrak-car wont start- if it does wont switch gears (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179843)

Rn2010 11-01-2011 10:57 AM

service stabilitrak-car wont start- if it does wont switch gears

I have a 2011 camaro, which in the shop for the 3rd time and i haven't even had it a year.. I was wondering if anyone had experienced the intermittent problem of when you try to start the car "service stabilitrak" displays and the car doesn't even attempt to turn over or make any noise, after a few attempts of turning the key off and on, the car finally starts BUT still displays the service stabilitrak message and the engine light comes on, when you start to drive,it doesn't switch gears, i can be going 25-30mph and the rpms are all the way up to 4,000 and the car never shifts and runs VERY loudly, then when I let off the gas it takes FOREVER for the RPMs to come back down. I can shut the car off a few times and try to drive it again and it will still do it, then i can stop and restart and its GONE. When i took it to the dealer it didn't leave any codes, they had it for 3 days and were clueless.

The other problem my car has, which is the second time I'm having this fixed, is getting the " Ac off due to high engine temp" my car had been sitting in the garage for 10 hours and displayed this messgage upon starting the car. thermostat gauge doesn't work and I get no digital temperatue on my dash controls either, but the car never over heats.

garcmol 11-01-2011 12:18 PM

This almost sounds like someone popped the hood and began pulling wires. What a mess!

Reason I say this, If you have a misfire - you will get a service stabilitrak message, thus a plug wire may be loose (or several and that's why it won't start at times).

The powertrain control module isn't talking to the engine control module - the shifting issue.

You have a temp sensor that isn't getting a reading so, for safety reasons, the car is going into a safety mode (reference the A/C off due to high temp) Another sign is you get no temp reading on the DIC.

Throwing this out just to see, but, you may have a grounding issue. Too much going on at one time it seems, then it's gone.

Siper 11-02-2011 10:31 PM

I had the same problem but we fixed it, for my 2011 1LT automatic
-Some times when I try to turn the car, I get (service stabilitrak) and the car will not start
- after some attempts or taking the key off and putting it back in, the car start
- But the engine light is on + Transmission does not SHIFT, stays on 1st gear
- The only way to make it shift, is to drive the car at 40MPH>> put the gear on “N” then back to “D” (note that the manual will not work).

This happen to me at a random time, to get the transmission to work:
turn the car off… leave it for 5-30minutes, and when I start it again, the transmission “might” shift again

The dealer changed the ECM wires but it did not work, finally the changed the ECM and I have never seen (service stabilitrak) message again

Codes that I pulled out:
U0100
U2504
P0700
P0202

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6239/...2bb5dd4b_z.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6236/...7cc621b3_z.jpg

seth229 05-05-2013 01:46 PM

i have a zl1 with 2000 miles on it its doing the same thing and sometimes it says service parking assist and wont start

Chevrolet Customer Svc 05-05-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seth229 (Post 6507569)
i have a zl1 with 2000 miles on it its doing the same thing and sometimes it says service parking assist and wont start

seth229,

That's extremely unfortunate to hear about and I apologize for your experiences. Feel free to private message me and we can explore avenues for getting your vehicle in for diagnosis ;).

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

2SS BUMBLBE 06-26-2013 06:04 PM

Same exact symptoms (Service Stabilitrak and Service reverse sensors, with zero start) in my 2010, just yesterday (25 JUN 13). Dead as a doornail. Dealer identified the ECM as being faulty.

goodtry 07-21-2013 07:26 PM

Just had the same thing happen on my ZL1 1100 miles, had to have it towed, will have an answer in the morning.

diesel0312 08-15-2013 11:02 AM

2010 camaro

hello hey i got the service stabilitrac tunring on and it happens when the car wont start it will start but winds and when it runs it backfires and the rpms reader doent move :sad0147:

Chevrolet Customer Svc 08-15-2013 12:06 PM

Hi diesel0312,

I am sorry to hear this! Have you had the vehicle diagnosed at your local dealership? I would be happy to assist in scheduling an appointment for you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:

Originally Posted by diesel0312 (Post 6900722)
hello hey i got the service stabilitrac tunring on and it happens when the car wont start it will start but winds and when it runs it backfires and the rpms reader doent move :sad0147:

1FAST SS 08-19-2013 06:25 PM

I just experienced the same issue. Car died on the side of the road and had to have it towed to the dealership. Still waiting on call from service manager.

1FAST SS 08-22-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SS BUMBLBE (Post 6719913)
Same exact symptoms (Service Stabilitrak and Service reverse sensors, with zero start) in my 2010, just yesterday (25 JUN 13). Dead as a doornail. Dealer identified the ECM as being faulty.

Had the same issue. Just got my car back today.

whitewarrior 08-06-2014 03:46 PM

Hello

well for starters i am freaking out haha i am guessing that any of us do anytime something is wrong.
i was driving yesterday and my car began to make a noise, the shifts were rough and the overall sound of the car was louder, note that no light came up or message on the board. i got to my destination and 30 minutes later when i came back out the car had trouble starting. i took it home check everything meaning oil, coolant everything. this morning the cars was still running rough i went to work and when i came home i turned the car off, when i went over to turn it on again to put it in the garage the car wouldnt start, the engine light came on and service stabilitrak came on the dash board. i schedule an appointment at my dealership for tomorrow morning. my car finally turned on about an hour later and i parked it in my garage.....

Rock-It Man 08-06-2014 04:07 PM

Sounds like damaged wiring or faulty ECM.

Damaged wiring is sometimes the result of mice taking up residence in the car.

ECM failure is sometimes the result of a collision that you may or may not know about.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 08-06-2014 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitewarrior (Post 7872244)
Hello

well for starters i am freaking out haha i am guessing that any of us do anytime something is wrong.
i was driving yesterday and my car began to make a noise, the shifts were rough and the overall sound of the car was louder, note that no light came up or message on the board. i got to my destination and 30 minutes later when i came back out the car had trouble starting. i took it home check everything meaning oil, coolant everything. this morning the cars was still running rough i went to work and when i came home i turned the car off, when i went over to turn it on again to put it in the garage the car wouldnt start, the engine light came on and service stabilitrak came on the dash board. i schedule an appointment at my dealership for tomorrow morning. my car finally turned on about an hour later and i parked it in my garage.....

Sorry to hear about your Camaro's starting woes. I realize how concerning that would be. Keep us posted on the results of your dealer visit. If necessary, I can contact their designated Customer Experience Manager if you have any additional questions. We'll look forward to your updates :).

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care