Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New photos of two prototype Camaros shipped into LAX Airport ! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2716)

cesmieu 01-28-2008 10:26 PM

New photos of two prototype Camaros shipped into LAX Airport !

7 Attachment(s)
So I worked the graveyard shift at LAX last night And I See one the ramp agents taking 2 camaros into the warehouse from a cargo flight coming from somewhere in Europe.. I was able to take some crappy pictures with my cell phone..

Attachment 3621

Attachment 3622

Attachment 3623

Attachment 3624

Attachment 3625

Attachment 3626

Attachment 3628

TheMadHatter99 01-28-2008 10:27 PM

Nicely done! An excellent first post!

Anyone know why the camo is still on some? I thought it was supposed to all be off a few weeks ago.

09'Z28 01-28-2008 11:02 PM

1st. Welcome to the site:wave: , 2nd. thats one impressive first post if only it was better quality but nice anyway

acscamarochick06 01-28-2008 11:04 PM

Welcome to the site!! Awesome post!! We're glad to have you here!!! :wave:

And please, if you see the Camaro anymore, take more pics and show us less fortunate who have yet to spot it or see it in person! lol

fattyj 01-28-2008 11:12 PM

welcome and way to go:coolpics: .... these cars can't even be shipped under the cover of darkness to be undetected ...lol

TAG UR IT 01-28-2008 11:18 PM

:happyanim: :happyanim:

cesmieu, THAT is ONE HELL of a way to make an entrance!!!!! I bet you were shocked to see the prototypes out there. How cool that would have been!

MadHatter, I thought that camo was supposed to come off too. It was either Scott or Ed that had said all the camo was coming off and to keep those cameras on hand.

WELL DONE, my friend. WELL DONE.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Camo_Soldier 01-29-2008 12:07 AM

Nice, this is what Jalponik said

Quote:

Though it may be a violation of some obscure TSA regulation, we're happy to see shots of the 2009 Chevy Camaro being delivered to LAX as it means the new bowtied muscle car is that much closer. These particular photos were snapped by an attentive member of the Camaro5 forum who happens to work the graveyard shift at the big airport. They even come in camouflaged and non camouflaged versions, which makes us think they were too lazy to rip off the tape before sending it over.

DGthe3 01-29-2008 12:44 AM

Mmmmm, spyshots

Mindz 01-29-2008 12:47 AM

Wow, Cesmieu, you're just basking in all the fame here. Welcome to the boards and it looks like this saturday I'm heading to Benecia with a telephoto lens. Great shots!

Also, I thiink that it would be a pain to take the camo off cuz it might not be stickers. it might be sstsancilied paint. Cesmieu would be the one to tell us that.

KILLER74Z28 01-29-2008 02:04 AM

Welcome... I would have to say the best way to start posting... :thumbsup:

69 350 SS 01-29-2008 02:33 AM

Thats a neat setup they have for the two cars..... GM must have too much $$$ It would cost a fortune to have them airfreighted.... It cost me an arm and a leg to bring my 69 from US to AUS by container LOL

Sterling 01-29-2008 02:37 AM

Will someone take a picture of the gas cap? That's one question that's killing me!

TAG UR IT 01-29-2008 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlingnotes (Post 42043)
Will someone take a picture of the gas cap? That's one question that's killing me!

:word:

KILLER74Z28 01-29-2008 03:00 AM

:word: X2

Camaro Lives On 01-29-2008 05:25 AM

Wow dude, once again nice entrance! I guess that can be an up side to the graveyard shift :) nice pictures man and wecome !

camero 01-29-2008 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlingnotes (Post 42043)

Sorry to tease you with twin horizontal milled billet aluminum hatches on the showcar but we couldn't afford to do anything cool with it on the real car. It's just like this one but on the American passenger side. There is SO much cool stuff on the Camaro I can't bear to see you get yourself so worked up over a filler door that doesn't exist.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...1kzOgQr030.jpg

Flyin'Camaros 01-29-2008 06:23 AM

Can anyone see if those are halo lights on the front? Just curious, bad eyes...(and I know it is not finished;) )
I like these pics for a simple reason...even though they are blurry, you can see the lines of the car in a lot of these pics that I could not see in the others and that has got me all :happyanim: :headbang: !!!!! This car is freakin sweet....

The front looks mean and true, (looking directly at the front) like i am lookin basically at the concept...the lines are sexy....dang...:bow:

By the way great first post and :coolpics:

stevenm357 01-29-2008 06:27 AM

awesome shots Thanks man....

I bet the V8 is still in camo! That or they just didn't take the camo off and that's the same camo car that's been running around all the time.

KevinK 01-29-2008 06:30 AM

...off to a nice start, ...welcome : )
cool shots :)

SilverTurtle 01-29-2008 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenm357 (Post 42053)

I bet the V8 is still in camo! That or they just didn't take the camo off and that's the same camo car that's been running around all the time.

that's what I think... the white car is the V6 and the camo car is the V8... notice the difference in wheels and tire sizes? the camo car obviously has larger wheels with lower profile tires and the white car has smaller wheels and more rubber than wheel... historically, that is how GM mounts treads on their passenger cars.

and as everyone else has already said, welcome to the site and awesome first post! :w00t: :thumbup:

camaro10 01-29-2008 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camero (Post 42051)
Sorry to tease you with twin horizontal milled billet aluminum hatches on the showcar but we couldn't afford to do anything cool with it on the real car. It's just like this one but on the American passenger side. There is SO much cool stuff on the Camaro I can't bear to see you get yourself so worked up over a filler door that doesn't exist.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...1kzOgQr030.jpg

I swear Camero, Sometimes I feel like you get your jollies from deflating us with some of your posts.
:brokenheart:

ferrignolou 01-29-2008 07:00 AM

i'm interested in where in europe it came from-austria?

