Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Mid-Atlantic (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   SicSix6 is no more.... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181362)

SicSix6 11-08-2011 11:15 PM

SicSix6 is no more....

Guess I should tell you guys...
I sadly parted with my beautiful IOM SS yesterday. :cry: No I did not wreck it. Times aren't getting any easier and my payment was making my life very difficult. My daily driver is unfixable and winter is on the way. So, I decided to look into getting a 4x4 pick up that will give me many uses lower my payment, my insurance as well as be at least a little cheaper on fuel. I traded the car for a 2008 GMC sierra with 30000 mi. Letting the camaro go was one of the hardest things I've had to do. :cry: But $200 less a month is a big difference. On a positive note they did assess the camaro at 24500 and almost paid the whole thing off. I cried all the way home from woodbridge, but I know this is the right decision. I do still plan to continue with some gatherings and photography though.:word:

xXSilencerXx 11-08-2011 11:57 PM

Sad to hear, but do what you gotta do! There will always be other opportunities to get another one someday.

TAG UR IT 11-09-2011 12:01 AM

:(

Sorry to hear it. But, like you said, you have to do what you have to do.

damn....that sucks....

Sterling 11-09-2011 12:02 AM

Sorry to hear that... I hope to run into you again at a future event. I really enjoyed the convoy to the first fest with you.

edog 11-09-2011 03:21 AM

Man, sorry to hear this Tim. As we all know, life is first and cars are not even in the equation. I look forward to hooking up in the future.

CruznSS 11-09-2011 03:54 AM

:( Sorry to hear TIM. Completely understand. Hey, it may work out for you to get a ZL1 or a Z28 (we can only hope). Hope to get up with ya soon.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

IOM Hokie 11-09-2011 04:38 AM

Sorry to hear this Tim. I enjoyed meeting you at one of the meet-ups you planned and hope to see you again in the future. Good luck and hopefully another camaro is in your future.

IrocJack 11-09-2011 05:13 AM

Sorry to hear, but you could get some SS emblems for the truck. :w00t:

Infern0 11-09-2011 06:31 AM

Ugh, that must have been hard.

SILVERHAWK 11-09-2011 07:53 AM

Damn man that SUX!!!!!!! hopefully this awful downslide will turn around soon. At least you were smart enough to make right decision before it ended up putting you in an even worse position.

SicSix6 11-09-2011 09:30 AM

Thanks for the support everyone. It is hard to deal with, however the two days I've had to drive the truck has been very fun. Sterling, thanks the cruise was very fun. Edog, you know I'm still around and will still try to do gatherings and (ahem) calendars and photo shoots. Btw, E, give me a shout about the bow and crossbow thing if you are still gonna do that. Crussin..... You read my mind. Thanks everyone for not roasting me ovr this. :)

GTAHVIT 11-09-2011 09:32 AM

This is still your home. No matter what you drive.

:thumbsup:

67 Convertible 11-09-2011 09:42 AM

You will still be on this site though.

I traded mine four months ago, not because of financial reasons, but it just wasn't practical as a DD with 2 grandchildren and another on the way, where I didn't have any grandchildren when I bought the Camaro. I bought a 4x4 SUV. Drove the Camaro for 2 years and had alot of fun with it but just needed something more practical at this time in my life. There is an SS or a ZL1 in my future in a couple of years though, maybe when I retire.

I still have my '67 convertible and a Harley so I'm not without toys.

I still check this site many times during the day, just can't stay away even though I'm 5th Gen-less at this time.

CruznSS 11-09-2011 09:52 AM

Dude, would never bust on someone for having to give up there ride. Ending a 21 year relationship here. Times are hard but that's when you find out who your true friends are. Hell, time to mod the truck! List kit, tires, suspension....... :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk