Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Leak Found Please Help ID (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302241)

kinardr 06-16-2013 06:09 PM

Leak Found Please Help ID

4 Attachment(s)
Came home to find a leak under my driver side weal it looks like it's coming from the hydraulics of the suspension. How soon so I need to be in the shop? I have an appointment for Saturday so I need to go sooner?

Toms2010 06-16-2013 06:15 PM

Color? Don't assume black, Check brake reservoir and oil.

chvyman 06-16-2013 06:23 PM

leak

looks like the strut is leaking

kinardr 06-16-2013 06:29 PM

This happened while sitting. It's light brown, lighter than oil, only cuz that's why I have the appt oil is a bit dark. Break reservoir is good at high, I pumped the breaks and did not get more to follow.

kinardr 06-16-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chvyman (Post 6677559)
looks like the strut is leaking

Was afraid of that, disappointed this is happening while sitting I would understand if I had just driven it hard.

:mad0259:

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-16-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinardr (Post 6677527)
Came home to find a leak under my driver side weal it looks like it's coming from the hydraulics of the suspension. How soon so I need to be in the shop? I have an appointment for Saturday so I need to go sooner?

Hello kinardr,

Really sorry to see pictures of the leak. I know that must a worrisome situation for you. On the other hand, it's pleasing to see you take a proactive approach by scheduling an appointment. Is the visit at a GM dealership? If so, I'd like to monitor the diagnosis on your behalf. Feel free to PM me and let me know if that's okay.

Best regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

kinardr 06-16-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc (Post 6677662)
Hello kinardr,

Really sorry to see pictures of the leak. I know that must a worrisome situation for you. On the other hand, it's pleasing to see you take a proactive approach by scheduling an appointment. Is the visit at a GM dealership? If so, I'd like to monitor the diagnosis on your behalf. Feel free to PM me and let me know if that's okay.

Best regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

PM Sent

TheHorse13 06-17-2013 05:48 AM

The strut seal blew out. You can see it seeping in the one picture. It's an easy fix. Go see your dealer if you still have a factory warranty.

kinardr 06-17-2013 02:42 PM

Yep Dealer is taking care of the Strut under the Factory Warranty :happyanim:,

but.... there is always a but, what should you always do if you replace and Shocks or Struts?

Yep I get the bill for the alignment... Sighhh....:noidea: They also found a few Items I agreed to have fixed there along with the Oil and Service that I had them do and they do great work and are friendly. but... another but... the dealership wanted $100 to change the in Cabin Air Filter, or $45 for just the filter itself? :eyebulge:I just got a few on eBay for $12 each.

Rob...

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-17-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinardr (Post 6680814)

but.... there is always a but, what should you always do if you replace and Shocks or Struts?

Yep I get the bill for the alignment... Sighhh....:noidea: They also found a few Items I agreed to have fixed there along with the Oil and Service that I had them do and they do great work and are friendly. but... another but... the dealership wanted $100 to change the in Cabin Air Filter, or $45 for just the filter itself? :eyebulge:I just got a few on eBay for $12 each.

Rob...

Just came across your update Rob! Thanks for sharing. I have also sent you a response via PM.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

OmniCamaro 06-17-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinardr (Post 6680814)

Rob...

Very nice!

I had just bought a filter at the dealer when I saw that cheap cabin filter thread. That one hurt a little. It's all good though, fresh air is nice!

Hannibal 06-18-2013 06:50 AM

I would have pushed back on the alignment bill. Doing an alignment is part of the replacement procedure for the struts.

kinardr 06-18-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannibal (Post 6683859)
I would have pushed back on the alignment bill. Doing an alignment is part of the replacement procedure for the struts.

I am, Its not all said and done yet.

firestone_ss 06-20-2013 12:45 PM

actually its not part of the install, flate rate job states "does not include alignment". This is normal and should not be considered as trying to rip any one off. What I would suggest if you plan on keeping your vehicle that you find a place with a lifetime alignment you can buy, we carry them for 169.99 and theres no limit on how often you can align it best value ever, good luck