Moosen75 01-29-2008 07:28 AM

that is some great work there. you get an A+ for that first post. i am happy they are starting to make their way back home where they belong. But here is a good question, where has the convertible been? i know its supposed to come a year after the coupe release but i am still surprised there has been no sightings.

munkee drummer 01-29-2008 07:29 AM

Heyyyy those do look like halo headlights!!! Good eye for spotting them! Where you running while taking those pics?? j/k lol Nice find though!

SilverTurtle 01-29-2008 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferrignolou (Post 42060)
i'm interested in where in europe it came from-austria?

LAX is a loooooooooong flight from Europe... my guess is that those didn't come from Europe, contrary to what the article says... I'm betting them came from Oz.

ferrignolou 01-29-2008 08:39 AM

What's 'oz'?

lou

Convertible Lady 01-29-2008 08:41 AM

convertible Lady

1 Attachment(s)
:thanks: :thanks: I am impressed with the look of this new camaro, I am waiting for the convertible though. I hope I can afford one without giving up my 69. It is nice to know it will be coming soon.

ferrignolou 01-29-2008 08:59 AM

the rear is ,compared with the concept version, very tame!!!
i hope it looks much more aggressive in natura!

lou

Moose 01-29-2008 09:34 AM

Welcome cesmeiu :thumbsup:

Good "snag"! :thumbsup: Hopefully our members out on the west coast will keep their eyes open and cameras ready for more shots. :cool:

eR1c 01-29-2008 09:40 AM

Hey, someone in an earlier post on this thread mentioned that they'd hope to see those two camaros in Benecia? -Where in Benecia...more details please???

I live close to Benecia and have a high quality Nikon D80 camera and telephoto lens. If I know where they might be i'll heading out there to find them and snap photos.

GothamCamaro 01-29-2008 09:45 AM

cesmieu!

Wow, incredible first post, talk about being everyone's favorite person right now! Hoping you don't get in any major trouble for those spy shots.
I'm noticing what everyone else is with the Halo lights and the tires... could these be the V8? ...and not white in color. Just when I think I'm not going to be able to get more excited, it happens again! :happyanim:

I'm bouncing off the walls over here!
GM... you just can't hide something as awesome as the Camaro, night or day or in camo. :)

Thanks again! :coolpics:

mega_man_01103 01-29-2008 09:45 AM

wish they were a little better quality but we cant deny those who risk there livelihood for the good of camaromankind. (hope you dont get fired for taking those.) nice pics. way to be on your game.

mega_man_01103 01-29-2008 09:47 AM

and i also agree about the top being the v6 in the bootom the v8.

alleykt123 01-29-2008 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eR1c (Post 42077)
Hey, someone in an earlier post on this thread mentioned that they'd hope to see those two camaros in Benecia? -Where in Benecia...more details please???

Benecia might have been thought of as the entry point for the Camaros because that was where the GTOs made their initial arrival into this country from Australia.

Now, I'm wondering if they're going to be around So Cal. for long (would love to get a glimpse of one :drool: ).

SSmoked 01-29-2008 10:08 AM

first off welcome to the boards. it great to see the camaro not only in the day but at night aswell.:coolpics:
also thank u for makin me look at these pics instead of studying for my exams lol

and did anyone else notice that the top camaro has a different set of headlights than that of which the "front camaro pic" one. the headlights on this one seem to be more like the concept

Georgianne 01-29-2008 10:33 AM

"the rear is ,compared with the concept version, very tame!!!
i hope it looks much more aggressive in natura!"

lou, I think the rear looks great! I consider myself somewhat of an expert in that area.

Mr. Wyndham 01-29-2008 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferrignolou (Post 42067)
What's 'oz'?

lou

'Oz' is Australia. Also known as 'The Land Down Under'. ;)
That's a good point...Australia to LAX fits the equation better than Europe...

Flyin'Camaros 01-29-2008 10:42 AM

Just an observation....This Camo is White with black triangles...not the reverse as we have seen before. Another mule? Look at this prior spyshot link..

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2009-...-shots/555819/

I missed it if there is one:iono: .....This link also shows the top car with small wheels and the bottom with larger wheels...both black with white camo...not white with black camo like the LAX car.

SilverTurtle 01-29-2008 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 42099)
'Oz' is Australia. Also known as 'The Land Down Under'. ;)
That's a good point...Australia to LAX fits the equation better than Europe...

yeah, what he said

I'm definitely liking where this is headed :)

radz28 01-29-2008 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fattyj (Post 41998)
welcome and way to go:coolpics: .... these cars can't even be shipped under the cover of darkness to be undetected ...lol

BWAH!!! :thumbsup: You damn right!!!

First - AWESOME post
Second - AWESOME post
Third - Thanks!!!